Native American Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native American Month

So I was watching t.v. today and I heard "help celebrate Native American Month" I was like woohoo! Finally aye? Anyways the reason this excited me was because last year I got sent an e-mail, it was a petition asking for a native American Month or something or other (give me a break it was last year!but I did sign it!):p Anyway so now that we have a MONTH what are we gonna do with it?:dontknow:
    If you should suck my soul, I should lick your funky emotions. Nothing's good unless you play with it, play with me baby.

Did you just see what god did to us man?

If Barbie is so popular why do have to buy her friends?

just a lil' history on how ameri. indian/alaska native heritage day began:
    at the turn of the 20th century natives went about signing petitions in hopes for a day of recognition for all the contributions natives had made to better the us
    in 1915 red fox james, blackfoot, rode horseback from state to state in hopes of gaining support for the cause
    a year later dr. arthur parker, seneca, persuaded the boy scouts of america to designate a day to honor natives
    ny was actually the first state to honor the date & other states followed soon after
    in oct. a senate resolution authorized the pres. of the us to designate the week of oct. 10-16, 1976 as "native american awareness week"
    in 1990 pres. bush approved a joint resolution designating nov. as amer. indian/alaska native heritage month and each year thereafter a proclamation has been signed to celebrate the month to recognize the culture, and educate the public about history, heritage, arts & traiditions about natives.

so each year the president signs a proclamation designating nov. as amer. indian/ alaska native heritage month... i believe smokin' actually posted the proclamation.
    i kno in the dc area, many events occur during this month from powwows, to cultural presentations given to schools & agencies, the opening ceremonies for gov't agencies, as well as artifacts displays goin' on and even art shows & concerts.
    there's always something going on!
    "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

My daughter and I are going to dance and sing next Wednesday at the IRS building in Richmond. Maybe they'll give me a break on my taxes .
      Through the good times and bad times, always pray.

Comment

native american awareness week?? sounds like a disease or somethin...GEEEZ :Mad ..but i guess u can't be mad at the effort...i jus can't stand it when they put native american heritage month or wutever...holiday...in the same month as turkey day...UGH!! :Mad x's 2
        "would u like to lick the frybread greaze off of my lippz??"

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic

Comment

Wallflower

This is the perfect time to contact Gov Schwarz. Round up the troops down there and I'll round them up up here!

:marching:

Comment

:tank: Goody~goody gum drops, do we all finally get a chance to round up and take turns shooting at him? :army: :lol2:
            If there ain't soccer in heaven ~ I ain't going!!

Comment

Wish they had something going on here! Wyoming sucks and there ain't crap around here except for a bunch of old people and cops! Seriously I am not lieing! It took 6 months after I moved to this craphole to even see any youngin's! Cheyenne sucks and I can't wait to get outta here! And the people in this town don't give a crap about anyone else except for the AIRFORCE people down at Warren AirForce Base! It sucks I wish there was DECENT powwows around here. I ain't trying to drive all the way to Denver or anything like that. :Yell :Cry
              If you should suck my soul, I should lick your funky emotions. Nothing's good unless you play with it, play with me baby.

Comment

pilgrim pinata

Were buying a pilgrim pinata and on the last day of native american month were gona bash it to a bloody pulp.
                Friends dont let friends take home ugly Men. :huddle:

:indian1: THE DARKER THE FLESH THEN THE DEEPER THE ROOTS :indian1:

Comment

Re: pilgrim pinata

Originally posted by theepowwowchic49
                  Were buying a pilgrim pinata and on the last day of native american month were gona bash it to a bloody pulp.
                  :Chatter :Chatter :Chatter
                  hahahaha... too funny! hey... can we get in on this... shooo nevamind, i'll just look on and whoever busts that mutha up first, i'ma dive for the candy...
                  "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

Re: pilgrim pinata

LMAO

sounds like a good time to be had in "celebration" of Thanksgiving! :)
                    The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Big blast

yep yep we even got that little beeyoch in the mayflower dress to. So we got the friggen pilgrim and his beeyoch.we got the bat ready and waiting. pictures to follow soon after
                      Friends dont let friends take home ugly Men. :huddle:

:indian1: THE DARKER THE FLESH THEN THE DEEPER THE ROOTS :indian1:

Comment

Re: Big blast

yep yep we even got that little beeyoch in the mayflower dress to. So we got the friggen pilgrim and his beeyoch.we got the bat ready and waiting. pictures to follow soon after
                        oh heck yea post those suckers! :)
                        The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Unfortunately,

where I work on a Naval installation in millington, there has only been 1 article of information about the Native American Heritage month. The only reason it was in there, is because of a Powwow we had in Millington recently.

I am typing up a letter to the editor of the base newspaper to let them know how disappointed I am about a page 4 article about this month.
                          Ezaasakwaadek-bkwezhigan ndaa miijin

~Though I wear a shirt and tie
                          I'm still part red man deep inside!~
                          <Paul Revere and the Raiders>

A very wise old Chief (Archie Mosay) once said to listen carefully when a White man tells you specifically that he won't do this or that, because more often than not he is telling you EXACTLY what he IS about to do.

Comment

Re: Big blast

your crazey theepowwowchic49
                            `~`~He kai a te rangatira he korero~`~`
                            ``The food of a chief is talk``

Comment

I'm down!:p That's what I'm talking 'bout!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                              • TigerEyes214
                                Neverending Game
                                by TigerEyes214
                                k. I didn't see any game like this before so....short and sweet here goes:

Last one to post wins!!! GO!!!!!!

(so far I'm the winner) :taunting:
                                05-07-2004, 04:12 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X