Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antique War Bonnet - Can you Help?

Hello Everyone,

I have joined this forum hoping that someone can help me...I live in Australia and have been left this stunning antique headdress from a family member.

Would you be so kind as to help me work out if it is genuine or not

The headdress is fully lined with the soft purple satin material that has stamped on it - "Somerset Hunt Cap" ....I found this is an old English company....which I am hoping they can help me with the background of it story.

I was told they are genuine Bald Eagle Feathers, which I do know they are illegal in your country..... this is an antique headpiece made in the early 1950's or before....I am trying to get its story if I can.....

Would you all be so kind as to help me and try to view the feathers for me and confirm the authenticity of the Bald Eagle.

I know turkey feathers well and they don't look like them - but in those days I don't know.

I am looking at selling this piece if I can to return it to its Native Land....but first of all I want to be 100% that it is "fully genuine"
    I sincerely would appreciate all the help I can get.

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

Those are genuine dyed domestic turkey feathers ! Bald eagle tail feathers are white ! Immature are black and white speckled.....what those are , are cheap imitations of immature golden eagle feathers .

I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time
      Cheers

Comment

Just been tol it’s Winter Hawk

Comment

No, it's not! Those feathers are dyed turkey feathers! The Bonnet is not a " Real Indian Headdress"! It may be old and if it is , then it's an old fake bonnet. Nothing about it is genuine. You can buy those feathers on ebay for about8-9 bucks a dozen.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Turkey Quills - WHITE/BLACK. Turkey Quills are individual. These are the main attractions and the headpieces in chorus lines and circus performances. They are also suitable for all types of hats. 10 (Ten) Pcs.

Last edited by wardancer; 06-04-2018, 11:25 PM.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.