tipis vs. houses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tipis vs. houses

if all said and done...would u give up ur life right now (houses, cars. jobs,...fast food) to go live back in the day where all u had was tipis, horses and hunted for your food?
    WHEN FACED WITH A CHALLENGE, LOOK FOR A WAY NOT A WAY OUT.
    Death: The pain passes but the beauty remains.

keeping the knowledge and skills I have now?
    Ezaasakwaadek-bkwezhigan ndaa miijin

~Though I wear a shirt and tie
    I'm still part red man deep inside!~
    <Paul Revere and the Raiders>

A very wise old Chief (Archie Mosay) once said to listen carefully when a White man tells you specifically that he won't do this or that, because more often than not he is telling you EXACTLY what he IS about to do.

Comment

good question....

lets say no

Comment

whew *G*

Then I'd have to say yes, I would give it all up, without question.

A very wise old Chief (Archie Mosay) once said to listen carefully when a White man tells you specifically that he won't do this or that, because more often than not he is telling you EXACTLY what he IS about to do.

Comment

No question I would too.:Thumbs

Comment

what would be ur main reason?

Comment

For me? because I am getting tired of living in a concrete jungle. Plus, it may help me learn more about my heritage. That and I actually enjoy being outside working with my hands. (this also includes mowin the grass ;) )

Comment

come to NC and mow my grass anytime;)

Comment

LOL.. you'll have to wait till Im done with my 1/2 acre. Dont have a riding mower yet, I use a push mower *happy grin* gets me away from EVERYTHING and everyone for bout 3 hours.

Comment

Re: tipis vs. houses

Originally posted by saukpuppet
                    if all said and done...would u give up ur life right now (houses, cars. jobs,...fast food) to go live back in the day where all u had was tipis, horses and hunted for your food?

Ummm not all tribes lived in tipis back then. We still use our traditional hogan as our home to this day, its common these days out here to see a family or whomever live in a hogan and still growing crops and using their cow/sheep as food. but as for transportation, lol.. they all got cars LOL :Chatters but I remember that at my nali's house they had a wagon there :D I can be living in the city one day here and go back to my grammas and live that "back in the day" way. lol and my gramma dont have running water either she was lucky to get electricity, barely tho.. sooo for me i dont think i'd have to really give up much, because that life is already there back at home and believe me its not going anywhere!!! :D

Comment

___

Heck no!

I like my air conditioning and cable television!
                      Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

I would....but only if I had someone to snuggle with in my animal skin bwwankie...:Chatter.
                        "Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those doing it."

~ Ah nech me hewet ~ :49:

Comment

Re: tipis vs. houses

Originally posted by saukpuppet

yes i would give it up wouldnt have to deal with alot of BS and Health would be better. be in tip top shape :D theres alot of reasons But im too tired to type maybe when i have tha engry i will come back and write a book :p
                          *~*~*~Do Not Lead me in to Temptation I can Find it myself*~*~*~ :D :uptosomet

Comment

yeah i would....but my people didn't live in tipi's exclusively....mostly just in the spring and summer.....we lived in Longhouses during the fall and winter.....but yeah, i would ......the only downfall would be that i probably wouldn' t have the oppurtunity to meet all you wonderful people .....especially all muh homiez......on this website.....but yeah.....i could do that, live the true way....that would be just great!!!!
                            I may not be alot of things....but I am discreet

Comment

Cherokee never used Tipis. Their houses back then were very simular to the Navajo Hogans.

I've lived without running water, having to go outside to do my business, and no electricity. I've lived where we had to catch or hunt our own food, and nothing went to waste.

I'm NOT giving up my bathroom!!! I LIKE my running water toilet, and not having to go out and dig a hole just to poop, and then bury it!!!! Camping is one thing! I ain't living that way again, unless I have no other choice!! My bathroom even has a heater in it! Comfy warm before steping into nice warm water ..... of course we only have cistern water, so gotta be careful and can't just stand there and enjoy, but it's still nice and comfy warm in the winter time!
                              Your Heart Shows by how Your Words and Actions Affect Others.

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.