Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    You want spam for you appetite? Sorry, now spam available by me.

Subeeds LOL, setting up is a lot of work but taking down without breaking the Christmas glass baubles and storing away anything for the next years is well may even more than ten times the work.

Though Mom neither wanted a tree nor the Nativity set up we finally got a 12 inch high tree and the > 55 year old nativity set up this evening. Just in time. Sigh. The days from tomorrow until 21 of January will be difficult. The day dad went into hospital (24th of December) and the day he was buried in the forest between the trees. One day short of his birthday. He was a carpenter and he loved trees and their wood.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Chuy, a BLT and an apple, please. I worked up an appetite deleting spam.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    I'm glad to hear she's doing well. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Leave a comment:

• ches
    replied
    She walked down the hall with a walker and trained on a step device going up and down. Now, she gets to go home the same day from the anterior approach total hip replacement. Hope I do not poison her with my cooking.

Leave a comment:

• ches
    replied
    Nelda had a total hip replacement op and is doing OK.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    So glad to hear you and the Mrs. are safe, Ches. We were worried about you guys.

Not much new here. Dealing with an angry cat because it's raining. If she could understand the weather report, she would be madder because it's supposed to rain pretty much off and on until Wed. morning.

BA, this was on our local news this evening. I'm sure you've heard of this by now. That's a lot of work. I don't think I would mind the putting up, but the taking down would seem like 10 times the work.

TheĀ Jeromin family broke the record for theĀ "most decorated Christmas trees in one place," according to the Record Institute for Germany.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Good to hear that you and Nelda are safe.

Nice sights

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Another Christmas scenes from NM:

https://www.taosnews.com/news/los-ma...83e009c2f.html

Taos bonfires (Taken during Los Machines and photographer had Taos governor's permission, see article above.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	5edffba522c5d.image.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	3932136

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Glad to hear ya'll are OK.

Leave a comment:

• ches
    replied
    That was exciting tale, subeeds. Glad for you all and sorry for the deer. I and Nelda are good. She has a total hip replacement on the 21st. Two tornados came through Bowling Green, Ky. Factories hit at North Industrial park and destroyed. Nut wood street, 31W bypass, Russelville Road hit and houses and businesses destroyed. Our Baptist Church has sent out debris cleanup crews every day. Clothing Closet is there , but I do not see people using it yet. CREATOR sure did a number on 500 homes. 15 dead.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    One thing I don't miss in the city is the suicidal deer.

Cottonmouths... Eeek! I saw that watermoccasin attack scene in Lonesome Dove and now I won't go near a bayou or swamp. Even if I know I'm more likely to be killed by blood loss due to massed mosquito attack.

Everyone getting ready for Christmas? Got a nice venison loin picked out, WD?

I want to get a nice pork butt next week:

New Mexico Posole

1-2 c dried posole, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained;
    3 lb pork butt, cut into 1" cubes;
    4 slices bacon;
    4-5 qt water or chicken stock;
    1 - 14oz container Bueno red chili puree;
    2 onions diced;
    6 cloves garlic, minced;
    2 tsp granulated garlic;
    2 tsp ground cumin;
    2 tsp Mexican oregano;
    1/2 tsp chipolte chile powder;
    1 Tbsp honey (optional);
    flour;
    salt and pepper.

Brown the bacon in a large skillet. Remove bacon and cook the onion and garlic in the fat, until translucent. Place the vegetables and crumbled bacon in a 6 qt crock pot. Lightly coat the pork cubes with flour. Add to the crockpot. Add chili puree, spices, dried garlic, honey, salt and pepper. Add 4 qt stock.

Cook on low for 8 hrs, until hominy pops. Half and 3/4 way though cooking, check the liquid level and add more stock or water if needed. In the last 1/2 hour of cooking, check and adjust seasoning if needed.

Serve with lime wedges and sopapillas. Garnish with avocado slices.

Click image for larger version  Name:	OIN_Acoma_Christmas_Main_306c6e13-dd4b-4392-9aee-ed0df62c742d.jpg Views:	7 Size:	21.8 KB ID:	3932126
    Last edited by OLChemist; 12-15-2021, 10:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    Sorry to hear about your friends WD. I read about Larry Sellers, too. Covid has taken far too many. Glad CWD isn't bad where you are. The weather is warming up here again. The same system that tore up Ky., brought us some cooler temps, but they are headed back up. It's supposed to be in the low 80s by the weekend. I hope Ches is ok. I'm glad your daughter wasn't hurt when she hit the deer. Been there and done that. I had one try and jump over the car, tripped, and fell into a 15ft. ditch. I stopped and the kiddo and I got out. About that time, Animal Control drove by. Our kids went to school together, so we knew each other and she stopped. She looked in the ditch and commented that it was a nursing doe and she was dead. So she and my son took off across the road, into the marshy swamp to see if they could find the fawn. About 15 minutes went by, and a cop stopped. Small town living and all that, knew him, too. He asked if the car was drivable, and I told him yes, I was just waiting on them to get out of the swamp. By this time, I was freaking out imagining one of them getting bitten by a cottonmouth. So the cop got on his PA and told them I was getting worried and to get their a**es out of the swamp. A couple of minutes later, here they came. Loaded a rather muddy kid up and went home. If the doe hadn't of gone into the ditch and broken her neck I think she would have survived. The only damage done to the car was where she had kicked the seam between the front passenger door and the front fender. Hubby was able to pound that out. Animal control took the deer home so at least the meat didn't go to waste.
    Last edited by subeeds; 12-14-2021, 12:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Originally posted by subeeds View Post

Ches might not have power, cell or internet so he can check in. I know we will worry until he does.

I was sad to hear that one of my favorite authors, Anne Rice, died yesterday. I love her books and will treasure the ones I have.

WD, I was skimming over the online headlines, and saw it reported that your area has a bad outbreak of CWD among the deer.
    Is that true? If it is, that's pretty scary. Be careful.
    No CWD in our area ! I haven't seen any sick deer ! Daughter and grand-daughter came up saturday , well they started up friday night and hit a button buck with her car ! Nobody hurt , killed the deer , car injured , so they loaded up the deer and went back home , then drove up saturday and we killed a big doe saturday night , right before dark. Plenty of venison for the upcoming year ! And I still have 2 tags I can use in January ! Creator blessed us with a wonderful deer season ! Covid is still wreaking havoc around here ! We lost 3 very dear friends this week and I saw that another friend in Oklahoma just left us as well. Larry Sellers from Dr.Quinn Medicine Woman , went on his next journey . Sad And now this crazy weather creating misery in 4 states in one night ! My prayers are with all the families effected !

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    I hope he checks in soon. The Bowling Green area got hit hard.
    Ches might not have power, cell or internet so he can check in. I know we will worry until he does.

I was sad to hear that one of my favorite authors, Anne Rice, died yesterday. I love her books and will treasure the ones I have.

WD, I was skimming over the online headlines, and saw it reported that your area has a bad outbreak of CWD among the deer.
    Is that true? If it is, that's pretty scary. Be careful.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    I hope he checks in soon. The Bowling Green area got hit hard.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.