No announcement yet.

Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We do it know for decades. It was a political decision but the majority of the people never wanted it. We have a decision at the Level of the EU Parliament to abandon that procedure two years but the states can't agree on what fixed time to go for all states in the EU. Summertime or Wintertime.

I vote for regular time and that is what is our Wintertime.

Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
    Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
    Show me, and I will understand.
    Involve me, and I will learn.”
    Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.
    Living one day at a time,
    Enjoying one moment at a time,
    Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
    (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• This year, most of the continental US changes back to standard time on Nov 7. Arizona doesn't go on daylight savings time. Normally, AZ is in the mountain time zone. But when we switch to daylight savings time, they in essence move to the pacific time zone.

However, the Navajo Nation changes to daylight savings time. So, the northeastern corner of Arizona goes on daylight savings time. The Hopi rez, inside the boundaries of the Navajo rez, doesn't observe daylight savings time and follows Arizona. Your phone bounces around wildly near the NM or rez borders, depending on what cell tower you pick up.

We really should quit this. "Spring ahead" causes an increase in heart attacks, car wrecks and workplace accidents. But powerful lobbying organizations support it. Apparently Americans use that extra hour of daylight at the end of the day to go shopping. When we switched from 6 to 7 months of daylight savings time in 1986, the golf lobby testified that the increase in DST would result in another $2E8 in greens fees. The home BBQ industry expected another $1e8 in grill, charcoal and accessory sales. Then the candy lobby pressed for the increase from 7 to 8 months, so Halloween would be covered, allowing an extra hour of daylight for families with young children to collect more candy.

https://qz.com/1120488/daylight-savi...s-not-farmers/

Does anyone remember when we shifted to DST for eight months during the OPEC oil crisis in 1974? I remember walking to school in the dark. (Yes, it was uphill both ways.) We supposed to save energy, but every outside light was on.

Comment

• There is not much saving of energy. We only shift the time axis in energy consumption one hour in either direction depending if we go one hour forward or backward. That's all.

We should stop this nonsense at once. I hardly understand why the decision of the parliament is not carried out.
        Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
        Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• And as that one ndn said " Only the white man thinks you can cut a foot off one end of the blanket and sew it on the other end , and it will make the blanket longer !"
          I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
          It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Oh, I thought the idea is you only need to draw on the blanket and it will cover you.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Oklahoma is calling , I may not be around for a few ! Everyone stay safe and healthy ! shhhhhh.....don't tell anyone !
              I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
              It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Have a safe trip.

Comment

• Stay safe.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Safe travels, WD.

We have had a wild 48 hours weather wise. we've been under gale warnings and flood warnings. The flood warnings because the wind is coming in off the ocean (from the north east), and pushing all the rivers inland, and in some cases over their banks. Not to mention the 3-5 inches of rain that's fallen. There's a low pressure system that has spun up off the coast, and it's giving us the strong winds. It's blown 3 sailboats into the Bridge of Lions, and 1 into the sea wall on the bayfront in St. Augustine. Fortunately, nobody was hurt and only one of the boats was occupied. Apparently, these boat owners need to learn how to tie their boats down better.
                    Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• May be they learn now.

Rain, wind and cold. No storm but there are falling branches of the trees. Not so good if you are parking your car under there.
                      It is autumn I have heard..

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• A couple days ago, there was frost on the roofs, but the air temp was well above freezing. There was a hard freeze warning for the counties to the east of us. My neighbors covered the planters on their porch. Jet was hiding under them and pouncing on blowing leaves like a kitten. First day with blowing leaves and he forgets his gray hair, lol.

I bought him a new heated cat shelter. I figured he might use one if it didn't smell like the opossum, that took a liking to it last winter, or Blondie, a neighbor's cat. It is washable, has insulated walls, and a heated pad -- deluxe. Yesterday, I set it up next to his dish. He reacted like I had placed a baited cat trap on the porch. He went across the street to share a breakfast burrito with Dave the contractor, and let Blondie, Picasso, Libby, and The Nun -- aka the Meow Mob -- eat his cat food.

All the cats are confused by the time change. The Meow Mob must have come to the door at 6am CDT, because when I filled Jet's bowl at 6am CST, I didn't have four cats -- that I don't own -- swarming into the living room when I opened the front door.
                        Last edited by OLChemist; 11-08-2021, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Chuy, semmelknoedel with mushroom sauce.

Comment

• Semmelknödel no problem, we have enough for you. Mushroom sauce alright but what mushrooms do you want?

You better ask for those which I can get at the shop. Please don't send me to collect mushrooms by myself. I might collect the wrong ones. Well at least I will not pick up Fliegenpilz but else I don't trust me.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Cremini, please.

Comment

• Chuy, can you do something in a cat friendly breakfast burrito -- maybe tuna, mouse and egg, lol.

Jet is sitting on the tailgate of Dave's truck sharing another breakfast burrito. He pushed his dish over to the other side of the porch, away from the cat house of horrors. But, Purina One must pale in comparison to chorizo and egg with extra cheese and jalapenos.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.