Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wardancer
    replied
    Well , aggravating ! LOL Opening morning pre-dawn 2 huge bucks and a button buck walked right by me in the dark ! Too dark to see through a scope. then nothing moving till this morning and a nice doe came in on my blind side and I didn't see her till she was walking into the woods ! Too hot the first 4 days but cooling off now and they'll start moving later in the morning ! Everyone stay safe !

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    How about a hot chocolate?

We have rain, rain and about 50°F

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Surprise me this morning, Chuy. Anything but Cream o' Wheat or Grapenuts in hot milk. (My mom's winter morning breakfasts of choice.)

It's 68F this morning and is headed toward 78F this afternoon. Tomorrow will be nice, until late afternoon. We have a front coming through. Monday is going to be 55F and cloudy :(

How's folks? Any luck on the venison front, WD?

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    More rain at about 50sF. No wish to go outside if not necessary.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    We're in the low to mid 70'sF for the rest of the week. Still getting chilly at night.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    rain, rain, rain and barley above zero. Bad weather for old bones.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Originally posted by subeeds View Post

Doesn't that attract varmints, though? It would here, including all the feral cats that wander into the yard and want to fight with Princess Diva, not to mention wood rats, possums, coons and who knows what else.

Cold here in the mornings, and mild in the afternoons. Works for me. WD, let me know when that venison comes in, and I'll see if I can catch up with Rose. LOL!
    I don't know ! I go out the next day to check and the plate is there and no food ! I'm just going to assume that the ancestors enjoyed the meal and leave it at that !

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Froze over night. The hedge is white on the top. No snow. Birds peck fodder in the birdhouse.

Even the large ones try, doves, magpies, raven and crows besides sparrows, and all variants of titmice.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by wardancer View Post
    Well , opening day is next Wednesday and it will all depend on Creator ! Remember to thank our ancestors as well as our families tomorrow. We Cheyennes always put a little of everything on a plate and set it out on the west side of the house just for them. We have a house full tomorrow."G" is here from Cali with his family and our daughter and her family will be here too. I hope everyone has a wonderful day !
    Doesn't that attract varmints, though? It would here, including all the feral cats that wander into the yard and want to fight with Princess Diva, not to mention wood rats, possums, coons and who knows what else.

Cold here in the mornings, and mild in the afternoons. Works for me. WD, let me know when that venison comes in, and I'll see if I can catch up with Rose. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Watch out for snow on the travel. We have rain but in the Eifel there is snow. According to the news more snow than ever in the last 30 years in November.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Originally posted by wardancer View Post
    "G" is here from Cali with his family...
    *Rose packs her propane rig, some sheet silver and gallery wire. She's going to sneak in and get the road to an anvil started.*

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    WD, I'll be by for some of that venison when you get to cooking :)
    fingers crossed
    Last edited by wardancer; 11-24-2021, 11:21 PM. Reason: well , I was hoping the smilies worked ! LOL

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Well , opening day is next Wednesday and it will all depend on Creator ! Remember to thank our ancestors as well as our families tomorrow. We Cheyennes always put a little of everything on a plate and set it out on the west side of the house just for them. We have a house full tomorrow."G" is here from Cali with his family and our daughter and her family will be here too. I hope everyone has a wonderful day !

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    WD, I'll be by for some of that venison when you get to cooking :)

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Well, I went over and picked up my Creole smoked turkey breast and sides.

I got it from a super fancy/super expensive restaurant that started doing curbside pickup family meals that were affordable and very popular. The chef/owner started doing this because he wanted to keep his staff employed during the shutdown. The meals were enormously popular. It gave people who couldn't/wouldn't normal eat at a place like that a chance to get to eat "there." (For the first couple months they also sold meat, fish and produce that they had already contracted for.) The place was doing so much take out business that they kept the family meals even after the restaurant was allowed to open for inside service.

There must have been 50 cars in line to pick up a meal tonight. This was separate from the pickup line for their full, fancy (read expensive) take home turkey dinners.

I kind of miss my annual game of when will my turkey thaw. I swear, I could put a frozen bird in the fridge to thaw on Halloween and it would still be mostly frozen when I put it in the brine on the night before Thanksgiving. I miss the mental stimulation of trying to figure out how I'm going top get the bag of nasty bits and neck out of the ball of ice in the body cavity, lol.

I'm going to make a no bake pumpkin "cheese cake". But, i think I'm going to wait until Sunday. I usually have pumpkin pie for my birthday. If I make it tonight, it won't last long enough.
    Last edited by OLChemist; 11-24-2021, 11:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.