Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wardancer
    replied
    Oklahoma is calling , I may not be around for a few ! Everyone stay safe and healthy ! shhhhhh.....don't tell anyone !

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Oh, I thought the idea is you only need to draw on the blanket and it will cover you.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    And as that one ndn said " Only the white man thinks you can cut a foot off one end of the blanket and sew it on the other end , and it will make the blanket longer !"

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    There is not much saving of energy. We only shift the time axis in energy consumption one hour in either direction depending if we go one hour forward or backward. That's all.

We should stop this nonsense at once. I hardly understand why the decision of the parliament is not carried out.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    This year, most of the continental US changes back to standard time on Nov 7. Arizona doesn't go on daylight savings time. Normally, AZ is in the mountain time zone. But when we switch to daylight savings time, they in essence move to the pacific time zone.

However, the Navajo Nation changes to daylight savings time. So, the northeastern corner of Arizona goes on daylight savings time. The Hopi rez, inside the boundaries of the Navajo rez, doesn't observe daylight savings time and follows Arizona. Your phone bounces around wildly near the NM or rez borders, depending on what cell tower you pick up.

We really should quit this. "Spring ahead" causes an increase in heart attacks, car wrecks and workplace accidents. But powerful lobbying organizations support it. Apparently Americans use that extra hour of daylight at the end of the day to go shopping. When we switched from 6 to 7 months of daylight savings time in 1986, the golf lobby testified that the increase in DST would result in another $2E8 in greens fees. The home BBQ industry expected another $1e8 in grill, charcoal and accessory sales. Then the candy lobby pressed for the increase from 7 to 8 months, so Halloween would be covered, allowing an extra hour of daylight for families with young children to collect more candy.

https://qz.com/1120488/daylight-savi...s-not-farmers/

Does anyone remember when we shifted to DST for eight months during the OPEC oil crisis in 1974? I remember walking to school in the dark. (Yes, it was uphill both ways.) We supposed to save energy, but every outside light was on.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    We do it know for decades. It was a political decision but the majority of the people never wanted it. We have a decision at the Level of the EU Parliament to abandon that procedure two years but the states can't agree on what fixed time to go for all states in the EU. Summertime or Wintertime.

I vote for regular time and that is what is our Wintertime.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by Broken Arrow View Post
    Nice socks. For Santa Claus to fill.

For OLC hot tea and lemon is at hand. Sugar you can have a pound or two. Hibiscus tea is out of stock.

It is getting colder and it is dark when I get up and go to work and it is already early dark. Setting the clock one hour back doesn't help really. We had enough rain. The way to the grave is muddy and slippery.
    I didn't know you guys set your time back, too. We do it here in a week or two. It annoys me to no end. I wish we would stop.

I didn't realize how hooked I became on needlework while I was working on those stockings. Thank goodness they were a kit. No way could I design all that, then make it. I have designed a few small felt ornaments I think I will do for the tree. Ok, I have to confess, I think I see a future filled with sequins for me and felt. LOL! (Still no smilies.)

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Nice socks. For Santa Claus to fill.

For OLC hot tea and lemon is at hand. Sugar you can have a pound or two. Hibiscus tea is out of stock.

It is getting colder and it is dark when I get up and go to work and it is already early dark. Setting the clock one hour back doesn't help really. We had enough rain. The way to the grave is muddy and slippery.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Those are cool stockings !

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Lovely!

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    Since I could only post 3 photos at a time, here are the 2 I did last year for my son, and baby grandson.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    I am finally done with the Cmas. stockings for everybody. I'll have to do one next year, but that will be fun, too. Here they are. The first one is for my 9 year old granddaughter, the 2nd one for my daughter in law, the 3rd one is for my oldest grandson.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Chuy, some hot tea with loads of lemon and a dash of sugar, or some hibiscus tea with a dash of sugar.

I left the AC on in my studio on Weds. It was 44F this morning. My bits froze off in there. The heat pump takes forever to warm the place up. I was about to snuggle up with my torch before coming in to let it warm up. Well, in a couple hours it should be nice and toasty in there.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Since tonight is the annual pumpkin sacrifice, a recipe for the pumpkin seeds.

Wash 2 c of pumpkin seeds to remove any strings or pulp. (The easiest way I have found is to wash in a large bowl with lots of water, rubbing the seeds between your palms. The heavy pumpkin guts will sink and the seeds float.) Let drain in a colander.

In a bowl mix:

2 Tbsp neutral cooking oil;
    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce;
    1/8 - 1/4 tsp Crystal hot sauce;
    1/2 tsp salt;
    1 tsp sugar;
    1/2 tsp paprika;
    1/4 tsp cumin;
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper.

Add pumpkin seeds and stir to mix.

Line a large rimmed sheet with parchment paper. Spread the pumpkin seeds into a thin layer. Bake 250F, until lightly browned, 45-50mins. Stir every 10-15 mins.

Cool and store in air tight container.
    Last edited by OLChemist; 10-30-2021, 11:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by wardancer View Post
    Rain , rain , rain ! And cooler ! Jacket weather Fall is upon us ! A good day to stay in , drink coffee , and enjoy a good book !
    That was us on Thursday. I was thinking we might need to build an ark. LOL! We are having chilly mornings, and pleasant afternoons. I found out that I've got another grandbaby on the way. A little girl due sometime in mid March. :) Living in the boonies like we do, we have never had trick or treaters come around. We would take Jonathan into town when he was young and go around there. Since it's a small town, we knew everybody wherever we went. It was nice. I miss those days.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.