• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    subeeds
    small bead addict

• subeeds
    replied
    Nice to see the forums back up, but dang, I've tried to hit the like button a few times and it's still gone. LOL! Not much new here. Feel like temps were in the triple digits until yesterday, now it's cooled down some. It finally quit raining on a daily basis. Princess Diva is delighted about that.

OLC, hope you get to feeling better soon. It's nice seeing everybody again.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    Pow Wow Committee

• OLChemist
    replied
    I just got a text from a colleague who's at the farmers' and artists' market in Las Cruces. I'm so jealous. I told him to go inhale some fumes/smoke from the chili roasters in grocery store parking lots and to buy some pinion nuts from the back of a sketchy looking pickup parked along the side of the road. Late summer, early fall in NM. I'm so jealous.

I just wandered off during my post to order some pinion nuts.

Goulash the Native way:

Bison goulash
    OLChemist
    Pow Wow Committee
    Last edited by OLChemist; 09-04-2021, 03:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    Signal Corps

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    The like button should come back. It is urgently needed.

A house for the torch, ahuuh.

I can only offer fast soup for dinner. We are in a hurry. But it may be Hungarian goulash else Chicken rice pot. All soup with buns.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    Pow Wow Committee

• OLChemist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    Pow Wow Committee

• OLChemist
    replied
    Chuy, carne adovada, quelites and sopillas with honey, please. On second thought, today is a mutton ribs and fry bread day.

Originally posted by gilisi View Post
    Wifey just said all she knows is that it was for beginners, learning how to cut and polish.
    *Rose sneaks over with a roll of gallery wire, a few inches of crazy-8 wire, some 22 ga sterling sheet, solder and a plumber's torch. "You wrap the gallery wire around the girdle of the stone. Cut it just past the overlap point.... Yes, put the pallion of solder right there."*

Once you have all those pretty stones, you need to set them. This way lies the bench pin and saw. After a couple decades you're building a house for your torch.

Leave a comment:

• gilisi
    Pow Wow Committee

• gilisi
    replied
    Hope all is well for everyone.

Glad Pws is back up and semi functional.

Funny story: Took my uncle out to breakfast at a diner and the servers name was Chuy!

Leave a comment:

• gilisi
    Pow Wow Committee

• gilisi
    replied
    Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    Hey G, what kind of lapidary class?

You know where cutting cabs leads? It all starts with a pretty stone, a creme brûlée torch and a little silver. Next thing you know, you have acetylene tanks in the garage, Sparex simmering in your crockpot, and a hernia from moving her anvil.
    Sorry took so long! Wifey just said all she knows is that it was for beginners, learning how to cut and polish.

Hope all is well with you!

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    Signal Corps

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    LOL, you are not alone missing the like button.

I just try to get the picture out of my head OLC with BNC and USB cables around her neck in a meeting.

Oh, I have chocolate for you; the M&M's. They are on the invitation list as party participants.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    Me & Eyes are the best !

• wardancer
    replied
    I already miss the like button !

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    Pow Wow Committee

• OLChemist
    replied
    Originally posted by wardancer View Post
    mac ? Mac and cheese ? Lol
    pythons are big azz snakes and i don't like snakes !
    If you play in raspberry pie you'll have reddish purplish fingers !
    lmao

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    Pow Wow Committee

• OLChemist
    replied
    Chuy, something in chocolate, please. And a shopping bag to put over my head.

I am currently having to use a cane with my hips. Thus carrying things back and forth between the electronics area in my office and the optics lab has been tricky. This week, I've been going back a forth a lot with various bits and bobs. To free my hand for the cane, I've been draping cables around my neck.

I just got called into a last minute Zoom meeting with a customer. Sad to say I was 15 minutes in, before I realized I was still wearing a nerd neck tie made of three BNC cables with tees, a USB cable, two oscilloscope probes, and an antique null modem cable.

As always, I'm ever the fashion plate, lol.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    Me & Eyes are the best !

• wardancer
    replied
    Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    LOL. I prefer Apple too. I already have this mostly running on a mac, LOL. But the powers that be want me to play with the cool kids and their Raspberry Pi's. So, I have to learn Python and Circuit Python and do this again.
    mac ? Mac and cheese ? LOL
    Pythons are big azz snakes and I don't like snakes !
    If you play in raspberry pie you'll have reddish purplish fingers !

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    Signal Corps

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Tuesday, good guess.

LOL.

The twice measuring if it is not ready wired like in the 80515, f... s... That will take time because it has to be thought about how to do it and get stable precision and to relaize the comparison voltages.

I bet Tuesday delivery is more probable than doing it until Tuesday myself or yourself. And you have more recent practical training than I have. I have become a paper pusher and theorist. Oh and I may be great administrative officer. My archives floor was flooded. Only three years of duplicate final certificates are ruined. (Somewhere between 3000 to 4500)

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    Pow Wow Committee

• OLChemist
    replied
    Tuesday

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5ihsG301xpc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    Pow Wow Committee

• OLChemist
    replied
    Thanks BA. Sounds like a lot of work:) Too much work for me. I'd have to order the parts and probably send them out to a company to mount them on DIP breakouts, since we're not equipped to deal with surface mount parts. Ordering electronics components right now is fraught. We're having all kinds of shortages and delays due to supply chain issues and labor shortages.

I have returned most of the boards with the counterfeit chips, and have ordered from a vendor who is aware of the problem and says their boards have 16 bit chips. I can do my initial setup and coding with the 12bit. The 16-bit boards will be here Tues.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.