Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
    Now I told the story , now I want breakfast ! 2 of my usual and coffee !
    Coffee, here it comes.

Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
    Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
    Show me, and I will understand.
    Involve me, and I will learn.”
    Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.
    Living one day at a time,
    Enjoying one moment at a time,
    Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
    (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

Originally posted by subeeds View Post
      OLC, found that chem lab snake yet? You do realize that being a snake, he can pretty much go where he wants, right? All he has to do is fit his head through and the rest of him will follow.
      Not yet. When I come in before 1st shift, I run into the maintenance guy scouting 'round my office with a flashlight. I was on vacation part of this week. But, I have to move back to my office on Monday. :(

I know he can go anywhere he wants. My office is snake heaven. After the flood, I lost my concentrate storage rooms. Now, my office is piled with boxes and bins filled with 200-300 lbs of plastic pellets in 1/2 lb lots. During Covid, I wasn't in the building to defend my remaining storage areas. Folks moved lab and safety supplies from storage into my office. I have floor to ceiling boxes in places. There are hundreds of little nooks and crannies. (I sit and work in one of the larger ones.) I'm not sticking my hands or feet anywhere I can't see.

Comment

@WD, you're so right, Mother Nature can be harsh. I feel bad mama cat. Something is thinning out our neighbors cats. They are down to about 30 or so now-from about 50. I like cats, but that's way tooooo many. Those seem to be reproducing like rabbits.

Elsa didn't let it go quietly around here. On her way up north, she gifted this area with two EF2 tornadoes. They stayed a couple of miles east of us, fortunately. One started down in Jacksonville, and traveled up here, and on up to Brunswick. The other one, started in the south end of the county, hit the Navy base, got close enough to us to make my ears pop, then left. Here's a news clip of what happened on base. If you watch it, about 58 seconds in, look in the lake to the right of the upside down RV. You will see a gator just cruising by like he has an RV in his lake every day. I don't even think the reporter noticed it. LOL!
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oczOIwVMIhs
        Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

Chuy, I'll take a bowl of blue corn meal mush topped with carne adovada and an egg. Oh, and a small mouse for my reptilian officemate.

How's folks? Anyone do anything interesting this weekend?

I had a singularly unproductive time in the studio. I needed to cut out a backing plate, from sheet sterling, for an overlay piece I'm making. I scan my sketches and use sticker stock to transfer the design to the metal. In my sketch, I made one of the gem stone settings too small -- actually much too small. Somehow, I missed this when I fabricated all the parts and the bezels. So, when I used the pattern for the back plate, I cut out the sheet without enough metal to go under the bezel. Grrr.

At $26 /toz -- closer the $34.50 / toz with fabrication charges -- this was a costly mistake. But OK, these things happen. This is what scrap reprocessing is for. I carefully enlarge the bezel area in the back plate on the second copy of the back plate I have on my sheet of homemade stickers. Totally missing that the edge of this copy must have been outside the print area and a small portion was cut off. Cut this one out and now three parts of the design are overhanging the backing plate. Grrr!!!!!!!!!! *Insert the sounds of Rose throwing heavy objects in her studio.*

At that point, I had scraped about $125 worth of sterling. I was out of 22 ga sheet. Every fix I could come up with involved ugly patches, or significant redesign and scraping several already fabricated pieces. That was when I unplugged everything, turned off the gas and retreated to my house. Now I'm staring at the silver spots for the day and Rio's website and debating ordering a 6" x 6" sheet of 22 ga for $155. I need to take a break in the land of beadwork, where most mistakes can be fixed with scissors and time, LOL.

Comment

Chuy said "Muerto o vivo?"

He sounds like a gang member.

Hope errybody is doing good. 2 of our boys just had birthdays. JJ turned 6 and Bear turned 15. Good times. I'm building a room in the garage for Indio, our college student. Got the frame up and done, but it's been 100 degrees lately so that's on hold for a bit.

I'm waiting on our new contract at work to see when we can take the fam back out to powwow land.

Asking for prayers for my co-worker. She's my best fren from work. Her name is Irene. Good mom and wife. She got hit with COVID back in May and is now dependent on a wheelchair for longer distances and Oxygen as needed.

Other than that we are all right!

Good to be back here at Tashunka Luta!

I just told Chuy to shave. He looks like a bum.
            When you are dead you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

"Show me somethin"

Comment

Originally posted by gilisi View Post

Asking for prayers for my co-worker. She's my best fren from work. Her name is Irene. Good mom and wife. She got hit with COVID back in May and is now dependent on a wheelchair for longer distances and Oxygen as needed.

Other than that we are all right!

Good to be back here at Tashunka Luta!
              Was to the Abbey again today. Candles and prayers. Somehow for no particular reason I had the feeling I have to go.
              Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
              Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by gilisi View Post

I just told Chuy to shave. He looks like a bum.
                Chuy is a bum ! You knew that when you hired him !
                I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                  Chuy is a bum ! You knew that when you hired him !
                  But he is a good cook!

He just gets salty and runs his mouth alot, then I be like: "Shut up Jesus!"

When you are dead you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

"Show me somethin"

Comment

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Chuy, mutton and dumpling stew, corn on the cob, frybread and a cup of blue corn meal mush.

Hey G! Long time no see. How's life?

Comment

I'll see what we have of what you request.

The cellar has been flooded due to rain, rain, rain for days.

You may think about a canoe to come or you may be ask turtle to carry you to the cafe.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
                          Chuy, mutton and dumpling stew, corn on the cob, frybread and a cup of blue corn meal mush.

Hey G! Long time no see. How's life?
                          Been good, thanks for asking. =)
                          kids having birthdays, work going good. Everyone happy and healthy out here thanks to Creator.
                          We are still waiting for some dances to happen out here. That's been frustrating.

Hope you, your fam, and Jet are doing well.

My wife just told me she wants to take a lapidary class and it reminded me of you.

"Show me somethin"

Comment

Hey, BA. Please check in. The maps I'm seeing are showing flooding as far north as Remscheid. I pray all the flooding was confined to the south of you.

BBC -- Floods in Germany and Belgium
                            Last edited by OLChemist; 07-15-2021, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Yes , I was wondering about the floods today ! It would be good to hear from BA ! He is in my prayers ! "G" , always in jail ! LOL

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Hey G, what kind of lapidary class?

You know where cutting cabs leads? It all starts with a pretty stone, a creme brûlée torch and a little silver. Next thing you know, you have acetylene tanks in the garage, Sparex simmering in your crockpot, and a hernia from moving her anvil.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.