No announcement yet.

Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee and a giant cinnamon roll warmed w/ butter on top ! Yummmm Feeling my age this morning ! Not used to this extra work ! It's well worth the effort , just hurts more now than it used too ! Going to take today off , the our daughter and grand-daughter want to hunt with me Saturday and Sunday ! If Creator decides to let us get 2 more , then we'll get 2 more ! If not we have 16 days in January !
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Rose , why do you smell like hand sanitizer ?

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• After having the warmest Nov. in 100 years ,this area is on target to have one of the warmest Decembers, too. It's supposed to be in the low 80s tomorrow, and only go as low as 65 tonight. At some point we have to have a freeze just to kill off the mosquitoes. LOL!
        Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• We were in the mid 80's yesterday. It was 78F when I went to bed. It's 44F this morning.

Our mosquitoes hide in the storm sewers and manage to ride out the first several freezes.

Comment

• Over here the mosquitoes hide in the watering can's. On watering the room plant, the mosquitoes swarmed out of the watering can.

We have about 40°F combined with rain. The gutters are constantly wet. I would be glad if we had three or four dry day to clean the gutters of the fallen leaves. Else I get showered and it smells like dead rotting fish.
            Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
            Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
            Show me, and I will understand.
            Involve me, and I will learn.”
            Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
            Courage to change the things I can,
            And wisdom to know the difference.
            Living one day at a time,
            Enjoying one moment at a time,
            Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
            (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• In Texas we call a still body of water the mosquito delivery room.

Comment

• Oh weh, than we have a lot of mosquito deliver rooms through quarry ponds, long drying rain paddles, not really dried swampland and so on.

Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
                Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Ches, please check in after the tornados last night. Let us know ya'll are OK.

Comment

• Wow, this is one seriously weird way of displaying a dress yoke.

https://collections.gilcrease.org/object/841828

Comment

• Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
                      Ches, please check in after the tornados last night. Let us know ya'll are OK.
                      I pray that Ches is OK. His home town has been hit severely.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

Wow, this is one seriously weird way of displaying a dress yoke.

https://collections.gilcrease.org/object/841828
                        That is weird. Kinda creeps me out for some reason, too.

I hope Ches checks in soon. Bowling Green got hammered, not as bad as Mayfield, but still really bad. I was watching all that unfold in The Weather Channel while I was at work, and I follow a couple of storm chasers on FB. Really scary stuff. At least with hurricanes, we have plenty of advance warning.

Comment

• I hope he checks in soon. The Bowling Green area got hit hard.

Comment

I hope he checks in soon. The Bowling Green area got hit hard.
                            Ches might not have power, cell or internet so he can check in. I know we will worry until he does.

I was sad to hear that one of my favorite authors, Anne Rice, died yesterday. I love her books and will treasure the ones I have.

WD, I was skimming over the online headlines, and saw it reported that your area has a bad outbreak of CWD among the deer.
                            Is that true? If it is, that's pretty scary. Be careful.

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post

Ches might not have power, cell or internet so he can check in. I know we will worry until he does.

I was sad to hear that one of my favorite authors, Anne Rice, died yesterday. I love her books and will treasure the ones I have.

WD, I was skimming over the online headlines, and saw it reported that your area has a bad outbreak of CWD among the deer.
                              Is that true? If it is, that's pretty scary. Be careful.
                              No CWD in our area ! I haven't seen any sick deer ! Daughter and grand-daughter came up saturday , well they started up friday night and hit a button buck with her car ! Nobody hurt , killed the deer , car injured , so they loaded up the deer and went back home , then drove up saturday and we killed a big doe saturday night , right before dark. Plenty of venison for the upcoming year ! And I still have 2 tags I can use in January ! Creator blessed us with a wonderful deer season ! Covid is still wreaking havoc around here ! We lost 3 very dear friends this week and I saw that another friend in Oklahoma just left us as well. Larry Sellers from Dr.Quinn Medicine Woman , went on his next journey . Sad And now this crazy weather creating misery in 4 states in one night ! My prayers are with all the families effected !

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your friends WD. I read about Larry Sellers, too. Covid has taken far too many. Glad CWD isn't bad where you are. The weather is warming up here again. The same system that tore up Ky., brought us some cooler temps, but they are headed back up. It's supposed to be in the low 80s by the weekend. I hope Ches is ok. I'm glad your daughter wasn't hurt when she hit the deer. Been there and done that. I had one try and jump over the car, tripped, and fell into a 15ft. ditch. I stopped and the kiddo and I got out. About that time, Animal Control drove by. Our kids went to school together, so we knew each other and she stopped. She looked in the ditch and commented that it was a nursing doe and she was dead. So she and my son took off across the road, into the marshy swamp to see if they could find the fawn. About 15 minutes went by, and a cop stopped. Small town living and all that, knew him, too. He asked if the car was drivable, and I told him yes, I was just waiting on them to get out of the swamp. By this time, I was freaking out imagining one of them getting bitten by a cottonmouth. So the cop got on his PA and told them I was getting worried and to get their a**es out of the swamp. A couple of minutes later, here they came. Loaded a rather muddy kid up and went home. If the doe hadn't of gone into the ditch and broken her neck I think she would have survived. The only damage done to the car was where she had kicked the seam between the front passenger door and the front fender. Hubby was able to pound that out. Animal control took the deer home so at least the meat didn't go to waste.
                                Last edited by subeeds; 12-14-2021, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.