Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subeeds
    replied
    Since I could only post 3 photos at a time, here are the 2 I did last year for my son, and baby grandson.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    I am finally done with the Cmas. stockings for everybody. I'll have to do one next year, but that will be fun, too. Here they are. The first one is for my 9 year old granddaughter, the 2nd one for my daughter in law, the 3rd one is for my oldest grandson.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Chuy, some hot tea with loads of lemon and a dash of sugar, or some hibiscus tea with a dash of sugar.

I left the AC on in my studio on Weds. It was 44F this morning. My bits froze off in there. The heat pump takes forever to warm the place up. I was about to snuggle up with my torch before coming in to let it warm up. Well, in a couple hours it should be nice and toasty in there.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Since tonight is the annual pumpkin sacrifice, a recipe for the pumpkin seeds.

Wash 2 c of pumpkin seeds to remove any strings or pulp. (The easiest way I have found is to wash in a large bowl with lots of water, rubbing the seeds between your palms. The heavy pumpkin guts will sink and the seeds float.) Let drain in a colander.

In a bowl mix:

2 Tbsp neutral cooking oil;
    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce;
    1/8 - 1/4 tsp Crystal hot sauce;
    1/2 tsp salt;
    1 tsp sugar;
    1/2 tsp paprika;
    1/4 tsp cumin;
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper.

Add pumpkin seeds and stir to mix.

Line a large rimmed sheet with parchment paper. Spread the pumpkin seeds into a thin layer. Bake 250F, until lightly browned, 45-50mins. Stir every 10-15 mins.

Cool and store in air tight container.
    Last edited by OLChemist; 10-30-2021, 11:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by wardancer View Post
    Rain , rain , rain ! And cooler ! Jacket weather Fall is upon us ! A good day to stay in , drink coffee , and enjoy a good book !
    That was us on Thursday. I was thinking we might need to build an ark. LOL! We are having chilly mornings, and pleasant afternoons. I found out that I've got another grandbaby on the way. A little girl due sometime in mid March. :) Living in the boonies like we do, we have never had trick or treaters come around. We would take Jonathan into town when he was young and go around there. Since it's a small town, we knew everybody wherever we went. It was nice. I miss those days.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Rain , rain , rain ! And cooler ! Jacket weather Fall is upon us ! A good day to stay in , drink coffee , and enjoy a good book !

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Hi Ches. Long time no see.

Leave a comment:

• ches
    replied
    Daughter went in the family room where I am cleaning up the house and getting rid of all the junk. She said, “the room looks smaller than when I was a kid.”

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Sigh, we can't have only the best from all times at the same time.But it is upon us to do as best as possible.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    No celebration is what it was when we were children. Time moves on. But most of all our eyes and hearts get old.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Than you expect him to join soon?

St Martin's day isn't what it once was. And with Corona last year and the unknown of this year that might damage again.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    All of my two doors down neighbor's cats are lined up staring through the TV room window. I think their owner is sleeping in and they're hungry. Jet hasn't joined the fray yet.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    St Martin's Day is not a big holiday in the States. Being a Protestant majority country few Saint's day holidays have gone mainstream. Pretty much the only vestiges you'll find are church services, the occasional recipe for Martin's goose and the pastries for sale in Polish bakeries.

Hey do you folks make marcinki? Sorry, I only know the Polish name. For the uninitiated, they are a crescent shaped pastry filled with a poppy seed, almond and raisin filling, with a vanilla glaze. Our next door neighbor made them. But unlike her pierogis, I never learned to make them.

Eat some goose, dumplings and red cabbage for us.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8609.jpg?fit=1200%2C800&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	3930664
    Last edited by OLChemist; 10-24-2021, 09:51 AM. Reason: Added picture

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    St Martin's day was it in my youth until Halloween has taken it's toll.
    The lantern making and the St. Martin procession with bands playing and the children singing.
    And the candy bag.

It is a very long time ago.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    When I was a kid, Halloween was one of the top holidays. A lot of it was the costumes. Some of it was roaming around at night. Some of it was candy. Some of it was that everyone in the neighborhood participated.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.