X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuy, some nopales and eggs, please.

How's everyone?

Comment

• It's raining , it's snowing , the cold wind is blowing ! How can this be , we saw poor Robin hopping around the yard 2 days ago !

Chuy , some chorizo and eggs. And coffee !
      I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
      It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Well coffe all you want. Hot. If you wish, milk and sugar, it is on the table.

The doves try to fit into the bird house to catch the food. The fat one does not fit in but tries and tries.
        A Jaybird I have seen to and the squirrels. Red ones, brown ones and dark brown ones.
        Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
        Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
        Show me, and I will understand.
        Involve me, and I will learn.”
        Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
        Courage to change the things I can,
        And wisdom to know the difference.
        Living one day at a time,
        Enjoying one moment at a time,
        Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
        (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• Chuy, some cheese grits and an electric blanket.

It's 23F this morning. We're going to have a high of 35F and a low of 18F overnight. It's 60F in my office. I'm freezing.

Comment

• Hot coffee , hot cereal , hot toast......really , anything hot ! LOL The early morning temp here was 8 degrees with a feels like temp of -6.......brrrrrrrrr.......

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Was putting the electric blanket on the bed yesterday and it has quit working......ordered a new one ! They make a big difference ! Flannel sheets and an electric blanket is cozy cozy !

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Our high today is 23.........brrrrrrr

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• 44°F more or less. Snowy rain and wind bursts. feeling was wet air breezing.

Hot coffee for all. Think I need to buy a wagon load across the border.
                  Hot soup you may get too. Rice pot soup, potato soup with bock sausage, pea soup with sausage, green beans with bacon, potatoes and chicken cutlets.
                  Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
                  Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• We did creep above freezing for 4-5 hours.

Comment

• Brr, very cold. Heating blanket may help.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• 3 degrees this morning ! We'll be staying in this day , even the dogs.......

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• 18F this morning. And for those of us who endured last winter's TX electric grid problems: 70,000MW committed capacity; 4600 MW reserve capacity and 60,000MW of demand.

It's mornings like this that make me very glad to be born in the age of central heat and electric blankets. I can't imagine a morning like this in a log cabin or hide tipi. If we could just send those romantic wannabes out to the "restroom" in the aftermath a blue norther. I suspect they'd be a lot less enamored after their bits froze off.

One of my favorite movies is The Lion In Winter. In one of the early scenes, Henry II gets out of the bed of his mistress, breaks the ice off the water in the wash basin and throws it to the floor. That's how I felt this morning when I crawled out of bed, LOL.
                          Last edited by OLChemist; 01-21-2022, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• One year , I can't recall which , mid 80s sometime , my brother and I did a primitive camp at Ft. Martin Scott down in Fredericksburg. When we woke up Sunday morning it was 11 degrees and there was a fog in the low area across the field from us , with a big ol' buck standing right out in the middle of it all ! Absolutely beautiful ! We were in a 22' tipi with liners and we had a nice fire pit built inside and it was probably 50 degrees or so inside. Quite comfy actually. We had robes on the ground and cots and sleeping bags. It was a good weekend !

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• I'd do it again if I still had my tipis !

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• I am not sure if I would try again.
                                Outside we are at 41°F, almost 100% low clouds, drizzle announced.

Inside it is 70°F at least that says the thermometer but the bones say I am cold. Cold feet, cold hands, cold shoulders. Something is wrong.

Have a nice Sunday.
                                Last edited by Broken Arrow; 01-23-2022, 07:44 AM.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

• namamiinc
                                  Hello From FLorida
                                  by namamiinc
                                  I’m a new member in town` and I’m so honored to be a part of PowWow community. Hope will to get to more friends and knowledge....
                                  Yesterday, 07:14 AM
                                • OLChemist
                                  Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                  by OLChemist
                                  *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                  06-21-2021, 01:08 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X