No announcement yet.

Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, WD you're sterner stuff than I -- as I have known all along. Pre-arthritic hips and knees, I would have enjoyed it. But now I'd be frozen on the edge of my camp cot, like the Tin Man after a thunder storm. If I had to sit on the ground with my legs tucked to the right like a proper Lakota woman, it would take an act of deity to get me to my feet, LOL.

Comment

• I just had the best blackberries from Amazon Fresh. Cheap even, especially for this time of year. I'm struggling not to order 6 more cartoons for the rest of the week. Amazon makes grocery whims way too easy.

Comment

• It's raining for the first time since last year. The weeds I call a lawn are going to freak out.

Poor Jet. He was feeling peckish and came over to beg just before it started. My neighbor's cats can hear cat food hitting a bowl on the moon from inside their house while asleep.... As soon as the kibble hit the dish, they came boiling out of their cat flap and swarmed Jet's dish. He's now trapped by the rain on the porch with the riffraff. He's poised halfway down the porch steps, just shy of where the eaves end, debating a dash across the street for the neighbor's porch swing. He keeps putting a foot on the next step then pulling it back, shaking the water off his paw.

Comment

• Rain is not cat weather.

How about another cartoon of blackberries?

Just had a devils pizza but I think you or WD would fins here hellishly hot.

Pizza is (was) sometimes called Mafia Pie.
          Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
          Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
          Show me, and I will understand.
          Involve me, and I will learn.”
          Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
          Courage to change the things I can,
          And wisdom to know the difference.
          Living one day at a time,
          Enjoying one moment at a time,
          Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
          (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• Pizza, sounds so good. I haven't had one in ages.

Chuy, can you make a pepperoni pizza with a green chili crust, like the ones at Golden Crown Panaderia? If you can't manage the pizza, I'll take a grilled cheese and a cup of green chili stew, please. While you're at it a lemon empanada for dessert.

Where is Milehigh and his freezer full of elk? Elk in that green chili stew would be lovely. With chicos.

Dang, I'm hungry.

How is everyone? Anyone making anything pretty?
            Last edited by OLChemist; 01-25-2022, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Well, Golden Crown Panaderia http://goldencrown.biz/wp/?page_id=774 looks like we can order and they deliver.

We have no Elk in the freezer for the green chili stew. I am deeply sorry.
              Lemon empanada we may get https://www.laconchabakery.com/product/lemon-empanada/

OL
              Chemist how shall we loose weight when we are so much commanded by food?

Forgot, I am on a new beaded small bag but I have beaded too close to the upper edge for attaching the drawstring.
              Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
              Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• We had some beautiful burritos made with ground venison , but alas , I didn't take pics ! LOL I'm still just in a slump when it comes to crafting ! I think it's a combination of the pandemic and winter blues combined with RA fingers ! The temp dropped overnight and today my hands barely work.......this getting old really sucks !
                Hope everyone is fairing better than I !
                I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Sigh, another making me hungry.

Be happy that you are not where I am. about 40°F and all day humid air which makes the feeling of the cold worse. Dry cold air at zero isn't as bad as what we have; may be.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Around here 40 degrees F is t shirt weather ! It's been terribly cold the last few days 0F to about 25F and the wind is averaging 15 mph. It makes it miserable outside !
                    On another note , my beautiful wife sent me this , gigging me because of the many cats that have adopted me the last few years ! LOL

THE MISSION OF A CAT

Most people think that cats do nothing, are lazy and do nothing but eat and sleep...

It is not so!
                    Do you know what a cat's mission is?

All cats have the power, every day, to remove the negative energy accumulated in our body... as soon as we fall asleep, they absorb that energy. If there is more than one person in the family, and only one cat, it can accumulate an excessive amount of negativity by absorbing energy from so many people...

When they sleep, the cat's body releases the negativity it takes away from us. If we are too stressed, they may not have enough time to release all that negative energy, and so, as a result, it accumulates as fat, until they can release it. So, they get fat and you think it was the food you were feeding them... or because they don't move enough... and the truth is, they don't. It is nice to have more than one cat in the house, so that the weight is divided between them.

They also protect us during the night, so that no unwanted spirits enter our house or our room while we sleep... That's why they like to sleep in our bed. And if they think we're fine, they won't sleep with us. If there was something strange around us, they jump into our bed and protect us... If a person comes to our house, and the cats feel that that person is there to harm us or that he is bad, the cats surround us to "protect" us...

If you don't have cats, and a stray cat comes into your house and adopts it as a home, it's because you need a cat at that particular time... So the stray cat volunteered to help you. Thank the cat for choosing your home for that job. If you have other cats and can't keep the stray cat, find a place for him. The cat came for a reason unknown to us on a physical level, and in dreams you can see the reason for the appearance of the cat at that moment. There may be a debt, some karma he has to pay... "So don't freak out or frighten the cat." Well, "he" will have to come back, one way or another, to fulfill this obligation...

Cats heal us.
                    Cats are adorable creatures, and they love their owners above all else, but they have a different way of loving...

Their love is true, so don't doubt it. They are our great and true friends and above all good companions

Author unknown

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Lovely, WD.

I drove down to restaurant row for the first time in ages. Jet was working employee break area at the glass blowing school. Someone must have had something other than tofu surprise and a tall vegan latte, lol. He was being charming with a young woman, who, I think, is one of the hot shop gaffers. I wonder if she had takeout from the Nashville-style fried chicken place.

After our conversation last summer, every time I see Jet cuddling up to a woman I think of Gillis, LOL.

Comment

• We've been cold the last couple of weeks, too. Yesterday was the worst. It didn't get over 40 all day, and wind chill stayed in the 20s and low 30s. It's headed for about 22 now, only 3 more degrees to go. Down in S. Fl., they have once again issued falling iguana warnings because it's supposed to get cold down there, and once the temps get into the 40sm they are cold stunned. I think it's hilarious-especially since I'm not down there. this should be the last of the cold though, at least for this length of time. We may have a few more days here and there, but not a steady 2 weeks. It's supposed to be warming up gradually this week before it gets cold again over the weekend. It's actually supposed to hit 76. I can't wait, my feet will thaw out. The cat can't wait either. She doesn't like being cooped up in the house, but she likes the cold even less.

I've had people to train the last couple of weeks. I don't get what it it that people will work for a day or 2, then just now show back up. Whatever happened to a work ethic?
                        Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Well , Mother Nature strikes again ! 66 degrees yesterday ! On Jan 31st ! Temp is still 54 this morning and misty. It is supposed to rain a bit and the temp will continue to drop throughout the next 2 days. Snow is supposed to start tomorrow morning and continue until Thursday morning , when we should have a temp of -2 and 8-12 inches of snow ! Yay Kansas !

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Well, I can offer rain, rain, rain and somewhere in the 40 to 50.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• snow is at about 2 inches this morning with a glaze of ice under.....The main part of the heavy snow is supposed to be here this afternoon. How about a big pot of chili ?

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• We're supposed to have an ice storm overnight. I hope my power stays on. If it's out for long, I will probably have pipes in the attic rupture, despite insulation. Can you tell I'm a bit tense, lol.

That chili sounds good. What's the beast?

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.