No announcement yet.

Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So we have plenty of coffee for all the overnight watch parties ! It looked bad here for a bit and then it split and went north and south of us !
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• I hope everybody got through the latest round of storms alright. Between the start the fire season and tornado season have gotten off too, I'm a little concerned about hurricane season.

I'm doing better. I've still got the fatigue but it's not nearly as intense as it was. Now I'm just trying to find somebody who will bring internet out to the middle of the woods nowhere. I'll be checking in when I can. Everybody be safe.
      Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. I'm praying for you.

We're having weird weather too. It's highly possible that we'll hit 100F on Mother's Day. We usually don't hit 100F until July. The whole week is supposed to be in the 90's.

Comment

• Well , we've gone from late winter to summer heat ! 90+ the last 4 days ! Possible storms between tonight and Sunday sometime as a cold front rolls through ! Should knock our temps down into the 80s. Mowed the last few days 90s and sun after 2 weeks of rain makes the grass grow faster than we can mow ! Crazy ! Good for our apple and pears though , all the trees are loaded ! Hope all is well with everyone.....

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Chuy, a couple slices of nice buffalo roast with a sage and mustard sauce, some wild rice salad and some greens, please. Heck, I'd take a buffalo burger with cheddar cheese and roasted green chili, if that's all ya' got.

On Sunday Morning, they just closed out with a nature segment showing buffalo roaming around Custer State Park. Now I'm hungry, lol. Somehow, I don't think that was the effect they were trying to achieve.

How's everyone?

Comment

• Well, we have no buffalo and if it uis offered I would assume that it is faked buffalo.

https://buffaloburger.de/

Jesus, OLC, talking about food and you get me hungry. How shalle I ever loose some weight?

I feel splitted, may more than in two pieces
              and the answer to your question is depending from the point of view of the pieces.
              Something I am going to enjoy is competiton on the comming weekend.

Just completed my part of the final practical exam correction of my students. The oral part is finished too. Leaves the third part of my colleague to be corrected. I fear there will be quite a number of students who fail. Sigh.

Experience teaches me that you can write the exam beforehand one-to-one as a practice exam and a third will still fail in the real try.

We have about 86° and today some rain and thunder. For tomorrow tornado is announced; and that here.
              Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
              Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
              Show me, and I will understand.
              Involve me, and I will learn.”
              Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
              Courage to change the things I can,
              And wisdom to know the difference.
              Living one day at a time,
              Enjoying one moment at a time,
              Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
              (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• Well BA, when you get over here we'll fix you up.

You can go to Prairie Star Restaurant at the golf club at Santa Ana Pueblo. They have some nice bison potstickers and the Chef there does a lovely meal.

Or you can stop at No Bull Meats, get yourself a nice bison ribeye or an elk flank steak and hit the grill. On occasion they have bison marrow bones, which are some amazing eating. They also have soup bones to give your wohanpi a nice rich stock. My grandfather would have bought the tongue and had it boiling with onion, bay and peppercorns before I could have carried in the bags. But, with my unfortunate wasicu heritage (j/k) I don't do meats that can lick back.
                Last edited by OLChemist; 05-19-2022, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Summertime here is sandwich weather ! Eyes cooks a mean roast venison. She dolls it all up and crockpots it all day , then to a container and into the fridge. Slice it thin and we have sandwich meat for a week ! If you didn't know it was venison you would think it was the best roast beef you'd ever had ! LOL I don't know how she does it but it just melts in your mouth ! Sometimes we put steaks or burgers on the grill and sometimes she'll smoke a roast in the smoker all day......yum ! A few years back we got a nice elk roast from her sister and it was quite yummy We get some buffalo burger from the tribe from time to time and it's O.K. Hope I didn't get anyone hungry ! LOL Hope all are well !

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Sounds good. I'll be by for lunch, LOL.

Comment

• [QUOTE=OLChemist;n3932926]Chuy, a couple slices of nice buffalo roast with a sage and mustard sauce, some wild rice salad and some greens, please. Heck, I'd take a buffalo burger with cheddar cheese and roasted green chili, if that's all ya' got.

On Sunday Morning, they just closed out with a nature segment showing buffalo roaming around Custer State Park. Now I'm hungry, lol. Somehow, I don't think that was the effect they were trying to achieve.

How's everyone? I'm not crazy about elk. A few years ago a friend gave us some, about 8 pounds worth, and it took us forever to eat it. Kind of made me OD on it and I haven't wanted any since. I did the same thing with fresh spinach years ago. I was pregnant, and we had a little roadside market near us and I bought a bushel of the stuff. By the time it for cleaned frozen, and eaten, I was sick of it. LOL! That venison roast of Eyes sounds great, though.

I'm doing ok. I think the steroids are finally out of my system. I am eating and sleeping like a "regular" person now. Before I was just about eating anything that moved, when I was awake that is.

We have been close to record temps the last week and are supposed to be that hot for the next several days. We need rain, though. We haven't gotten a good rain in almost a month. It's supposed to rain this weekend, but they said the same thing last weekend and we didn't even get enough to make the cat get on the porch.

Comment

• We had the weirdest light at sunset tonight. It was kind of greyish red, not like a normal sunset reflecting on clouds. The skies were a lot like the when they turn green before a tornado. It was ominous. We've got a strong cold front going through. But, the storms are southeast of us.

You know you're old when you hurt yourself walking down the hall. I was walking to my bedroom last night and somewhere between the bathroom and my bedroom door -- about 7 ft -- I got a spasm in my back. I feel like there is a knife in my side under my left ribs. In combination with my hip arthritis, I can barely walk. I couldn't get down the steps out of my house today. It's ugly.

Comment

• Many years ago I was leaving a jobsite for lunch. I stepped off a curb and sneezed at the same time ! 5 weeks off work with a terrible back injury ! Workman's comp , PT daily , crazy but I know how it feels ! Stay safe , be careful ........

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• OL be carful, stay safe and I pray that it gets better.
                            Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
                            Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
                            Show me, and I will understand.
                            Involve me, and I will learn.”
                            Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                            Courage to change the things I can,
                            And wisdom to know the difference.
                            Living one day at a time,
                            Enjoying one moment at a time,
                            Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
                            (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• OLC, I wonder if that grayish light was caused by all the smoke from the massive fires west of you? I hope your back gets better soon. We got rain last weekend, about 5 inches of it. I was amazed at how quickly it soaked into the ground when it finally stopped. Lots of thunder and lightening, too. We're supposed to get it again this weekend, but I don't expect it to be as much.

We have something trying to get through the screen on the back porch. We suspect a possum, but whatever it is has Princess Diva all freaked out. She has moved to the front porch now, and has taken over the porch swing as her new throne and dining room. I think I've mentioned this before, but to get to our house, you have to go down a clay road to get to our dirt road. There's a stop sign at the end of the dirt road, and as I was looking to see if anything was coming, a snake track caught my eye-a very wide snake track. Hubby got out and looked at it, then got his tape measure out of the car. The track was about 3 1/2 inches wide. I don't want to see a snake that big in my yard. Scary!!

Comment

• Subs, I hadn't thought of the smoke. That's a good point. My back is finally mostly better, thanks.

That is a big snake. I wouldn't want to find it anywhere. Maybe you can sell you house and move, lol. I won't mention the snake track tho' :)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

• namamiinc
                                  Hello From FLorida
                                  by namamiinc
                                  I’m a new member in town` and I’m so honored to be a part of PowWow community. Hope will to get to more friends and knowledge....
                                  12-01-2022, 07:14 AM
                                • OLChemist
                                  Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                  by OLChemist
                                  *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                  06-21-2021, 01:08 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X