No announcement yet.

Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheesh, it looks like the Hermit and Calf Canyon fires are the result of controlled burns getting out of control. They really need to look at how and when they do controlled burns in NM.

You'd have thought they would have learned their lesson 20+ years ago after the Cerro Grande Fire -- also a controlled burn run amok -- burned into Los Alamos, LANL, and over several adjacent pueblos. The fire burned near the Manhattan Project era waste dumps and caused flooding risks the for the Los Alamos Critical Experiments Facility and the defunct Omega West reactor. There was also damage to several ancestral pueblo sites.

Comment

• It seems, we never learn from the past or may be more precise, to many forget the lessons over time with the next generation.

May have peacefull Pentecost and good, happy days.
      Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
      Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
      Show me, and I will understand.
      Involve me, and I will learn.”
      Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      Courage to change the things I can,
      And wisdom to know the difference.
      Living one day at a time,
      Enjoying one moment at a time,
      Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
      (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
        Sheesh, it looks like the Hermit and Calf Canyon fires are the result of controlled burns getting out of control. They really need to look at how and when they do controlled burns in NM.

You'd have thought they would have learned their lesson 20+ years ago after the Cerro Grande Fire -- also a controlled burn run amok -- burned into Los Alamos, LANL, and over several adjacent pueblos. The fire burned near the Manhattan Project era waste dumps and caused flooding risks the for the Los Alamos Critical Experiments Facility and the defunct Omega West reactor. There was also damage to several ancestral pueblo sites.
        Why doesn't this surprise me? I know controlled burns are necessary, but to do it in a sever drought situation is crazy. Today is the first day of hurricane season, and there's already a little something brewing in the southern Gulf. We will get a little something off of it, but not much. Like a lot of the country, we could use the rain. The folks in South Florida should probably start ark building. They could get up to a foot of rain by Monday. It might help put out the firs burning in the Everglades, though.
        Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Odd weather. In the morning about 55 in the late afternoon 79 with high humidity. Thunderstorm is announced but may be hundred miles away or not.

Looks as if we should the frocs about weather, not the weather forcaster.

The land and the crops need rain. To dry with winds
          Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
          Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• We barely got a breeze from the first named storm of the season. We did have our first wild thunderstorm yesterday afternoon. Gave us a bit of rain.

The good news is that I haven't seen the snake that belonged to that big track I saw last week. LOL!

Comment

• *Rose throws out the scary bag of shedded lettuce in the fridge, wipes the dust off the counters and straightens Chuy's gone fishing sign.*

Line up and show your numbers. How have folks been? What are folks up to?

Glad you haven't seen the big snake, Subs. I hope that means he's gone and was a bachelor. I hope you rubbed out his tracks.

We're roasting here. Sat 103F, Sun 102F and 102F forecast for today. My poor AC cycled on at 2pm and didn't turn off until after 9pm.

I couldn't get out to the studio in the afternoon of either day. With my bad hips, I have installed a couple of shower grab bars to help me on the steps. They are metal and were too hot to hold. I stayed out too long yesterday morning. I had to go back into the studio and get a bucket of water to wet down the rails to get back into the house. I need to get out there after sunset tonight to measure the circumferences of the rails. I want to see if they're the right size for those Kool Grips sleeves they use on pool ladders around here to keep kids from getting burned.

Did anyone watch the premiere of Dark Winds? It look like they are using elements of the plot from Hillerman's Listening Woman. But, boy have they changed the characters of Leaphorn and Chee.
              Last edited by OLChemist; 06-15-2022, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• *Rose wanders past the empty picnic tables and looks at the shuttered food truck.*

Anybody home?

Comment

• Well , we have to find a new cook ! Chuy got deported and it may take some time for him to get back across the border ! Until then we'll have to use the vending machines in the old cafe ! They still work , but that stuffs been in there a while ! I had a snickers but could barely chew it ! And the sodas are all flat.......ugh......this place is in sad shape !
                  I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                  It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• It's been an odd week. Woke up to a wild thunderstorm last Saturday morning, and then heard on the evening news that we had a 3.9 earthquake. The epicenter was in Columbia, S.C.. Our house shakes sometimes when the thunder is intense, so I guess we missed the quake. LOL! It's been hot as blazes the last 10 days. We've been breaking a few records. I know the South isn't alone in that.

I ran out to the store the other morning and had just pulled out of the driveway and there was a baby gator in the road. He was about a foot long. I was going to take a picture, but then realized as small as he was, mama or siblings might be lurking around. We're about 1/2 mile from the river, and it was weird seeing a gator in the road. He headed into the woods headed back in the direction of the river.

Comment

• Good morning All ! It's a good day to be indigenous ! Today is the day my G Grandfather watched our peoples beat Custer and the 7th Cav. ! He was only 10 and they wouldn't let him fight. We have many stories from that day ! A proud day for the Cheyenne peoples and others !
                      I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                      It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Yeap, 146 years since Custer got his Arrow Shirt. (Ok, I'm almost as old as that joke.)

Comment

• Tho' no one was singing victory songs that day.

Comment

• Sorry, food has becoming rare and prices are now fourfold. We can only offer what we get and we don't know what we get until it is delivered.

Crazy world in that thimes.

Don't forget the Rosebud as prelude.

Sigh. Mankind it seems does not learn or in mnay places does not learn.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.