Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Rose welcomes Chuy's replacement, Goyo.*

Could I please have a green chile cheeseburger, medium, with corn on the cob, grilled zucchini, and some watermelon. A nice Arnold Palmer too, please.

Have a good holiday weekend all! If you choose to play with fire and gunpowder, please wet your lawns down first and wear safety glasses.

Comment

• I remember my Grandfather telling stories about Custer's defeat. He called it the Battle of Greasy Grass, I believe. I met Custer's great great nephew once. He checked into a hotel where I was working, and since his last name was Custer, me, being me, just had to ask if he was related. He said he was and that G.A.C. was his great great uncle. I just kind of smiled and said my relatives were on the other side.

We can hear traffic on I95 from where we are, especially at night, and traffic in really heavy. There was a massive accident at the state line yesterday that shut the interstate down for about 12 hours while they cleared it off the road. One of the reasons I have an intense dislike for holiday travel. Be safe if you go anywhere.
      Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• I played with fire and gunpowder, well the only real powder, black powder,. All those modern inventions are just will never replace it.

We forgot to wet the lawn but fortunately, it did not start to burn. We just shot a light out which you could not shoot at directly. Well, did not matter. Shooting black powder gives enough light.

Everybody wore safety glasses, else we through them out.

It is strawberry season but the vanilla is out and new delivery is not in sight. Question is, where it is stuck en route.
        Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
        Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
        Show me, and I will understand.
        Involve me, and I will learn.”
        Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
        Courage to change the things I can,
        And wisdom to know the difference.
        Living one day at a time,
        Enjoying one moment at a time,
        Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
        (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• Happy blow stuff up day ! Everyone be safe !
          I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
          It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• It's dark. The fireworks and firecrackers have started. My poor cats are freaking out. Ishtato is hiding in the kitchen cabinet, inside my crockpot. Olivia wants held.

Comment

• Goyo, I'll take a carne adovada burrito and iced tea please.

Well, the city got about 2 mins into their big fireworks show. Then they set fire to the river bank and had to evacuate the park. Pyrotechnics and a 10+ inch rain deficit. What could go wrong.

Comment

• I am sorry, only ice cream and only vanilla, stracciatella and cream.

You need percussion ignition not fuze ignition. LOL, water isn't the friend of fuze and flint ignition.

Sounds like what could go wrong went wrong.
                Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
                Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Goyo, a tamarindo shaved ice, please.

Comment

• Well, if the grocery shop around the corner has tamarind, you get tamarindo shaved vanilla and stracciatella ice.

Cross fingers, there are five grocery shops in the nearer vincity.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• OK, maybe it just because it's before breakfast, but tamarind and chocolate does not sound good to me. I think I'll leave that mix to you :)

Goyo, speaking of breakfast.... Cheese grits, please.

How are folks? Everyone have a good holiday weekend?

Comment

• Ok Cheese you may follow to the counter and select what you wish. We have five meters of cheese display. Mostly French, Italian, Dutch, Swiss and German.

Buns or bread and if buns, what buns? There are 20 different sorts of buns.

Butter, there is a verity to choose from but I recommend the Irish butter, may be the salted one.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Cheese-I love cheese! My absolute favorite is New York Extra Sharp Cheddar, with Swiss coming in a close second.

I think we figured out how the baby gator came to be in the road. We have quite a few hawks and eagles in the area, and it's possible that one of them scooped the baby up out of the river or off the bank and was carrying it home to be lunch, and dropped it. We were fishing once at a dam in Florida, and we saw an eagle headed down river, and he scooped this enormous bass out of the water and had to fight to get airborne after he got him. He ended up dropping the fish on the other bank.

We are still doing the triple digit temperatures. I don't remember it being this hot for such a long period of time. We've gotten some rain-after the driest June on record.

I've tried watching Dark Skies, and it just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I was looking forward to it, too, after seeing the trailers for it.
                          Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Talking about food makes me always hungry.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Baby gator. There's a Happy Meal that bites back.

BA, I'll take some havarti w/dill, Shropshire blue, Brillat Savarin, Irish cheddar, and something in a youngish manchego. With some water crackers, fig preserves, fresh cherries and Picholine olives, please

I first tasted Brillat Savarin in the cheese course of a meal at a cafe in Tours near Saint-Gatien de Tours. I was a freshman in college and Dad was working Paris. We left mom in Paris and took the train down to Tours, so I could see the stained glass. (Two major changes in how stained glass windows were made in the 13th century first occurred during the building of Saint-Gatien de Tours.) Dad loved a good fancy meal after a day of sightseeing, so he picked someplace very nice. The meal had all these courses. I think it was the first time I had eaten a soft, cheese. I felt so grown up.

This was so unlike traveling with my mother, who thinks eating out on trips is a waste of time and money. The whole time I was sightseeing with her, we gulped down bread, cheese, fruit and water on park benches near famous sights. I've eaten outside the Louvre, Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur, Palais Garnier, Musee d’Orsay, Versailles, Pantheon... LOL. I did learn how to shop in a store when you can't read the language and are a bit iffy on the currency.
                              Last edited by OLChemist; 07-14-2022, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• I woke up at the crack of dawn this morning craving breakfast at Frontier Restaurant. I am dying for one of their sweet rolls and a bowl of green chile stew.

How are folks? Anymore weird wildlife in the road, Subs?

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.