No announcement yet.

Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90° in the afternoon. Birds are quite. Rabbits gone asleep.

Some three days ago I bite on my tongue in sleep at night and now its burning. Must have dreamed badly but I don't remember.

Just the calling of the ice cream wagon at the corner but this ones ice cream is water ice as it tastes and well, I do not recommend it. Lets go to Francesco. There you get much better ice cream.
    Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
    Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
    Show me, and I will understand.
    Involve me, and I will learn.”
    Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.
    Living one day at a time,
    Enjoying one moment at a time,
    Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
    (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• We had a storm pass near. We did got about 3 drops of rain at my house. But there were clouds! We dropped down into the 90's today. It was a break from many many days of >100F. A much welcomed break after 2 days of skirting rolling blackouts.

Comment

• 111F ! My poor AC (set at 80F) hasn't cycled off since 2pm.

Comment

• For today 102F are announced. Yesterday I am not quite sure > 90 95F or so.

My AC is set to 70 but I only run it by timer between 21:00 and 21:30 in the bedroom.

Tomorrow down to 90F and on Thursday down to 68. Not good for People with heart problems.

Stay safe,
          Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
          Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
            111F ! My poor AC (set at 80F) hasn't cycled off since 2pm.
            I'll have 3 scoops of vanilla with 3 scoops of orange sherbert , with some chocolate hard shell on top please ! These 100+ day are killers ! Our dear friends in England don't have AC , and I feel turrible for them !
            I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
            It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• I've been considering a lime sherbet dinner myself.

We're still 109F. But thank the Lord for decent wind in west Texas. We had nearly 10GW more wind generation than we've had since the heat wave began.

I feel for the folks in the UK and Europe. No AC for the most part and no ice in your drinks. How are you holding up BA? How's your family doing in this heat?

I understand the heatwave this summer is very bad. We're roasting here and skirting rolling blackouts. But we don't have the body count Europe is racking up.

One summer when I was in college, I spent a month in the UK. In London that summer, it got into the upper 90'sF for over a week. It was humid and sticky. The Thames Authority had water shortages. Back in the day, little to none of the Tube had AC (now something like 40% has air-cooling if not AC). Trips were unpleasant. At that time, McDonalds was the only place to get an American style cold drink. What was scary was how many people died.
              Last edited by OLChemist; 07-19-2022, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• What is Sherbet?
                Nevertheless, I offer six scoops of vanilla or lime. Hard chocolate on top as you wish.

I live in a house made of stone. In the cellar and the bedroom of Mom (half cellar) it is cool or quite cool and you do not need AC. We have half floors and many stairways. My bedroom is under the roof and I am very pleased that after three years of thinking about AC I have installed AC last year. A third of the house is acceptable and 2 thirds are difficult.

On the front side, we have the shutters down and it helps but the humidity is the real pain. This morning, outside the house was better than inside. There was some wind and I made three tours with the bicycle to get bread, journals for mom and Hansaplast. LOL, with the wind it was quite comfortable on the bicycle. A bit saving diesel fuel.

Unclear how many people die in Germany. May be thousands and mostly elder people.

I hope Friday will be a bit cooler. Not very pleasant to stand on the range for black powder championship.

LOL, our trains have AC but in hot times they fail. Joke "Before you nag about the air conditioning, the train has no"

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Sherbet is made with flavoring, sugar, water and milk or cream, with < 2% butter fat. It's not as rich as ice cream, which under US law must have >10% butter fat. (We have an in between category called frozen dessert. Many "ice cream" products sold in the US are actually frozen dessert.) Sorbet is made with flavoring, sugar and water and without any dairy products. Goggle translate offered Sorbett as the German translation. But, when I look up Sorbett it is describing something without dairy.

Well, it's almost 9pm and we're still over 100F.

Our trains, mostly light rail/trolleys, have AC. But, because of the heat, they are restricted to 35mph. The heat is making the overhead wires sag too much and is softening the road beds at crossings.

Over the past couple decades, the road surfaces seem to have gotten better at surviving the heat. When I was in grad school in Houston, in the summer (90-95F) the asphalt at the intersections would get these ruts and ripples. They were from the asphalt softening and deforming under the weight of cars waiting for the lights to change. That doesn't happen on the newer roads.

Comment

• Roads, it got better but at certain traffic lights and Autobahn you still have those ruts when the asphalt is overheated.
                    In some instances you even don't need heat. If there enough trucks over a period of time you either get by the weight or by breaking at the traffic lights those ruts.

It is 6 am and the thermometer says 81F. It has rained in the night and outside it feels cooler.

Thanks heaven, my car has AC and it will be a four to five hour drive to Pforzheim. Round trip about 850 km or 530 miles in two days.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Chuy, can I please have a cup of green chile stew, a bagel, an apple and some iced tea.

Comment

• Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
                        Chuy, can I please have a cup of green chile stew, a bagel, an apple and some iced tea.

Chuy got deported , the new guy is Goyo ! Dang , and you hired him !
                        By the way , I'll have the same !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• LOL. You're right.

Comment

• Where has Chuy been deported and where is the new guy from?

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• I recruited Goyo from Tucson. He was hanging out, learning to make popovers (local name for fry bread). I was dying for some gallina pinta, a sonoran hot dog, fish tacos and coyotas.

Speaking of which.... Goyo, could I please have a carne seca burro, calabacitas and iced tea.
                              Last edited by OLChemist; 07-24-2022, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken Arrow View Post
                                Where has Chuy been deported and where is the new guy from?
                                Chuy got sent back to Mexico , but as soon as the RioGrande get a little lower he'll be back ! He can't swim so as soon as the river is low enough he'll just walk back over !

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.