X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope, that is what you asked for.

https://assets.unileversolutions.com...pg?imwidth=800

https://www.usa-kulinarisch.de/wp-co...12/icetea1.jpg

Well, with these temperatures, I think the Rio Grande might fell low enough on certain spots just to walk back. But Chuy really should learn to swim.
    Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
    Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
    Show me, and I will understand.
    Involve me, and I will learn.”
    Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.
    Living one day at a time,
    Enjoying one moment at a time,
    Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
    (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• LOL.

More like this BA. In southern AZ, carne seca is a dish made with dried meat like you found. Burros are what people call burritos in the Tucson area.

Click image for larger version

Name:	El-Charro_1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	3933118

Comment

• In the DFW area, most of our "Mexican" restaurants serve the hybrid TexMex or Chihuahuan, Coahuilan, Veracruzano, and whatever the heck you call the region around Mexico city style dishes. We have a place down the street that has some Oaxacan dishes - mostly 5 different kinds of mole and champurrado (which is also a New Mexico thing). There's a really upscale place in town where you can get cochinita pibil, which is a dish from the Yucatan with deep Mayan roots.

We're starting to get Salvadoran and Honduran restaurants. Pupusas are the hot thing with folks at the plant. Last lunch we had before Covid was pupusas, plantains, frijoles and salad. Locoro con queso, yummy.

Locoro (F. pandurata)

Pupusa

You got some real yummy stuff when Native and European food traditions collided. We're going to have to get you over here BA. There is a whole world of Native influenced food you need to eat.

Comment

• Sigh, what will happen to me, if eating so much?
          The food must not be too spicy.
          I think you have to get used to it slowly.
          Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
          Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Goyo, could I please have some fried hominy, a bowl of strawberries and some iced tea.

Name:	pic3aEwJO.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	3933136

Comment

• It's nice to see that ya'll haven't melted in the heat. Between the heat and all the dust we've had from the Sahara, I've been staying home. They also had the library closed due to a covid outbreak. It's hard to believe that we can get dust all the way across the ocean. I decided to start an embroidery project, so I've been keeping myself entertained. It's been years since I've done any embroidery (got side tracked by seed beads), and I had forgotten how much I love it. It also satisfies my craving for color. DMC floss makes about 500 colors, and I have close to 300. LOL! My mom taught me how to embroider when I was 7.

Not much new here. Pretty much everything laying low out of the heat. We need rain. It rains all around us, but we don't even get enough to dampen down the dust on the road.
              Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• We are still needing rain. Had a wild lightning storm the other day, and the land line got zapped. I was grateful it wasn't the AC. Other than that, not much is new.
                Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• I'm glad your house is OK. We had our first rain on Tues, just shy of 70 days without rain. Two houses in the north part of the metroplex were hit by lightening and burned down. Fortunately, everyone got out and the houses didn't set the whole neighborhood on fire.

Everything is so dry that fires have been spreading from one house to others. A spark from a lawn mower set a yard on fire and burned 26 houses in Dallas. A kitchen fire burned 9 houses in Fort Worth.

How's the needlepoint going?
                  Last edited by OLChemist; 08-13-2022, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Woods are bruning but far away. The Rhine is very low on water and the shipping on the Weser has been stopped.

It is hot and the heat drains every motivation to move.

Class Room temp is > 90 F. I have the sun shining on the class room windows from 06:00 to 18:00.

I tell you when melting away.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Ouch that is hot for teaching. I'm guessing no AC since you probably don't need it most years. Our public schools start back on Monday. But schools in TX have AC. Most colleges and universities will start back around Labor Day (9/5 this year).

I don't get why public school start so early now. Back when wooly mammoths roamed the earth and I went to school, we started around Labor Day and depending on the number of snow days (actually more common down here in the land of no plows or salt than where I grew up) ended in early to mid June. I keep wondering how much of our ever increasing school taxes would be saved if we didn't bring kids back in 100F weather.

Comment

• No AC and where we have AC, in the rooms with 32 PC's, they don't work any longer.
                        We have three buildings with partly AC but only for the biologists the AC got a contract for serving every year.
                        The AC units are from three different companies but contracts are always an issue with the county administration
                        LOL, my archive AC hasn't been maintained for at least three years.
                        There shall be a contact though I have never seen it, i have to live by but I am not responsible.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Anybody there? Too hot to stay?

Looks like dust on the counter, chairs and tables. I think I do some dust wiping.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Goyo, can I please have a carne adovada burrito and some iced tea. Actually, cancel that. I'll take a Sonoran hot dog and lemonade.

It's been a long week here. I've spent half the week on the phone with vendors and for the other half I had Zoom meetings and Zoom meetings about Zoom meetings.... Next week, I'm "attending" a virtual conference.

I'm between jewelry projects. I don't have any ideas. I'm in front of the computer with a sketch pad and a CAD program, trying to design something.

What is everyone else doing?
                            Last edited by OLChemist; 08-20-2022, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Sonoran-Hot-Dogs.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	367.7 KB
ID:	3933187
                              and your lemonade

Name:	Lynchburg-Lemonade.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	3933188
                              Anything I can do about phone calls and meetings about meetings?

sweating and cursing.

The photovoltaic was a shot in the oven. I have gone to the lawyer to have legal advice cancel the contract for cheating with paying nothing but may be getting compensation.

I am very not amused.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• I'm sorry about your solar panels. I hope you get out of the contract and get back any down payment.

It sounds like you guys have as much fraud in the solar market as we do. There are bunches of "companies" going around selling you "free solar panels" or claiming to be from a government agency selling panels. They are rooking people into solar panel rentals contracts or some other scam. I get 1-3 calls a day from "solar" companies, claiming I can get government subsidized panels on my home.

It's raining lightly and the temps have dropped into the 80's. It's been so hot this summer, folks are out walking their dogs and running in the rain. Even the cats are roaming around in the drizzle.

On Wednesday, we had a bunch of small, intense storms along a stalled front. We got 3" in my neighborhood in about an hour and a half. There was street flooding downtown and museum district. ​​​​​​​All that rain and the cracks in my yard still haven't closed, lol.

We're still down about 10". The county is talking about moving into stage one water conservation. After the 2014-2015 drought, they adjusted the scale on water conservation and never lifted the old stage one restrictions.

One of my neighbors went out of town, without leaving enough food for his cats. They have been over here scratching at my windows

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                  Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                  by OLChemist
                                  *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                  06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                                • namamiinc
                                  Hello From FLorida
                                  by namamiinc
                                  I’m a new member in town` and I’m so honored to be a part of PowWow community. Hope will to get to more friends and knowledge....
                                  12-01-2022, 07:14 AM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X