X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLChemist
    replied
    Cats are just perverse!

Ishty has been perching in the low cat tree with the ramps, that I bought for my three-legged cat. This tree is in front of the TV room / home office window. She's been clawing at the sheers, trying to get them out of the way to see out. This morning I tied back the sheers so the windows are uncovered. (And I'm on full display to the street while I work, until the Rose of Sharon bush leafs out.) Now she is sleeping on the gate-leg table across the room.

Meanwhile, for the past several weeks Olivia has been objecting strenuously to Ishty chasing her, screaming bloody murder and hissing. All while keeping one eye on me, like she expects me to referee. But whenever Ishty is asleep on the dining room table, Olivia gets underneath and bats at (trans: bangs on) the bottom of the table. After Ishty climbs back down from the Siamese shaped skylight she's just made in the ceiling, she chases Olivia.

Jet, my outdoor cat, acts like my picking up up is an assault on his person. And the cat carrier? Well, that is a cell on death row.

But, last week the four year old from the house two doors down decided to play with him. She came out the alley access gate of her backyard, dragged her stroller and baby doll down the alley into my back yard and tossed the fancy baby doll her grandmother had brought her from Korea behind my studio. She called Jet over to her and picked him up. Which in and of itself should sent him running for the hills. She tried to pick him up correctly, but he is a gangly 14lb sack of boneless, limp fur when you lay hands on him. She carried him to her stroller, with the front half of the cat slumped over her arms and the back half dangling down her legs. Jet's hind paws were stepping along side her feet. She stuffed him into the stroller, tucked a blanket around him and took him home. I expected him to come bolting over the fence, but he didn't come back until diner. He then spit up what looked like Cheerios and milk on the porch.

(Just as a disclaimer, I was in my backyard studio watching. I did not let the toddler out of my sight until she got back home. And I did call and tell her folks she was opening the gate. When her dad came to retrieve the doll, he told me they were getting a child proof lock installed.)

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Originally posted by subeeds View Post
    ...Princess Diva spent the day napping on her back porch shelf, and I knew as long as she was sleeping, there wasn't any bad weather headed our way....
    Forget the weather radio. Feline Alert is faster, LOL.

Ishtato, the granddaughter of Siamese princess via an alley cat, went off about two minutes before the tornado sirens on Monday. All the sudden she hopped down off her cat tree, ran into the dining room, clawed open the buffet cabinet door and hid behind grandma's Sunday china. At two points during the two alerts she started wailing. I happened to notice the time of one of her cries started because I cowering in the bathroom, staring at the radar on my phone. When the tornado investigation report was posted, I saw her wailing started at nearly the same time the tornado touched down in River Oaks about 4 miles northwest of my house.

Subs, I'll keep you in my prayers.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    So much crazy in the world these days. Wednesday the weather was really wild here. If we weren't under tornado warnings, we were under severe thunderstorm warnings. They would come close to us, but just skirted the edges of the county. Princess Diva spent the day napping on her back porch shelf, and I knew as long as she was sleeping, there wasn't any bad weather headed our way. We are now out of the drought, but it could return if the rain stops. I can't wait to see how many types and varieties of skeeters we will have this spring.

I start the Cyber Knife radiation therapy on Monday for the lung nodules. We get to go to Brunswick every day. Yippee. On the bright side, there's a Big Lots, a Tuesday Morning, and Ross Home Stores there. I will drag myself through at least one if I have to. LOL! BA, those stores are closeout stores. They get "last years" merchandise when the new trends hit the stores. You can get all kinds of deals there. I love to just wander through them.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Originally posted by wardancer View Post

So , what seems to be the issue with the lack of supply ?
    Cooking. Even the oil with double and triple prices of sun flower oil are out of stock.
    Cold pressed olive oil is still available but > five times the price of sun flower oil.
    May be I should use Diesel.

Barley, corn, wheat, sugar beet and sugar cane is used up to 10% in E10.

In 2018, 57.8% of biodiesel in Germany was produced from rapeseed oil, 27.0% from used cooking oils, 8.4% from soybean oil, 2.3% from palm oil, 2.1% from animal fats and 2.0% from fatty acids. We have B7 that is 7% Biosdiesel within the Diesel.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Good luck finding flour and oil. With Russia and the Ukraine growing/exporting much of Europe's (and Africa's) wheat and sunflowers things are going to be tough. Are they routing seed oils into biodiesel production?

Our weather continues on the roller coaster. Just a degree about freezing yesterday, 90F tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Originally posted by Broken Arrow View Post

no sunflower oil yet found. Only empty shells.
    So , what seems to be the issue with the lack of supply ?

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    Chuy, I'll take anything someone else cooks for me this morning.

BA, find any oil yet?
    LOL, no sunflower oil yet found. Only empty shells.

In the morning, high noon, afternoon, evening. I am always there at the wrong time.

You can have bread, butter, lemon marmalade and lots of hot coffee with milk. Sugar is available. Wheat four is out of stock. Well, I have still two pounds.

Oh, freezing in the night and sweeting in the afternoon. Irritating weather.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Well, we had 23 confirmed tornadoes on Monday. The same storm went on to spawn another 17 in east TX, LA, AL and MS on Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Keep your head down ! That one that went through Round Rock went really close to where I used to live ! Glad I don't still live there ! LOL

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Springtime in Texas. We're having our first tornado outbreak of the spring. It looks like there have been 2 or 3 tornados touch down so far. It looks like Jacksboro, Bowie and Montague took a hits.

There's a dryline front combination that has been spawning super cell storms. It's going to go over us in the next 1-2 hrs.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    Drove to work last night in a raging downpour. More lightening than we've had since last year. We've had a wet March, so maybe fire season won't flare up again. I see it's getting a start in Texas already. I wish the weather would decide if it's going to settle in. I just want it to decide if it's going to be hot or cold. I'm tired of the roller coaster. LOL!

New granddaughter seems to be doing well. She passed her first check up with flying colors. If gas would come down in price, we might have a chance to head up there this fall to meet her.

Good luck with the sunflower oil, BA. I've never used that, but I do like coconut oil.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Chuy, I'll take anything someone else cooks for me this morning.

BA, find any oil yet?

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    We have some difficulties. Sunflower Oil is out of stock. Nowhere to have today. Maybe tomorrow.

Coffe you can have. But prices of my every day brand have risen about 1€ per pound.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Well , they say it will be in the upper 70s today. Tomorrow night rain and friday a rain snow mix ! Then maybe it'll be spring ! LOL
    Just coffee.........and a cinnamon roll !

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Chuy, nopales and egg tacos, please.

How's everyone?

We're a bit nippy here this morning. It's going to be 83F this afternoon, but it's 43F right now. (Yes, I'm old and I talk about the weather.)

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.