Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to hear you're getting a break.

We finally got down into the high 80's low 90's during the afternoon. It's bare hand season. Yesterday, I grabbed my metal porch railing, which was in full sun, without getting first degree burns. In July, I melted the plastic no-slip grips on my garden gloves using that railing.

This morning it was 69F. Cool, cold even. My AC only ran for 20 mins yesterday.

The rain has everything blooming again. My neighbor's crepe myrtle is so heavy with blossoms it's bent down over my driveway and my hair gets caught it when I get in my car. The dang thing is drooling again.

Comment

• Goyo, a large lemonade, please.

How's everyone doing on this warm and muggy morning?

We had flu and Coivd shots at work on Friday. Wow, this bivalent Covid booster kicked my bottom. My doc wanted me to get the Moderna, since it seems to fade off slower. I felt bad for a day or two after the Pfizer booster, but this one has hit me hard.

I'm having joint pain, fever and fatigue. Add stiff, aching feet, ankles, knees, hands and elbows to my already bad hips and I'm hardly moving. I had the shot Friday afternoon and the pain in my hands woke me during the night. I slept most of yesterday. Today, I've managed to crawl out of bed, but I'm still a bit feverish. I have a red welt on my arm that is 5" dia. My body really doesn't like something in this shot.

I was hoping get out to the studio but I'm feeling too crummy. It's almost 9am and I'm still in my nightgown, which doesn't bode well. Besides, I need something to knock me out of my comfort zone of southwestern motifs. I'm stuck in a rut.

Comment

• It is a cold and rainy day; one of several rainy days in a row. The land needs even more rain.

Click image for larger version

Name:	grafik.png
Views:	20
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	3933284

Your lemonade please.

Well I do not know about knocking out of comfort zone but what about some suggestions for bead pattern?
        Or a pattern for engraving on a side plate?
        Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
        Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
        Show me, and I will understand.
        Involve me, and I will learn.”
        Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
        Courage to change the things I can,
        And wisdom to know the difference.
        Living one day at a time,
        Enjoying one moment at a time,
        Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
        (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• Goyo, caffeine, please.

The leak breaker on the water heater in the attic malfunctioned again. I now have no hot water and a siren going off in the attic. I can't climb up in the attic to turn it off.

I am so glad I had the alarm company put a backup water sensor in the pan. At least that way I have a second opinion on whether there is an actual leak. At least I don't have water pouring into my house.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Views:	18
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	3933292

The requested caffeine pills.

But I am not sure if they are good.

Well, difficult to turn off the siren without remote control from thousand of miles away.

Attached Files
            Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
            Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Goyo, some watermelon please and a few rat traps....

My office electronics area is now the new parts store. Unlike the actually electronics shop, you can solder without needing a bulldozer to get down to the counter top. Plus I have nice labeled bins full of parts. I should say, I had....

Over the past month, folks have informed me that they have helped themselves to: a bag of breakaway long male pin headers; my stand off and JST connector kits; a couple of Bud boxes; two FLIR MWIR camera cores; three Melexis non-contact temperature sensors; a couple 5-18VDC variable switching power supplies; a dozen 1A fuses; all my 20 ga stranded hookup wire; a box of 100 plastic forks; and two spicy ramen noodle bowls. OK, the parts are property of the company. But the forks and the ramen they were mine.

Comment

• Some water melon, please.
                Click image for larger version

Views:	15
Size:	866.4 KB
ID:	3933299

I am sorry to inform you, that I have only mice traps immediately at hand and after your description it sounds as if you do not need rat traps but raccoon traps or even larger ones.

May I suggest to change the lock on your office and get a new fill for your labelled bins?

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• OLC, next summer, you might try putting something over your railings so you won't burn your hand. I saw a thing where a pool noodle was slit down the middle and used to insulate pipes from the cold. Something like that should work to cover a railing-or maybe I'm just nuts. LOL! You might have to do more than split it down the middle though.

We are watching that system in the Caribbean. Looks like it will head this way, but since it seem to have a track over the long part of Florida before it gets here, we should be ok. Since it will be quite windy, I'll get the camping coffee pot out and get it ready, and the camp stove, too. Never hurts to be prepared.

I'm almost ready to reveal the embroidery piece I've been working on. I've decided to add some beads to it-of course. When I got rid of my beading stuff, I kept the Czech Ornelas. LOL!
                  Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Hey Subs, are you all hunkered down for Ian?

Comment

• Hey Subs, please just check in. I'm not sure where you are relative to that mess down there.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.