Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goyo, an adult beverage please.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them." -- George Orwell

That kind of sums up how my day is going.

How are ya'll?

Comment

• Hm, I know some adult beverages but it seem snot appropiate to post them here. I'll show you behind the counter if you insist. But may be I should smile and give you iced lemon tea.

Not only some but a lot of of crazy ideas.

LOL, that is a question of point of view and there are different point of views. Mixing all up and you get average which is as wrong as the best and worst point of view but perhaps better than a single point of view.

Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
      Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
      Show me, and I will understand.
      Involve me, and I will learn.”
      Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      Courage to change the things I can,
      And wisdom to know the difference.
      Living one day at a time,
      Enjoying one moment at a time,
      Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
      (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• I'm having laptop and phone issues. I'm also out of patience trying to deal with them. LOL! We came through Hurricane Ian without even losing power. I feel so bad for those people who lost everything. so many deaths, too. I saw several survivors interviewed on the news saying that they didn't think it was going to hit them. Tens of thousands of people have moved to Florida in the last couple of decades, and haven't experienced a hurricane. I think all newbies should have to take some sort of Hurricane 101 class. They might learn that just because that little red hurricane symbol seems to be headed on one course, that cone of uncertainty means that it could go anywhere in between. I just hate seeing so many lives lost through carelessness.

I finished my embroidery project! Now I'm on to sugar skulls. I love the chance they give me to feed my color addiction. I can't get the photo itself to load for some reason, so if you want to see it, click on the bar.
        Attached Files
        Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Very nice, Subs! It makes me think of all those sun artworks they use on CBS Sunday Morning.

I hear you on the newbies issues. We've had over a million folks move to Texas in the past 10 years. There are growing pains. Many are not assimilating well, lol. We need classes in tornado, pickup truck, and neighborliness.

Tornado 101: Learn how to respond to an outdoor hazard siren. (Hint, don't stand in your front yard, calling the city to complain about the noise.) Golf ball sized hail is a warning from God not a chance for a selfie. Don't stand in front of your glass windows recording the oncoming tornado with your cell phone. Insurance isn't optional.

Pickup truck 101: You don't have to buy one just because you've moved to Texas. It's a truck not an Elantra. Even if it is a hybrid, you can't park it in a compact car space. If you're not hauling a trailer, you don't need a hitch; if you do get one, remember it adds to the length of your vehicle. If you stick a "Ban Fossil Fuels" sticker in your new F250, we're going to know you're all hat and no cattle.

Neighborliness 101: Just cause you made a million dollars selling your two room 800 square foot shack in San Fran and were able to pay twice the asking price for your house, doesn't mean you bought your neighbor's house too.
          Last edited by OLChemist; 10-18-2022, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• I'm almost done with the 1st sugar skull I'm working on. I really like the meaning of them. It kind of bugs me on the basis of cultural appropriation, but I just plan on feeding my color and embroidery addiction with them, not exploiting them.

Fall has settled in nicely here. A little cool in the mornings, but since I don't have to venture outside, that's fine. Princess Diva won't let me do anything for her, except occasionally let her in or out, it's all hubby. I opened the door for her the other day to come in, and she looked at me like I was nuts. Guess she found out my secret. LOL!

Comment

• Rose, I meant to say thanks for the compliment on the embroidery. Still working on the sugar skull. I got early voting out of the way this week. I wish they gave me a button to turn off the political commercials instead of a sticker with a peach on it saying "I voted." Where is everybody???

Comment

• You're welcome.

I know. When you find that button give me one!

Comment

• At home and sad.
                  Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
                  Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Well, yesterday proved that there is actually no time of year that isn't tornado season in TX and OK. We had a cold front slam into a nice of river of warm, wet air off the Gulf. My town was just on the edge where the storms were forming. But really picked up steam as the they tore east northeast. They were moving at >50 mph in a line.

Idabel, OK and Powderly, TX got hit by tornados. So far one dead.

How are folks doing? Any pictures of your sugar skulls yet, Subs?

Comment

• Hey Subs, get hunkered down. It looks like your neck of the woods is going to get it again.

Comment

• The dark hours are getting longer. Today I nice sun down in red lighted high clouds and blus sky.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
                          Hey Subs, get hunkered down. It looks like your neck of the woods is going to get it again.
                          It wasn't too bad. Knocked enough Spanish moss out of the trees that I could open a moss supply. LOL! Again, we didn't even lose power.

Internet has come to the woods!!!!! Finally. It's slow, but it's better than having to get dressed and go to the library. LOL! On a whim I applied for the Affordable Connectivity Program, and we qualified. I found a lot of companies then that supplied internet to this area, including the local phone company. I am a happy camper. Only thing better would be to be a warm happy camper. It's cold and drizzly here.

I've got pics of the sugar skull but I"ve got to get them edited.

Comment

• Congrats on the internet! Welcome to the world of surfing in your undies :)

Jet is at the front window scratching for a meal. I've already fed him and the meow mob three times today. I can't let him in the house to eat, because he fights with my three-legged cat. But, this feeding 3-5 additional cats is going to land me in the poor house. Now that it is cold, I'm going through a 6 lb bag of cat food a week. And my poor Jet is skinny as a rail. The neighbor's cats look like basketballs with legs.

It's also the end of outdoor dining season. His tableside snacks with the ladies who lunch at the farm-to-table place, lunch with the hot shop gaffers at the glass blowing school, and craft BBQ with the hipsters are over until spring. Although he did come home with a grilled chicken breast last weekend, from someone's grill.

He also got in a fight with a really nasty street kitty that left him with some scars on his face. He's much less charming looking now. I think it may be cramping his style. I know the little girl down the street is very distressed by his battle scars. She stuck a minion band-aid on the bridge of his nose. (Getting a band-aid off a cat, requires having a large box of bandages of your own.) She was very disappointed that his fur didn't grow back on the scar. She keeps asking me to take him to the doctor to get his boo-boo fixed.
                            Last edited by OLChemist; 11-20-2022, 10:54 AM. Reason: Wow, that was some bad grammar.

Comment

• Poor Jet. Try filling a spray bottle with water and keeping it handy for the neighborhood cats. My mom's cats would never come in the house when she was ready to go to bed, but they would get up in her bedroom and wake her up after a few hours, wanting in. She did the spray bottle thing, and it didn't take long for it to strongly discourage them. It got to the point she didn't even have to spray them. If they got in the window and even saw the bottle sitting there, they got right back down. I probably would have let him scratch the bandage off on his own. LOL! It sounds like Jet could be distantly related to Princess Diva. Trying to do anything with her other than pet her -when she's in the mood-or brush her, and you risk needing stitches.

I got the sugar skull edited. I'm not happy that the crystals around the eyes show yellow when they are clear. After about 10 edits, I gave up.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Very pretty, Subs! I like it. The colors are fantastic. I really like how you did the stems and leaves for the flowers. Nice work.
                                Last edited by OLChemist; 11-23-2022, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.