No announcement yet.

Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All cats are Divas, even the male ones, lol.

I haven't had the heart to try the spray bottle with the meow mob. Tho' I may next time they boil over the threshold when I open the door. I'm tired of Blondie scratching my foot with his claws when he lands on it.

When Cobalt, my late snowshoe/siamese alley cat mix, was a kitten I used a squirt gun (better range) with her. Cobalt got her revenge. I left the squirt gun on the arm of love seat overnight. She chewed on it, until all the water leaked out and ruined the finish on the wood.

She was hard on training devices. I don't allow the cats on the kitchen counters or near the stove. I use a motion activated alarm, set up to cover anything in the room at counter height, to discourage them. One night, I heard the alarm start to sound. But the ring rather abruptly stopped with a strange strangled, gurgling sound. When I went to investigate, I found the alarm unit was no longer on the counter but was at the bottom of a dishpan full of water in the sink. There wasn't a cat to be seen. Bucky Ball came when I called, but Cobalt disappeared until the next day. I am positive it was a guilty conscience and that she had drowned the alarm.

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving, all. Celebrate our survival.

Comment

• I do my very best.
        Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
        Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
        Show me, and I will understand.
        Involve me, and I will learn.”
        Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
        Courage to change the things I can,
        And wisdom to know the difference.
        Living one day at a time,
        Enjoying one moment at a time,
        Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
        (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving to All !
          I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
          It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Hi WD. Long time no see.

What did you guys smoke for the holidays?

Comment

• It was just us this year so we just did a simple meal ! Turkey (roasted in the oven) mashed potatoes and gravy , homegrown green beans ,deviled eggs , homemade whole wheat hot rolls ! And for desert we had homemade ginger/apple bread which was absolutely melt in your mouth good ! And of course I ate way too much ! Eyes is busy with cookies and I'm getting ready for deer season.
              Last edited by wardancer; 11-25-2022, 03:21 PM.
              I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
              It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Goyo, machaca con huevos burrito and iced tea, please.

Well, I did my morning duty and deleted the daily matched pair of advertisements for CBD, weight loss, and "male enhancement" gummies in the support forum. Has anyone contemplated the irony of gummies for certain problems?

Sounds like a lovely meal, WD.

How's everyone? Making good use of the long weekend making some more pretties, Subs? Beading BA?

I feel guilty complaining about the rain, since we're still in a drought... But, I'm tired of cold and rainy. It rained all day Thurs, much of Friday and looks like it's going to rain until late this afternoon. I haven't been able to get out to the studio; the steps and railings are too slippery when they are wet. I wasted the dry on Friday taking my car out for a good long run out to Mineral Wells. With my hips and Covid, I haven't been going on any traveling vacations. My poor car hasn't had a good long drive on the highway in ages.

I need to finish cleaning up a pendant. I loathe polishing. It is so dirty. I end up covered in grease and polishing compound. I have put off polishing three pieces. I also need to buy some fresh Black Max. My current batch is being a touch unpredictable.

Kingman Turquoise has an Etsy site now. They have a few of the good stones on there. Not like going to GL&W in Tucson, but it still managed to separate me from part of my paycheck. Now I've got to come up with some ideas for these stones.

Comment

• Did anyone see the American Masters episode on Buffy St Marie?

American Masters - Buffy St Marie

Comment

• Hey everybody! Glad to hear people had a good turkey day.We had a ham. LOL! I've been trying to get everything set up with FireTV. We decided to get rig of our high priced satellite. Firestick is cheaper, but there are so many apps with so many channels and to find what we want has been an experience. Most of the apps have numerous channels, and that confuses me. I finally found how to get the major networks, well, all but ABC. Since we don't watch that channel, it's no big deal. I have literally spent the last 4 days going through google land seeing what apps had what channels. It was kind of like slogging through waist high mud. LOL! I've gotten another embroidered piece done, but not photographed yet.
                    Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Pictures, Subs, please!

Well, I just did my part to ruin international relations over on the Ask Powwows.com part of the forum. I hope to goodness that picture isn't the OP. For a rare moment, I'm glad fewer folks post here. Can you imagine the response even 5 years ago?

Comment

• Yeah, they let me in again.
                        Don't know why the I could not access the forum server yet I had another encounter of a irritating digital world.

The password reset email send to my email address was credited as SPAM it seems and directly deleted by the provider without saving to the Spam folder.

But that is solved by circumvention.
                        Last edited by Broken Arrow; 12-08-2022, 12:46 PM.
                        Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
                        Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
                        Show me, and I will understand.
                        Involve me, and I will learn.”
                        Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                        Courage to change the things I can,
                        And wisdom to know the difference.
                        Living one day at a time,
                        Enjoying one moment at a time,
                        Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
                        (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
                          Pictures, Subs, please!

Well, I just did my part to ruin international relations over on the Ask Powwows.com part of the forum. I hope to goodness that picture isn't the OP. For a rare moment, I'm glad fewer folks post here. Can you imagine the response even 5 years ago?
                          I don't think you ruined relations. I don't know what it seems to be about the French, but even the French Canadians can be really rude. It's just something in their DNA I guess.

I'll get to the pictures eventually. LOL! We are enjoying record heat here. Makes me worried about what winter will be like when it gets here. I would at least like one hard freeze to kill off the mosquitoes.
                          Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Goyo, an egg and potato burrito -- to go.

No season isn't tornado season in Texas. Our morning is starting with tornado warnings and watches. Feline alert went off about 2 mins ahead of the NWS. My siamese crept through the TV room, crouched down against the floor and wailing, on her way to hide in the crockpot in the kitchen.

So far, our end of the county is just under a severe thunderstorm warning and a tornado watch. Nickel sized hail and 60 mph wind gusts. The sky is green, which is never a good sign. The TV news is wall to wall weather.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.