No announcement yet.

Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infomercials will never be the same. Ron Popeil, the man who brought us Mr Microphone, the Pocket Fisherman, the Veg-o-Matic, and spray on "hair", walked on.

Comment

Originally posted by subeeds View Post
      I'll try an elderberry one, please.

We've been experiencing triple digit feel like temps the last few days. I keep expecting to find the cat melted on the porch. She refuses to come in, even though she knows it's cooler in the house. We've got an old pecan tree on the west side of the house, and this time of year, it drops nuts on the roof. I think the sound kind of freaks her out, too.
      Our dogs have a pen outside and kennels in the house. They know when it's really hot I will let them come in early for a nap. The last week they've been begging to come in at lunch time , rather that they're usual 4 pm ! They love air conditioning almost as much as I ! LOL

It's been a long week but all is progressing ahead of schedule ! My beautiful wife always amazes me ! I'm a lucky man !
      I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
      It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Oh , thanks for the lemonade ,it hit the spot !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

It finally cooled off a bit, but it's only for a little while. We had some storms, and it got down to 75. This morning at 3AM, it was still 88 outside. Too hot.
          Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

Going to five days of recreation on the shooting range. This year Championship in this class not cancelled due to Corona.

After two years, seeing some well known old folks again.
            Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
            Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
            Show me, and I will understand.
            Involve me, and I will learn.”
            Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
            Courage to change the things I can,
            And wisdom to know the difference.
            Living one day at a time,
            Enjoying one moment at a time,
            Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
            (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

Have a good time and good luck.

Comment

Chuy, calabacitas, sopapillas and honey, please.

Comment

Hey Chuy , I'll have some too !

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Here ya go, WD.

Comment

This morning, I've been waging a war on cardboard. The upshot of my combination of bad hips and Covid is everything I've bought the past 18 months has come in cardboard boxes.

With Amazon, in particular, it has been lots of boxes -- not infrequently, a big box enclosing a little box. I've been ordering my cat litter and cat food rather than buying it at the market. The company has been packing a number of heavy items in a huge single wall boxes. By the time the box has been literally thrown at my front door, the cardboard is a battered, limp mess wrapped around the contents.

All cardboard has to go into a 64 gal recycling can. These cans are picked up by robotic arms on trucks. Three years ago, the city's contractor changed the kind of truck used. The new ones don't fling as many cans and/or trash into streets, yards and beds of pickup trucks. But, they don't empty the cans as well.

Before I could just cut the boxes into strips. Now, the limp cardboard from the battered pet supply cartons twist and jam the cans, keeping them from emptying. Those boxes have to be cut into squares smaller than the diameter of a can. Before Covid, I'd spend 10-15 mins, every couple weeks cutting up boxes in to little bits that will fall out of the can. Post Covid, I spend 30-40 mins a week cutting boxes, LOL.

The last two weeks I've been hurting too much to make a bunch of trips up and down the steps with arm loads of cardboard. I got lazy. Now I have too much cardboard, LOL.

Yikes, I need this pandemic to end. I need social contact before I bore everyone to death with my conversation about my trash, LOL.
                      Last edited by OLChemist; 08-08-2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

We just throw those boxes in a pile and light them on fire ! They burn fast and leave almost no ash ! LOL The neighbor asked what I was doing one day and I told him I was sending my brother in Oklahoma a message ! :rofl"

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

LOL.

Where did the like button go?

Comment

The like button disappeared !
                            At least the site is back up !
                            Hope everyone is well !

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

I'll take of the food too. Looks tasty.

I think OL Chemist has not the option for burning cardboxes. I have neither. If I do I will get a ticket for environmental pollution and/or violating community rules.

I have 250 l blue paper trash can with a mouth of about fifty by fifty centimeter. They are man handled for emtpying on the paper trash van. It is a large one who almost does not go through our small dead end street.

I want the like button back!

At least the forum is online again. Missed you.
                              Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
                              Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
                              Show me, and I will understand.
                              Involve me, and I will learn.”
                              Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                              Courage to change the things I can,
                              And wisdom to know the difference.
                              Living one day at a time,
                              Enjoying one moment at a time,
                              Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
                              (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

Chuy, machaca and egg breakfast burrito and a big iced tea.

I had my first round of PT today. I think I'm going to crawl in a corner and die. I begged the boss to let me work at home. I hope I can get up the damn steps at work tomorrow.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.