Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subeeds
    replied
    Since we get a lot of Mardi Gras news here, I've been craving King Cake and a Shrimp Po'Boy. I brought some to share so help yourselves.

If anybody has any spare rain they could trade, we'll take it. We are 70% behind in rainfall already this year. Combined with all the dry foliage from the late freezes we had, fire season is shaping up to be rather scary.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Please.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	AdobeStock_234534330.jpeg?fm=jpg&w=1200&fl=progressive.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	280.7 KB
ID:	3932616

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Hi G! How's wife's lap class going? How's everyone else? Are the little ones keeping well?

Chuy when you sober up, I'll take two pastor gorditas, please.

Leave a comment:

• gilisi
    replied
    Me n Chuy just got back from a bender in Mexico. I woke up in a little house with a little boy calling me dad. I said "I aint your dad" and a lady came in and slapped me.
    Figured it was prolly a good time to come back home.
    Hope everyone is doing ok!
    I just want to say, after watching the news, man that guy Putin has a face like a slapped azz.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Chuy, I need something to sooth my nerves -- some hot tea, please.

How are folks?

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    I light a candle.

Candle is nowadays lighted every day.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Good to hear you're feeling better. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    All I will say about our weather is we've been breaking warmth records. Ya'll made my feet cold reading these posts.

It's good being back around. I had to have a bronchoscopy last week, because a few months ago, a CT scan found some microscopic lesions on a lung. Besides doing a biopsy, they implanted some markers for cyber knife therapy sometime in the next few weeks. A couple of days after the procedure, I had to go into town to pick up some meds, and since the pharmacy is across the street from Lowe's and I needed some pots for some plants, I hit them up. I got home and took a 4 hour nap. Seems that even though my head had convinced my body, I could still behave like I was in my 30's, my body knew better. Had an awful breathing scare, but the doc called in some steroids for me and a few days on those, and I was feeling better. Turns out that being outside after a lung procedure when it's headed into high pollen season, isn't the brightest thing to do.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    In the morning frozen car windows, fog. In the evening about 42.

Later in the morning sun until early evening and beyond.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Well, we’re having another round of freezing drizzle/fog. Chuy, I’d like a bowl of shrimp and grits please.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    In the morning 32 later on about 40 may be 42. Again rain.

Tears falling from the clouds out of the sky.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    We still haven't gotten above freezing. Temp is 20F this morning, with a wind chill of 11F. Looks like we're going to get ice again tomorrow. I'm tired of winter.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Chuy said he had hot coffee , hot tea , hot chocolate , hot cider , and hot toddies ! Your choice !
    Temp here this morning was 8 degrees and feels like -8 ! Eyes made stew !

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.