Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Love?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    While sitting in the hospital emergency room a few days ago I saw a couple sitting across from me. They had a son of around 10 who had cerebral palsy and also seemed to be austistic. The boy sat between his parents who each held one of his hands. For serveral hours we all sat, waiting. The boy twitched and jerked from the palsy. His hands would have been out of control if his parents weren't holding on to them. Then there was the moment that truly touched my heart...
    The boy turned to his father, pulled his hand away and then put the back of his hand to his fathers cheek and caressed it ever so gently while he looked into his fathers eyes with absolute adoration. This lasted for nearly a full minute.
    Then the boy went back to his unfocused stare and uncontrolable
    jerking.
    During that one brief moment I observed true love. It really made my day.
    "I know that you’ve been damaged, your soul has suffered such abuse, but I am not your savior, I am just as screwed as you."

    Comment


    • #17
      My little guy is very advanced in his speaking. And I ain't even being biased, the boy has been having coherent convos since he was one and a half. BUUUUTT, for some odd reason, he cannot pronounce "frog", he literally says it like "f**k". So one day we were chilling on the bus, going to check out some yard sales, and he had a little, you guessed it, frog toy.

      Well, all of a sudden he starts pretending that the frog is jumping around and he's screaming at the top ofhis lungs the way he says frog. Bwoy, I have never got so many dirty looks!! Here's this kid cussing away (although he doesn't know it) and me and my mom laughing our azzes off. I eventually had to get off 4 stops early.
      Got percap?

      Comment


      • #18
        Hmm, is Love when that handsome guy who works at the casino looks at you and his eyes feel like arrows shooting right thru you or is dat jus' indigestion?? lol

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Jibby™
          My little guy is very advanced in his speaking. And I ain't even being biased, the boy has been having coherent convos since he was one and a half. BUUUUTT, for some odd reason, he cannot pronounce "frog", he literally says it like "f**k". So one day we were chilling on the bus, going to check out some yard sales, and he had a little, you guessed it, frog toy.

          Well, all of a sudden he starts pretending that the frog is jumping around and he's screaming at the top ofhis lungs the way he says frog. Bwoy, I have never got so many dirty looks!! Here's this kid cussing away (although he doesn't know it) and me and my mom laughing our azzes off. I eventually had to get off 4 stops early.
          Kids say the craziest things .........and they are good at copying. Me and the wife took our two & 1/2 year old granddaughter swimming. Me and the baby went in first. The wife started getting in very slowly and gets about halfway and tried to say something quietly to me cuz she knows the baby copies. She jokingly says,
          " the water's not bad, but kinda cold on the deet." (you know what I mean)
          We cracked up laughing when the baby says seriously, "Yeah, kinda cold on the deet." :rofl2: :rofl2:

          Comment


          • #20
            My oldest son, has a slight lisp, and speech impediment (he's all but grown out of it) and used to pronounce his sh as a th, aka instead of saying say ash, he'd say ath, and his truck would come out sounding like he said f**k instead.

            Poor kid, every time he'd say ash, we'd hit the floor rolling on the floor laughing, of course teaching him to say ash hole didn't help either.
            Ezaasakwaadek-bkwezhigan ndaa miijin

            ~Though I wear a shirt and tie
            I'm still part red man deep inside!~
            <Paul Revere and the Raiders>

            A very wise old Chief (Archie Mosay) once said to listen carefully when a White man tells you specifically that he won't do this or that, because more often than not he is telling you EXACTLY what he IS about to do.

            Comment


            • #21
              I think love is when you ask your mom to help you with a couple of things for a college paper..and she does the entire thing for you!..or maybe it's just lazyness?? haha
              >:< ~~ >:<

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Kiwehnzii
                Kids say the craziest things .........and they are good at copying. Me and the wife took our two & 1/2 year old granddaughter swimming. Me and the baby went in first. The wife started getting in very slowly and gets about halfway and tried to say something quietly to me cuz she knows the baby copies. She jokingly says,
                " the water's not bad, but kinda cold on the deet." (you know what I mean)
                We cracked up laughing when the baby says seriously, "Yeah, kinda cold on the deet." :rofl2: :rofl2:
                Oh okay, so love is a warm deet. gotcha...lmao

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Awful_Mnom_Woman
                  Love is planting a kiss on your grandbaby's face.
                  That is sooo true....my parents just became grandparents when my sister had a baby on August 15 2002(my moms b-day) My parents are sooo much in love with that baby....Its just so awesome when I go home for visits....I can just feel all the love...it makes me not want to come back home...Love...that baby is what keeps me going....she helps me make it through each day....she makes everything much more greater....I love her so much...
                  Heres a pic of me my mom dad and my neice Serenity Lefa Anne
                  Attached Files
                  Hotty with tha body

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    my little definition of love is when you cant get that person out of your head and everytime you think of them you hear chezzy music in your head....or maybe its the radio...i duno...
                    Hotty with tha body

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Crazy_Cree_Chica
                      ...Love...that baby is what keeps me going....she helps me make it through each day....she makes everything much more greater....I love her so much...
                      Girl I know what you mean! I have a niece too, and she absolutely lights up my life and brings new meaning to it. I cried when I seen her for the first time, she was so beautiful, and still is:)
                      The thing that would make me cry everytime I called home..My parents would tell me that she would go outside
                      and yell "Auntie Nana Hum Home":Cry
                      or now, when I call her up (she's 2)..and we talk for a bit, I tell her that I miss her and love her..then she kisses both ends of the phone to send me kisses:Cry
                      (¯`·._)Ït §M꣣$ £¡kë ®åíñßÕw§ (¯`·._)

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proind. It is not rude , it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

                        Love never fails.

                        And now these three remain: Faith, hope and Love.

                        But the greates of these is Love.

                        :Angel2
                        SoftWind

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I was told it was a chemical imbalance in the brain
                          :rofl2: :rofl2:
                          (¯`·._)Ït §M꣣$ £¡kë ®åíñßÕw§ (¯`·._)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            My daughter is 2 yrs.old (about to be 3 in 2 months) and she tried to take the tape out of the vcr while it was rewinding and she got her fingers stuck and she started crying. So I put my fingers in there to try to unjam the tape and she says "No mom!, don't stick your fingers in there!" She had tears in her eyes and she tried to pull my hand away from the vcr so I wouldn't get hurt. I think that is love! :2:
                            If you should suck my soul, I should lick your funky emotions. Nothing's good unless you play with it, play with me baby.

                            Did you just see what god did to us man?

                            If Barbie is so popular why do have to buy her friends?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              love is not caring what you do with the person or thing u do...

                              gurls- u kno its love when u dont care about who u are with or what u do .. where u would rather cuddle and snuggle wit that person rather then have S3X or things like that....

                              things- such as dancing, i love it and being a 15 year old in high school people make fun of you if you say u go to powwows and dance... but me i love it and i dont care who knows that i do...

                              that is love to me

                              singed with a bullet to my heart-mike <3
                              hi............
                              bye...........

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Love is this.............

                                Last year on my birthday my two daughters left their schools early, came home, cleaned up the whole place, orders pizzas, hid my brothers and their aunts and my nieces and nephews and when I came home from work, they all yelled surprise! awwwww cho chweeeeeeeet!!
                                "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

                                Comment

                                Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                                Loading...

                                Trending

                                Collapse

                                Sidebar Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X