stoopid encounters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stoopid encounters

ok... i know you all have had "encounters" of sorts like this before... and i swear man... some people make me wonder how indians are viewed by other people :Mad

for example... i got this call here @ work today and it went something like this:
    Him: "do you kno where i can register?"
    me: "register for what?" (grand entry?)
    him: "to be indian"
    me: (he's not SERIOUS... this is a grown man, right!? "ummmm... i'm sorry sir, but you first have to identify what tribe your affiliated with"
    him: "i THINK it's the sioux tribe"
    me: (is this happening?) "okaaaaaaaaaay... you first have to identify what band"
    him: "there's different bands? more than one? isn't the tribe in wyoming or something like that?"
    me: (oh my gosh!) "there are MANY bands of sioux tribes throughout a couple different states including, MT & SD"
    him: "oh yeah... montana... my gramm said something about that before - i think that's where i 'm from"
    me: (laughing histerically to myself!) "then you'll have to speak with your gramm to identify the band your affiliated with."
    him: "ok, so you don't have registration there... you answered my question, good!"

maaaaaaaaaaan... i sooo wanted to reach my hand through the phone and smack him into reality! how ignorant does that sound? my goodness... if anything... it was worth a good laugh!

so what kinda "stoopid encounters" have you had?
    "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

My g/f works in a tribal culture department and they get calls like that a lot.

"I might be Indian. My mom said my dad was Indian, she didn't know his name though, or where he was from. She just got knocked up from him. Can you tell me what kind of Indian I am?"

One time I called up and acted like one of those people just to get a rise out of the culture office. It was funny.
    It is so sad that a family can torn apart by something as simple as a wild pack of dogs.

Comment

OMG...some people are just a waste of skin!!!
      yeah, yeah, yeah...

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?

Comment

that ain't right...hahah
        i ALWAYS get calls like that and these people are like in "life or death" situations... where they HAVE to know they're ndn or not or identify to get "benefits!"
        it pisses me off sometimes... cause they dunno a damn thing, but just to benefit... shooo man, they've lived 1/2 thier lives not knowing & surving... so why claim something now man!?
        it's a trip though for real... my daily laugh for sure!

Comment

another time this GHETTO lady calls and was like:

" i need to enroll my son cause i just had a dna test and found out the father was who i thought it was and he's indian too... you kno the kind from trinidad, the islanders... so what kinda benefits does my son have, now that he's indian!?"

hahahhahahha.... all i could do was LAUGH!

Comment

ihad one encounter...actually couple of dem...some chic askedme if i can teach her how to dance jingle...iasked her which nation she frem...she sayd cherokee or soemthang...i was like well technicaly ya shouldnt be dancing unless ya know which nation yar frem adn besides theres procedures ya gotta go through first.. and the seconed encouter was wuz this stupid guy he came up to me during a nasa event asn sayd how can ya be "indian" i thought all "indians" have black hair and red skin....i was like noooo...i had to fill him in and what he saw was stereotypical..hell he thought majority of us were deceased... i jest shook my head and thought oh my gawd..i had to correct him on soooo many things-becca

Comment

The only ones in my family who don't have black hair or brown skin are mixed with white.

Comment

Originally posted by Awful_Mnom_Woman
                The only ones in my family who don't have black hair or brown skin are mixed with white.
                Same here! I have two brothers that married white woman so all their children are light complected. All the rest of us are stereotypical looking. :Chatter

Comment

Originally posted by Awful_Mnom_Woman
                  true dat... or mixed w/hispanic... but i still love em anyways. ;)
                  The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

I hate it when white people treat me like crap because they think I'm mexican or something and as soon as I tell them that I'm Indian right away they say I love Indians! Or they want to be my best friend and they want me tell them everything I know about natives! It gets annoying I just wanna be like GET AWAY FROM ME!! Anybody else ever had that problem?
                    If you should suck my soul, I should lick your funky emotions. Nothing's good unless you play with it, play with me baby.

Did you just see what god did to us man?

If Barbie is so popular why do have to buy her friends?

Comment

My encounters that I have been having lately at school have been frustrating. Of course, I posted the dumb joke before and then I get to overhear things like, "yeah, the white people never took the land from the indians because the indians didn't have a flag up to stake the land." Oooo...I had to turn around and say something. Needless to say, the friend of the little shyt tried to cover the little shyt's arse. I think he was afraid I was going to beat him up or something. :Yell :Mad

Otherwise, I get a lot of dumb questions and I hear a lot of dumb comments--It's that mized crap that I hear more than I should sometimes. It's just amazing how ignorant some people can be. I love when people tell me they have 1/16th or something like that or when they tell me they have indian in them but have no idea "what kind." That's when you walk away and just...
                      "Support Bacteria. It's the only culture some people have."

"I can't sleep, the clowns will eat me."

"Things are more like today than they ever have been."

Comment

Ya know, my pinky toe is pretty much how much Mexican blood I have in me, but its not like I brag about it....its my toe, big deal! :p
                        Apache jump on it, jump on it, jump on it!!!!!

"Insert words of wisdom here"

Comment

Originally posted by kneegrow_native
                          Can you tell me what kind of Indian I am?"

oh yeah..like we have a ndn blood test or a ndn detector that goes off when they walk thru the door!
                          WHEN FACED WITH A CHALLENGE, LOOK FOR A WAY NOT A WAY OUT.
                          Death: The pain passes but the beauty remains.

Comment

*beep....................beep...............beep.. ....... beep.. beep beep beep*

there must be a native 'round here....the beeping is more frequent!!
                            Apache jump on it, jump on it, jump on it!!!!!

"Insert words of wisdom here"

Comment

"STOP! spread em...i got to check if u got ndn on u"
                              WHEN FACED WITH A CHALLENGE, LOOK FOR A WAY NOT A WAY OUT.
                              Death: The pain passes but the beauty remains.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                              • Tsalagi_Phoenix
                                Books!
                                by Tsalagi_Phoenix
                                It seems that all the 'what are you reading now' threads have died and I decided to make my own thread for books.

Post what you're currently reading, ask for recommendations or give recommendations, post what books you got most recently and anything else book related.

I'm...
                                02-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X