• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoof email about account to Pay Pal

I received this spoof e mail ......

Dear PayPal member,

We regret to inform you that your account is about to be expired in
    next five business days. To avoid suspension of your account you have to
    reactivate it by providing us with your personal information.

To update your personal profile and continue using PayPal services you
    have to run the attached application to this email. Just run it and
    follow the instructions.

IMPORTANT! If you ignore this alert, your account will be suspended in
    next five business days and you will not be able to use PayPal anymore.

Thank you for using PayPal.
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

This is their answer:

Protect Yourself from Fraudulent Emails

At PayPal, protecting your account's security is our top priority. Recently, fraudulent PayPal emails have been circulating that request personal information or ask you to download an attachment. These emails are not from PayPal and responding to them may put your account at risk. We want to remind you to protect your PayPal account by paying close attention to the emails you receive.

Please use the following clues to help determine whether an email you receive is from PayPal.
    Greeting: Emails from PayPal will address you by your first and last name or the business name associated with your PayPal account. Fraudulent emails often include the salutation "Dear PayPal User" or "Dear PayPal Member".

Email Attachments: PayPal representatives will never ask you to download an attachment or a software program from an email. Attachments contained in fraudulent emails often contain viruses that may harm your computer or compromise your PayPal account.

Request for Personal Information: If we require information from you, we will notify you in an email and request that you enter the information only after you have securely logged in to your PayPal account from https://www.paypal.com/.

Often, fraudulent emails will request details such as your full name, account password, credit card number, bank account, PIN number, Social Security Number, or mother's maiden name.
    If you think that you have received a fraudulent email, please forward the email to [email protected] and then delete the email. Never click any links or attachments in a suspicious email.
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

I always get that in my spam folder..I delete everything in there
      Could be a virus and probably is!
      (¯`·._)Ït §M꣣$ £¡kë ®åíñßÕw§ (¯`·._)

Comment

Hi
        I got junk all the time thank you for telling about worms.
        Asema Is Sacred
        Traditional Use, Not Misuse
        Wakan Tanka please have compassion on me.
        OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
          Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
          by OLChemist
          *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
          06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
        • TigerEyes214
          Neverending Game
          by TigerEyes214
          k. I didn't see any game like this before so....short and sweet here goes:

Last one to post wins!!! GO!!!!!!

(so far I'm the winner) :taunting:
          05-07-2004, 04:12 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X