Cough Remedies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cough Remedies

I didn't put this in the Health forum cuz I knew I wouldn't get many replies and want everyones opinion~

I know some people make ole timey cough formula's with Grain Alcohol and some make it with Corn Whiskey. Well, I got both this weekend want some recipes. I know some peeps use honey, peppermint, garlic, etc. Fess up - what do you use???????
    Becky B.

either a herbal tea with honey or tea with ginger and lemon and honey. In either of these add a teaspoon of ground ginseng.

While you drinking this, you get you a kind,loving individual to cater to all your needs while you recouperating, and who will carry you everything you need :D

Comment

hahahaha - is that an application for the position????;)
      Becky B.

Comment

I use peppermint tea and a pinch of ginger when I have a cough. Also, rub vicks on my chest and neck and lay on the couch and watch daytime shows all day...usually works.:Angel2
        yeah, yeah, yeah...

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?

Comment

hey, who loves ya ?:Angel: :Angel2 Also makes you feel better to get your neck and back rubbed to:D :Angel:

Comment

Originally posted by tradish_wiyan
            I use peppermint tea and a pinch of ginger when I have a cough. Also, rub vicks on my chest and neck and lay on the couch and watch daytime shows all day...usually works.:Angel2

*LMAO* Vicks... try putting some vicks in YOUR NOSE!!!

*LMAO*

:Chatter :Chatter JK

:lol2:

Comment

Humidifier?? that works wonders :Thumbs

Also tea, the herbal teas like the orange one or something like that lol.. i can't remember, but that usually helps me out :D

Comment

If your cough is productive :Frog then humidify, steam, and drink hot tea and hot soup. There's an echineacea tea with zinc that I swear can work wonders.:)

If you get a dry hacking cough, then it's time for the booze.:p What works for me is a hot toddy or Amaretto.

Look for those Special Treasures hard candies in the Amaretto variety. They must have real liquor in them, cuz they work better than those Hold cough drops.

Hope you weren't sick on your birthday!:(
                ...it is what it is...

Comment

Nope - just the usual migraine (I don't get my Botox till next week) - actually I was planning on having something on hand. Like I was telling Bushy Braids lots of the older country folks make stuff and it sits in a jar. Like I said they use honey, peppermint, garlic, lemon - different things. My uncle always has some on hand - my lil cousins would rather have that than cough syrup. Any wonder??:Quiet I was just checking other folks remedies.
                  Becky B.

Comment

Nothin beats my mom's mixture of chamomile, honey, and crushed vanilla to soothe my coughs. But if I can't make it across the bay to their house the corner market always is stocked with Robitussun.

Comment

hey QT, you ever try Valerian ? good for the achies with cold and flu, and sometimes good for them bad headaches.

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose
                        If you get a dry hacking cough, then it's time for the booze.:p What works for me is a hot toddy or Amaretto.

Look for those Special Treasures hard candies in the Amaretto variety. They must have real liquor in them, cuz they work better than those Hold cough drops.
                        I love Amaretto!! And speaking of candies....I love the chocolates filled with liquor...with or without a cough!:Chatter

For my current cough I am constantly drinking hot teas with honey. Minimal cough with much instant energy!! hehe
                        When you turn your back on me, don't expect me to care what you think!!

Comment

Theraflu lemon flavored is kinda decent. I have some lemon tea with ginger that works well. Dad use to mix up hard liquor, honey, lemon juice, and rock candy. It works wonders. I usually remember getting to the bottom of the glass and nothing else. BUT when I wake up in the morning I can breathe and I ain't coughin.:)
                          SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Singing Otter - your dad's mixture sounds kinda like what I am looking for. Did he use Grain or Corn Whiskey?? And what about Garlic? My bf's sis uses garlic
                            Becky B.

Comment

Hmmm...I'd say lemon, honey, cloves and some liquor (in the island it's usually some kind of Rum actually)...

Or just get some Apple Cider hot tea and drink away..That helps too....

*Taisia*
                              Last edited by Daca_Taino; 12-03-2003, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                              • Tsalagi_Phoenix
                                Books!
                                by Tsalagi_Phoenix
                                It seems that all the 'what are you reading now' threads have died and I decided to make my own thread for books.

Post what you're currently reading, ask for recommendations or give recommendations, post what books you got most recently and anything else book related.

I'm...
                                02-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X