Digital, regular or instant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital, regular or instant?

I'm hopeing Santa will bring me a new digital camera for x-mas. We have one but it's cheap. The pic's it takes are to fuzzy. Still got a regular one 35mm. To think it will be a dinasoar purty soon. Does any one remember the 110 camera?LOL polariods? So what do you got.

Yepper, I remember the 110 mm, had it for quite a while too.

Then I went 35mm and went crazy, got 2 Pentax K1000 and all the lenses I could get my little hands on. That made two camera bags full. 2 tripods came then, now I have them on a shelf along with my digital camcorder from sony and now my little toy camera from canon, a panoramic 35 mm which gets used a lot on the powwow trail on the dance arena, well now just about 3 weeks ago I fianally got my little pride and joy a sony cyber shot, it firts into my shirt pocket and doesn't weigh much but it sure as heck makes great pics. In fact while I drive I just point and shoot and they turn out great.

So as you say the 35 mm might just have to retire for the average pic but if I want the close ups of mother nature, animals that are wild I will still need old faithful 35mm and the 500 mm lens.

So until they make a digital that can zoom in on the eye of an eagle while it sits on its nest feeding its young, I will stick with the workhorse camera that has always been true to me the Pentax K1000.
    Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
    Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

i still have a polaroid... it was fun for quick snapshots but then every time i took pics people seemed to think they could have them. I shoulda said $5!

So anyways it just sits on the shelf.

I got my handy dandy dig cam and I love it. It goes w/me everywhere. Sony Cyber shot.... 4.0 MP

Sometimes the pics are too good cuz it picks up peeps' extra grease and frown lines.

but hey thats what ACDSEE is for. :)
      The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

I got me a nice regular camera. It has all kinds of cool features on it. I want a digital camera though because you can edit the pictures if you want and stuff.
        If you should suck my soul, I should lick your funky emotions. Nothing's good unless you play with it, play with me baby.

Did you just see what god did to us man?

If Barbie is so popular why do have to buy her friends?

Comment

I have all sorts of fun snazzy-snappity toys....I mainly use my Olympus Digital, my Kodak 35mm, I even have my polaroid for those moments when we have the kids' parties and make crafts for the guests to take home their hand-made cards....:p. I also have one of those new disposable digital cameras, for the times I don't feel like luggin' my Olympus around.....
          "Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those doing it."

~ Ah nech me hewet ~ :49:

Comment

Well lets seeeee.... my first camera was a browning box camera, then i got a 110 that you had to buy the flash cubes for, then the built in flash, and then the 35mm and now we have a olympus digital with zoom and all the gadgets... takes awesome pics...:D
            "finding your best friend in life and love is glorious"

Comment

I'm horrible with a camera but I have a digital and 35 MM but again I just tinker around.
              :D

Comment

i started out with a 110 camera, got a polaroid (the film was too expensive, like 20 bucks for 10 pics), then I ordered a camera from the marlboro company with the marlboro miles, and that is still hanging in there, takes good pics. I have yet to get high tech, but I LOVE those digital cams...I want one now!!!:bouncy: :bouncy:
                yeah, yeah, yeah...

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?

Comment

Originally posted by superndngyrl
                  i still have a polaroid... it was fun for quick snapshots but then every time i took pics people seemed to think they could have them. I shoulda said $5!

So anyways it just sits on the shelf.

I got my handy dandy dig cam and I love it. It goes w/me everywhere. Sony Cyber shot.... 4.0 MP

Sometimes the pics are too good cuz it picks up peeps' extra grease and frown lines.

but hey thats what ACDSEE is for. :)
                  Dang , Super has a cool cam. She caught me in my "Teepee Creepers T- shirt". I hope that never makes the galleries in here. Super I'll bribe you with bead work.:Angel:

Comment

I have a 35 mm..but want a digi-cam:)
                    (¯`·._)Ït §M꣣$ £¡kë ®åíñßÕw§ (¯`·._)

Comment

So until they make a digital that can zoom in on the eye of an eagle while it sits on its nest feeding its young, I will stick with the workhorse camera that has always been true to me the Pentax K1000.
                      Digital SLR's can. That's because they take interchangeable lenses like film SLR's. For example, get a Nikon D100 and then get a 500mm lens. BTW that'll be around $2500 for the combination.
                      "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
                      Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

Im using the good ole disposable:)
                        Hotty with tha body

Comment

Originally posted by wallFlower
                          Dang , Super has a cool cam. She caught me in my "Teepee Creepers T- shirt". I hope that never makes the galleries in here. Super I'll bribe you with bead work.:Angel:
                          *evil laugh*

hmm.. might have to take u up on that. ;)
                          The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

i have a good digital cam (i was a very good girl two christmas' ago) and a SLR. i use both often. it all depends on what i am going to do. at a pow wow, i go mostly with the digital. taking pics of scenery or other things, i go with the slr
                            Bahnisiain

Comment

I've got a digital and I love it, but ya know what... I never actually print them!! OK rarely. I just email them everywhere and keep them on my computer to look at.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.