time~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time~

whats the longest its taken u to get to a pow wow?:Cry me it was 12 hours to get to yalkima! omg stop and go stop and go! cuz im from bc so! ya and it was the first time we had went there!

10 1/2 hours to Urbana, MD. Seemed like it took forever- esp when we got around the D.C area-traffic was crazy!!:Yell
    What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!!!

Comment

The longest it has taken me was 8 hours...And that was to Nemiah.... I am from 100 Mile House area, and those rodes were really rough. plus we did a lot of sightseeing to...took some nice pictures of only trees...because the people around their have some specific traditions that they follow....so we tried not to take pictures of rivers, mountains or anything else like that...but it was a good trip. I celebrated my 17 birthday at that pow-wow....:Thumbs
      *Stephanie

R.I.P Alex Archie
      March 12, 1966 to May 7, 2003
      ***AIDS***
      Creator Please Help Us Find A Cure..

Comment

I couldn't put in hours, maybe in days time. Anyway, have been all over. I guess the farthest drive time so far has been North Dakota. I think it took about a 2 1/2 days to get to LIttle Shell pow-wow from Texas, but we kind of took our time. Had to stop at several malls.
        Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

23 1/2 hours to get from Wisconsin to Louisiana was my longest trip. We went thru Chicago and got caught in the tolls and traffic. We also got caught in severe weather and tornados in Illinois. Our whole drum along with all of our kids, sat in Wendy's waiting for it to stop raining sideways so we could get back on the road. That was a pretty exhaustive trip, but we learned our lesson for the next trip we took down there. When we finally got down there all of us Wisconsin natives were suffering and sweatin' our a$$es off while the Louisiana people were walking around in long sleeve shirts and jeans!! That was quite the trip...

Comment

i think mine was about 13 or 14 hours going back home to idaho for our powwow; we were coming from my home here in nebraska.
            Life's Short, Powwow Hard

Comment

Loong time! I don't remember the hours it took to drive but from Bronx, NY to Wikky powwow, via Toronto and all the way around the lakes. Whew! Long drive then back again! :Chatter It was fun though and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Comment

Originally posted by Kakeeya
                Loong time! I don't remember the hours it took to drive but from Bronx, NY to Wikky powwow, via Toronto and all the way around the lakes. Whew! Long drive then back again! :Chatter It was fun though and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

HOley smokes, Kakeeya! Thats a long azz drive.
                "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                  Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                  by OLChemist
                  *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                  06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                • NahimanaSung
                  Hosting young girl in rez
                  by NahimanaSung
                  Hey!

I'm half Lakota/Dakota native american, currently living in France. I'm 18 years old, and at a point in my life where I really feel the need to explore my ancestry and learn more about my culture.

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum or way to ask,...
                  03-07-2016, 09:56 AM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X