mixed bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mixed bag

I just wished a Johavah Witness a mrri Christmas. He told me he was Catholic but converted when he met and then married his wife but his daughter is Christian. Talk about mix bag of religtions. Is your family a mixed bag?

:D

No, we're all in the same bag! :D

Just kidding! Some family members believe in Catholicism, some believe in the Longhouse and some believe in Sundance. Yeah we're slightly mixed (nuts) but most of us practice the Longhouse or Waashut.

Comment

My mother grew up Catholic. (first holy communion...the whole lot!)

Then... after getting married, my parents were living in an influential Mormon community.... soon they were baptized. *L*

We moved..and my sister's babysitter was the wife of a Baptist pastor. GUESS where we started going to church?? *LOL*

That soon ended when my parents were told their traditional ways were not the ways of the Lord. And they would have to choose.... either the traditional Navajo beliefs, or the church. We stopped going to church.

After that... my mom began going to look into Nichiren Daishonin Buddhism. She and my aunt became members.. but I notice she doesn't practice as "religiously" as my aunt.

I usually tell people I don't go to church. And when they ask me.. "What religion are you?" I tell them.. "I'm Navajo"

Comment

I have no religion!
        Life is more than what we see...

Comment

is "Catholic in remission" something like religion?
          Bahnisiain

Comment

mom, dad, 5 brothers and 5 of us sisters all in the same brown bag. :D
            "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Well I was baptized christain, actually episcpalian now I don't know what to believe in.

Comment

AAAAAHHHHH!!!

<-----

Whew! where to begin well

Raised by fundamentalist Christians that were total hypocrites for the most part....

...hmmm I'm a skinny guy, its a little hard to gain wait during the course of your childhood when the people that are supposed to be taking care of you are too busy supplying their cocaine habit, but hey it was all different on sunday right?

I guess that makes it all better enit?

So yeah, at some point I completely lost my mind (no i'm serious, total nervous breakdown at around, 18 or so)

Rapidly started "losing the faith" explored alternatives, not really anything right now except confused.

Would like to say that I'm "traditional" but I've not had the time to take the incentive to learn such things in the appropriate manner, i.e. directly from the source.

I sure get pissed off about people passin' around "medicine cards" and other pseudo-indian junk that they friggin' bought on e-bay or somethin'

Anyways, my parents are still Christian but get this the pastor at their church is a "Messianic Jew", you know one of them Jews that believes in Jesus. When I first heard of "Jews for Jesus" I was like huh? Isn't that kind of like "Vegetarians for Meat" but hey whatevah

Anyways, most of my family are least nominally Christian but few actually practice/participate, i.e read the bible/go to church regularly. I do have a former aunt by marriage who became a mormon so now I am pretty sure my cousins, her kids, are mormons too ha ha.

The rest of us are just heathens ayyyee

Comment

I was a Christian untill I got expelled from Sunday school for calling the teacher a lying sack of moose dung. My mom only used to make me go so we could go to (Bible) camp for free in the summer through the Salvation Army.

My mom was raised Catholic, but very quickely learned to resent Christianity and anything that has to do with it thanks to the mercilless beatings she got from the nuns at school.

I thank my mom everyday for keeping me away from organized religion. That's a lie lol. I am in the process of starting my own religion called Jibbyism. My catch phrase is "My God Can Beat Up Your God". I believe in a higher power--myself.
                  Got percap?

Comment

My temple is inside me. I dont need religion to tell me how to believe in what is truth. Although I have no religion I am spiritual. Meaning, I can reach communication with the creator without following any type of script or anything. I say what I want, feel. Over and over again. That is all I need. I am complete without any religion. I must admit. I admire the organizations. I will even participate to understand where religion is coming from.
                    I dont have any problem with that nor do I feel threated. I dont feel comfortable with judging people for believing in something. I think its important to believe and have faith. Just as I'd rather not be judged (as I have been many times.) I've talked to the Creator, God, Force or higher power. Whatever someone wants to call. The Creator has answered and that has been enough for me. My family sent me to a Christian bible school and all that great stuff. Its never sat right with me. They even sent me to Catholic school LOL!
                    Life is more than what we see...

Comment

my mom is babtist grandma is methodist my other grandma is catholic

You got me lifted shifted higher than a ceiling And ooh wee it's the ultimate feeling
                      You got me lifted feeling so gifted Sugar how you get so fly?¿?

****Mary had a little lamb but grandma butchered it****

Comment

oh my bad and im not really anything i stay with my tribes beliefs and i have christian beliefs also so i guess im just me

You got me lifted shifted higher than a ceiling And ooh wee it's the ultimate feeling
                        You got me lifted feeling so gifted Sugar how you get so fly?¿?

****Mary had a little lamb but grandma butchered it****

Comment

HHHMMMM...mom went to catholic mission school with them nuns, we were raised going to many churches (Christian...till the preacher embezzled money, Catholic...until we saw the preacher drunker than a skunk the night before...Presbeterian...till the sermons got too long and besides, we were all going to
                          H-E-double-hockey-sticks anyway) and now I follow the tradish path. I'm not too keen on the idea of "If you don't worship the way I worship, you are wrong"
                          :Angel2
                          yeah, yeah, yeah...

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?

Comment

What am I

I am a accumilation of many years of the Creator teaching me things and not listening very good. I started out as a Baptist. Both Granddads were Baptist preachers married to ndns. For many years I have been influenced by my past but believe in my future with the Creator. Traditionalist to say the least.
                            Today is my yesterday and today is my tomorrow

Firebear's Ramblings Newsletter

Comment

Spirituality is the key componant in living a good life and it seems like you all have it in some way. Even with the different religions.

:Thumbs

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.