OOooOo... you're in TROUBLE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOooOo... you're in TROUBLE!!

hahah, just kidding...you're really not...
    but what were some of the things your mom/pops/teacher, whoever used to tell you when you KNOW you were about to be in trouble...
    for example...
    "you're a cruisin' for a bruisin'!"

or how bout...
    "shape up or ship out!"

hahaha... these used to crack me up... but i knew i was in trouble when they said that!
    "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Dads was "You dont want me to come up those stairs!!!" And moms was " How many times have I told you........" Bad trouble for us younguns when we heard either of those 2 phrases.
    I am only a mixed up purebreed mutt....1/8 Cherokee, 1 drop Shoshone, 1/16 German, 1/16 Irish, a handfull of unknown, and a few parts Hillbilly, mix and shake well...

Comment

There was no talk. The first step was "The Eye". If that didn't work (which 99.9% of the time it did) then there was "The Desert Boot To A$$"

One time she did give me a warning tho "Shut up before I choke you" I wasn't even TRYING to provoke her after that threat lol.
      Got percap?

Comment

With my mom it was "the eye" too, & if that didn't work it was the hand to the back end, but I eventually learned how to bend to lessen (sp?) the pain:p .. My dad.. nothing.. I was daddys lil girl. :p :Angel:

:Angel2

Comment

yep mine was the eye too. But when she's made at me or I didn't do something right. It was silence. Mom wouldn't talk to me..she still does it!
          He's the type of rez I like
          ~A. Waquie Nov. 2003~

Comment

hahaha... we ALL know the look of death... i tease my mom & call it the "sioux look of death!" she laughs... but it was a deadly look!
            you KNOW you were in trouble when your mom yelled at you w/the "tight lip!"
            maaaaaaaaan... as soon as my mom tightened her lips & basically growled at me i knew i was in for it!
            or when my parents would walk over to me all calm, but grab my arm and squeeze... OUCH... then we'd get in trouble for pinching!
            "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

When I heard my FULL name (first, middle and last)...I KNEW i was in trouble.

yeah, yeah, yeah...

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?

Comment

I knew I was in trouble when I saw the metal hanger coming after me.:p jk. :Chatter

Comment

Mine was either my first 2 names (first and middle), or wait till we get home (if we were in the car). Usually though, all it took was a look from the man who helped bring me to life this time around.
                  Ezaasakwaadek-bkwezhigan ndaa miijin

~Though I wear a shirt and tie
                  I'm still part red man deep inside!~
                  <Paul Revere and the Raiders>

A very wise old Chief (Archie Mosay) once said to listen carefully when a White man tells you specifically that he won't do this or that, because more often than not he is telling you EXACTLY what he IS about to do.

Comment

lol @ the sioux look of death...it works tho...an the tight lips lol..MAN..my dad used to n still does that..those lipz would get all tense n he'd be yellin at the same time..when u think about it its kinna funny lol..kinna looks like he has muppet lips or somethin lol...not funny when ur in the moment tho...an the name lol..when my parents say "JENNIFER" i know i've been busted lol...lol @ cruisin for a bruisin...bringin back the memories :p
                    "would u like to lick the frybread greaze off of my lippz??"

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic

Comment

let's see.. besides the cruisin for a bruisin, there was hankering for a spankering.

We got the eye, but the eye was usually followed by the fastest smack you never saw coming at ya... after time we learned to just duck and MAYBE the smack would miss us LOL. In fact my brother and I were so smart mouthed that we just gave up and said our piece and then ducked really fast... almost got to be a game..but was often enough we still duck when teasin mom LOL!

I tell you there is nothing more scary than those women 5 foot 1 and shorter when they are mad!!!:Chatter
                      Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbear

I tell you there is nothing more scary than those women 5 foot 1 and shorter when they are mad!!!:Chatter
                        Shea!! My mama is only 5'2" and packs a smack that'll stop an elephant when she's pissed. Im 9 inches taller then her and so ducking is kinda out of the question and she knows it. Oddly enough though, her wooden spoon was NEVER out of her reach. My portuguese gramma (on father side) used to just walk up to us, and pinch with a twist our inner thighs.. yeoooooooooch!!!
                        Ezaasakwaadek-bkwezhigan ndaa miijin

~Though I wear a shirt and tie
                        I'm still part red man deep inside!~
                        <Paul Revere and the Raiders>

A very wise old Chief (Archie Mosay) once said to listen carefully when a White man tells you specifically that he won't do this or that, because more often than not he is telling you EXACTLY what he IS about to do.

Comment

Well my mom does the "silent treatment" nowadays.. I usually end up going into my room and sitting there til the next day.

& actually I remember my dad got mad once.. He just flipped out and started yelling at my brother... :thunder: I was like WHOA!!! I freaked out. He's usually mellow, so when he gets really really mad I get scared:sweat:

Comment

Originally posted by tradish_wiyan
                            When I heard my FULL name (first, middle and last)...I KNEW i was in trouble.

yeah but those were the dayz. My mom used to alwayz yell our full name and then say Ya know i have a belt and im not afraid to used it! *L* thats when you knew to run.:p
                            If you feel like you are under control your jus not going fast enough!

Comment

Geez, there are so many, how do i narrow em down.....maybe if i run down the hall & imagine i'm running from my mom or dad they'll come back quickly!

She use to bust out with "God Damn it Sissy...." or "Don't Make me get out of this chair" where i'd be taunting her just out of arms reach....but when she got a hold of me it was shake em up time....she would shake the hell outta me & say "what the hecks wrong w/you!?!"

My dad was very easy goin until you saw him get up & head toward you w/out a word....that meant "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!" :Chatter
                              *BE EASY*

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.