Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of Fry Bread........according to SD in AZ

Originally posted by straightdancerinaz
    BANNOCK IS EXCLUDED FROM THIS DEBATE CAUSE IT'S NOT FRY BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S A NASTY SCONE!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh snap, now I know that my Bingo daubin', mullet sportin', rabbit chokin' comrades will have something to say about this.

*rolls up sleeves, pulls of imitation Lee Press On Nails*
    Got percap?

Nasty scone

Comment

:Chatter :Chatter :Chatter :rating10:

you guys are soooooooooooooooooo funny....
      "finding your best friend in life and love is glorious"

Comment

1940? My parents got married in RED ROCK, okiehoma in 1938, they had fry bread at the wedding.....I just talked to my DAD, he is 83, They had frybread when he was a little kid.. The origin of FRy bread.....OKiehoma, land of the rhetman, rhet pop, in rhet rock.
        My bark is worse than my bite

Comment

Originally posted by storm
          1940? My parents got married in RED ROCK, okiehoma in 1938, they had fry bread at the wedding.....I just talked to my DAD, he is 83, They had frybread when he was a little kid.. The origin of FRy bread.....OKiehoma, land of the rhetman, rhet pop, in rhet rock.

they probably had a navajo caterer *LMAO* :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Comment

This'll be an interesting conversation to watch.. and talk about points, once it gets going.. LOL :D :D
            Ezaasakwaadek-bkwezhigan ndaa miijin

~Though I wear a shirt and tie
            I'm still part red man deep inside!~
            <Paul Revere and the Raiders>

A very wise old Chief (Archie Mosay) once said to listen carefully when a White man tells you specifically that he won't do this or that, because more often than not he is telling you EXACTLY what he IS about to do.

Comment

I have seen documentation of fry bread being made and served to French voyaguers in the old NW Territory/Minnesota in 1811. I'll see if I can get it again. Yeah, this ought to be an interesting thread.

Pare-

Comment

Originally posted by storm
                ooooooo and RHET ROCK Is land of the OTOES!!! sooo there u have it boys and girls. ARGUMENT IS SETTLED! :) :p
                The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

:Cooler who cares? it's good stuff - just eat it and be happy :)

Comment

For realz man its good who cares where it came from man just eat it and be happy :taunting: There is no need for a frybread riot!:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
                    *~*~*~Do Not Lead me in to Temptation I can Find it myself*~*~*~ :D :uptosomet

Comment

Well, my great gram made frybread. I know cuz I ate some. She also made oven-baked bannock. I ate that too. And I, in the tradition of great frybread makers, am a champion frybread maker. I have the trophy to prove it. So there.:taunting: :D

Comment

PI KE, superndngyrl...
                        My bark is worse than my bite

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwehnzii
                          Well, my great gram made frybread. I know cuz I ate some. She also made oven-baked bannock. I ate that too. And I, in the tradition of great frybread makers, am a champion frybread maker. I have the trophy to prove it. So there.:taunting: :D
                          I know!! I was at that powwow!!

Ok, ok, ok I promise not too have a bannock attack.

*thinks to self "Don't panic, bannock"*
                          Got percap?

Comment

ok in the words of SMOKE SIGNALS!!!

there is enough frybread for everyone!!!!

The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Ya got to admit....Oklahoma frybread is like a dinner roll compared to the big as a dinner plate Navajo size frybread....LOL
                              sigpicWe spend a lifetime worrying about if we make a difference....Marines don't have that problem.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                              • TigerEyes214
                                Neverending Game
                                by TigerEyes214
                                k. I didn't see any game like this before so....short and sweet here goes:

Last one to post wins!!! GO!!!!!!

(so far I'm the winner) :taunting:
                                05-07-2004, 04:12 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X