looking for sundance information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for sundance information

hey there looking for information on sundances in south dakota this year, looking to participate so if any one has contact addys would be grateful.

Sundance

Hey
    there's a sundance out in Pipestone, Minnesota, just outside the South Dakota border. Dates are July 28 - Aug. 1.

Hope this helps some.
    "Sing me to sleep.......Roundance Style..."

Comment

does the minnesota dance allow non natives to participate, i've gotta travel a few thousand miles to get there.

Comment

Don't go! White people shouldn't go to Sundances, (much less participate), and what are you doing looking on the internet for info? Then you want to participate? Go find yourself in your own culture and leave our ways alone! :Mad :Mad

Comment

Sundance Info

This is too funny!!!!???!??!?!?

If you have to ask, especially on-line--you shouldn't be attending or participating. And if you do--chances are you're being had.

You really need to go back and re-read whatever it was you read
          that makes you think you can just up and go to a legitimate
          Sundance.

Perhaps you could try the same tactics with the Vatican,
          Just dial them up and tell them you have been reading some books and you are ready to come and participate and learn all
          the sacred and holy rites because you are ready to become a self-proclaimed Bishop, No, let's make you a Cardinal--No maybe the Pope. You pick the religion or spirituality of your choice and try it.

Then come back to us with a little more humility and respect
          for OUR traditions.

The Flames' Mom
          aka Nahyssan

Comment

It is OK to ask. respect is all that is asked.
            There are several whites who i have known to have partecipated in a Sundance.
            One , lets call him "Paul" is a nice scottish fellow, and he is a professional spook.
            Paul has all the markings.
            He says he went thru the warriors trails.
            He has never told me the tribe.
            He is very ndn in the way he handles himself in battle and in the woods, and just in general, the way he lives.
            So, there are many whites who tell the story, and many more who spread the tale of the Sundance.
            If a fellow want to come in our open door, and show respect, then his question should be shown respect.
            I know little about the sundance.
            My ancestors prefered to love in the moonlight than dance in the sun.
            Want to offer your first born son to the Sun God, and I can help.
            ------------------
            " We beseech and demand... that you accept the Church and the Superior Organization of the whole world and recognize the supreme Pontiff, called the Pope, and that in his name you acknowledge the King and Queen... his representatives, as the lords and superior authorities of these islands and main lands...
            If you do not do this, or resort maliciously to delay, we warn you that, with the aid of God, we will enter your land against you with force and will make war in every place and by every means we can and are able, and we will then subject you to the yoke and authority of the church and of their Highnesses.
            We will take you and your wives and children and make them slaves...
            And we will take your property and will do you all the harm and evil we can..."

--The Requerimiento (read by Spanish Conquistadors to the people of the "New World" )

Comment

Sundance Info

I stand by what I said previously. The gentleman that queried
              the forum on the Sundance can probably read any number of
              threads about the issue...which he should have done before posting. The fact that someone 'attended or participated' in
              Sundance can many different things....those that KNOW already KNOW and do not come on to a public forum and ask for these types of ceremonies--get my drift.

Secondly, it is this type of cavalier attitude that makes many of us boiling mad. Only a few years ago a few non-indians died participating in Sweats, one person I believe died on a Vision Quest. Our Spirituality is not a game, an exotic side trip for your vacation. And believe me when you dabble in things you do not understand...

I understand there are many Earth based traditions in Europe
              perhaps you might want to get in touch with those traditions
              like the other person said.

The flames mom
              aka Nahyssan

Comment

I would advise you that whomever is willing to discuss such things via the internet and other such public forums is probably not authentic. You should use much caution.

Comment

He maybe he's looking for the SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL. LMAO

Just follow the rest of the wannabe's:16:

Comment

hmmmm

was i wrong to give the dates and place? I feel really bad now for doing so. i'm sorry everyone :Cry
                    "Sing me to sleep.......Roundance Style..."

Comment

WTF!!!!! this is so wrong but I'm not even going to go there!!!

and yeah, it might be the sundance film festival....... :rofl2: follow ashton around.....
                      Hockey is soul food.

Comment

Re: hmmmm

Originally posted by miss_shense
                        was i wrong to give the dates and place? I feel really bad now for doing so. i'm sorry everyone :Cry
                        Girl you didn't know, just take caution when ppl ask about certain things..Many people come here on powwows.com thinking they can become an NDN instantly. Many of them think that they are approaching this the right way..and yet they are not. Our cultures and traditions are NOT something to be thrown around, and I do stand by redsky..and Grammy..go for it. Don't give up a good fight, especially against people who do not need to be dabbling in our ways. "wannabe's" ARE..or DO rather, fall under the category of "Native News and Issues"..anywho..that's all I'm gonna say........
                        for now
                        (¯`·._)Ït §M꣣$ £¡kë ®åíñßÕw§ (¯`·._)

Comment

My apologies .
                          Well, I need to change my name to "Juan who needs to listen"
                          The ndn is the one who should answer the questions about ndnz.
                          Duh.
                          I am not ndn.
                          I am white, I am a descendent.
                          My tribe was scattered, but the blood has survived, and the blood still has sand in it.
                          I may sometimes feel as ndn as my ancestors, but I am not.
                          I am listening.
                          I am learning.
                          I am making mistakes.
                          I do stay on , or close, to the path if I keep my eyes open and listen to directions from those that know.
                          It is a new concept to the white mind, but the Great Spirit is God.
                          Do not mess with God, and involve the Ancestors with out clear vision , pure heart, and wise quides.
                          There is more danger than you want.
                          ------------------
                          " We beseech and demand... that you accept the Church and the Superior Organization of the whole world and recognize the supreme Pontiff, called the Pope, and that in his name you acknowledge the King and Queen... his representatives, as the lords and superior authorities of these islands and main lands...
                          If you do not do this, or resort maliciously to delay, we warn you that, with the aid of God, we will enter your land against you with force and will make war in every place and by every means we can and are able, and we will then subject you to the yoke and authority of the church and of their Highnesses.
                          We will take you and your wives and children and make them slaves...
                          And we will take your property and will do you all the harm and evil we can..."

--The Requerimiento (read by Spanish Conquistadors to the people of the "New World" )

Comment

to all the racists that posted replies you assume much, i am not looking to become ndn, i am scottish and proud of my nation but not proud of the bloodshed and suffering the white race has caused worldwide i am on a spiritual journey that has taken over twenty years and as i am so far away the internet is the best resource i have, i am not looking to desecrate your culture but instead reach the end of the path i have been on since i was a small child, i doubt that you understand the journey as each one of us walks a different path. i am not looking for a vacation i am looking for the next step. and i know that hundreds of years of repression angers you, if you were to look at scottish history you may see many parallells, the repression we have faced by the english, unable to practice freedom of religion, our language banned, our leaders executed our way of life destroyed in years gone by so i do understand to a certain degree. i do not want exact information from anybody just contact details of those that are willing to discuss possibilities.:Argue

Comment

Originally posted by bhoy4ever
                              i do not want exact information from anybody just contact details of those that are willing to discuss possibilities.:Argue
                              What? in your ealier posts you ask if they allowed white people to dance, now you just want to discuss possibilities? Sounds like someone is speaking with forked tongue. I'm glad you are on your journey, but at who's expense and at the expense of who's culture. You indicate your people were banned from freedom of religon and not allowed to practice your language - now is the time to not just practice it but to live it, now is the time to embrace your culture instead of looking toward others for their's. But I am also glad that you understand our position and understand how protective we are of our culture because it is all we have.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                              • Tsalagi_Phoenix
                                Books!
                                by Tsalagi_Phoenix
                                It seems that all the 'what are you reading now' threads have died and I decided to make my own thread for books.

Post what you're currently reading, ask for recommendations or give recommendations, post what books you got most recently and anything else book related.

I'm...
                                02-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X