• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about insensitive!!!

WRAL.com
    noyes
    Judge Sorry For Crude Remark About Rape Victim
    POSTED: 9:31 a.m. EST January 30, 2004

SANFORD, Fla. -- A Florida judge apologized to a rape victim for suggesting she wasn't attractive enough to be raped.

He has also taken himself off the case. A judge in Florida said, "Why would he want to rape her? She doesn't look like a day at the beach," after looking at a photo of the beaten and bruised victim as attorneys were discussing a plea agreement. Should this judge be fired? YesNo

Sanford Circuit Judge Gene Stephenson said he hopes the woman accepts his apology.

Stephenson says he doesn't remember making the comment. But court transcripts showed he said, "Why would he want to rape her? She doesn't look like a day at the beach."

Stephenson made the remark after looking at a photo of the beaten and bruised victim as attorneys were discussing a plea agreement for the 26-year-old suspect, who is charged with raping, beating, kidnapping and robbing the 57-year-old woman.

The woman says she found the comment "appalling" and that she plans to file a complaint with the state Judicial Qualifications Commission.
    Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

in the words of stepfani tanner .."How Rude!":Mad
    WHEN FACED WITH A CHALLENGE, LOOK FOR A WAY NOT A WAY OUT.
    Death: The pain passes but the beauty remains.

Comment

i bet he was just cracking a joke because she was so beat up in the picture. insensitive....very. And she is probably thinking he is saying she is unattractive. You never get the whole story.

my opinion.

i think he should be reprimanded, maybe loose some pay. unless he has done stupid things in the past. if he is know for things like this than yeah can his azz.
      There are 2 types of people in the world...
      Really stupid people who think they are smart
      and
      Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

Which one you may ask?

Well you decide.....
        "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

His apologies are meaningless. He apologized only to take a bit of heat off himself. What happens next is a lawsuit that will hurt him where it hurts rich people the most. In the pocketbook.

Money is the most valuable thing to them.

Comment

No judge has the right to express their personal views on any case!! He is suppose to be impartial to either side. This is very rude and needs to be seriously addressed.
            :huddle: Learn to associate with the white man, learn his ways, get an education. With an education, you are his equal; without it, you are his victim. - Chief Plenty Coups, Crow

Comment

my thought was... what was he smoking?
              Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X