No announcement yet.

oral gratification & other things.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oral gratification & other things.....

For all you sicko's! I'm not talking bout THAT! lol!

My son is now 2 1/2 months and won't go nowheres without that damn nuk in his mouth. Grandpa says "babies need oral gratification" blah blah blah.....

Well you know baby sitters.. you lose everything cart'n baby around.. He left his nuk there! And we couldn't find it anywheres. And the nuk he has was from the hospital so it doesn't have any shape like the regular nuk's with the nipple shaped down to fit their mouths... so he wouldn't take anything! I had to give him a side of my doo doo (now I look like I have a hickey!)! But fortunatly we got it back the next day.......

I know nuk's are a modern creation... so the heck did women use for their children before...Its ugly and I wanna be done with it!!!!!!

And little man won't sleep in his own bed... I don't mind clearing off the clothes on the otherside of my bed... but how long does this last?

And any other good tricks I should know???
    "What goes around comes around. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening. Live like it's Heaven on Earth." Author-nknown

My son is due to come into the world in about 3 1/2 weeks..... so some of what you said here kinda freaked me out a bit.... oral fixations? Sheesh, one more thing nobody told us about! And since I'm technically not a baby-daddy yet, you can feel free to ignore what I say below....

I was wondering what a "nuk" was.... but my Canadian to American dictionary says it's what we call a pacifier.... "A side of my doo doo" doesn't need translation.... but I almost spewed Coke out my nose when I read that.

Anyway, I always heard that giving kids a piece of jerky to suck on (not so small that they'd be in danger of choking!) was a good deal, especially when they're teething - no rugged looking teething rings or "nuks" to worry about.

Of course, since he's a boy, I'm sure he's more than happy with the side of doo doo! HAHAHAHAHA!
    Functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism.

Comment

actually a nuk is a specially designed pacifier that resembles the nipple of a breast. You shoukld be able to get nuks at WallyWorld. I bought 4 more in additionto the ones my wife received from her showers and the hospital.

STraightdancer, enjoy your sleep while you can!!!! My 5 month old still wakes up for feedings, sometimes every 2-3 hours, sometimes every 4-5 hours. I am told ,but have not tried it, that formula will let them sleep longer b/c it takes longer for them to digest.
      Any way i need to get going, little one getting restles in lap.

MR. MOM

Comment

Moral - don't lose your nuk nuks or else you'll be in deep do do!

:rofl2:

Comment

Str8dancer,
          I would not gop on any trips at this point. My son showed up 3 weeks early. Missed a powwow and a conference for school. because he showed up that early. GOOD LUCK and keep us posted.
          J
          ERRY

Comment

The nurses tried to give my little man a soother at the hospital. I damn near threw my portable tv at them. My lil doot would only suck on the ol' doo doo.

My mom said the same thing about oral gratification. I trusted her advice untill the day she gave him a chicken bone to chew on when he was teeting.

No wonder I am the way I am haha!!
            Got percap?

Comment

saying doo doo reminds mee of my aunts and grandmas up north,

anyways i came here for some oral talk and all i got was that...
              thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Sorrry but I must be "SICK"!

Comment

I don't know about them nuks. Guess they are ok, it soothes the baby. We were all doodoo fed too and my girls were.

When we were teething babies, mama would boil up that rhine from a slab of salt pork and we'd chew on that all day. *LMAO*
                  "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

I dunno bout the Nuk thingys ...buutt my boys both didn't use them nasty sucking things lol.... yuck... its sad to see a 5-6 year old kid still sucking on a nuk/pacifier ...i always think of that so thats why i never let my kiddies use them lol... I guess there are other ways of comforting them if they need to have something in their mouths 24/7 lol...

Comment

Originally posted by injunboy
                      saying doo doo reminds mee of my aunts and grandmas up north,

anyways i came here for some oral talk and all i got was that...
                      ROFLMFAO! Too crazy. I hear ya man

Comment

I could see the faces now.. my little man coming into the daycare center with a pork rhine in his mouth and a chicken bone in his back pocket!
                        Oh dear! I just hate the look! The nuk has gotta go! But then for my sanity? Hes not a fussy baby, but he gets tired and starts mumbling around... I take it out once he falls asleep (if I'm not already asleep!)
                        But now he's grabbing it with his hands and I can see it might become a habit and I wanna get rid of the sucker asap! any good ideas......!

Didn't mean to scare you str8dancer49! LMAO!
                        "What goes around comes around. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening. Live like it's Heaven on Earth." Author-nknown

Comment

Oh my god! Talking about babies not sleeping through the night.....my son started sleeping through the night right, well he's 4 months now and it's like he decided he doesn't like sleeping or something! He eats a 6 ounce bottle in like half an hour and then sometimes he will cry for more and wake up like every 2 hours, some nights he decides to wake up every half hour! I need some advice! Anybody know some tricks? Cereal don't help either it seems like that just makes him more hungry. I don't know he isn't fat or anything either! Well he's like 15 or 16 pounds and he is about 25 inches. I tried feeding him before he goes to bed too but he absolutely refuses to eat before bed. Anybody know any tricks?
                          If you should suck my soul, I should lick your funky emotions. Nothing's good unless you play with it, play with me baby.

Did you just see what god did to us man?

If Barbie is so popular why do have to buy her friends?

Comment

Dayum..... I gotta quit reading this thread.... I knew about the sleep deprivation thing, but i thought "how bad could it be?" Dang, I swear, no matter what people tell you, it's always a bigger change/shock than you were expecting.... been that way for the last 8 months, so it'll prolly be that way from now on, eh?

My powwow road trips have already been cut WAY back.... but we're taking him to his first powwow on March 27.... for a little bit anyway - daddy accepted a head man gig a year ago and I can't wait to introduce the little guy to everyone! But mom and baby will definately head home early.

Dang, they got so many kinds of pacifiers/nuks now... nipply-shaped, contoured to the tongue, old-school, x-tra large (for rave-kids on X).... I never knew getting basic baby stuff would be so complicated

I think I'm gonna change my signature to "Look at that doo doo!"
                            Functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism.

Comment

This will sound corny but....

...we got my little guy on a routine. Doesn't always help, but it most of the time it does. momma gives him a bath and reads to him to get him konked out. He still wakes up,but she nurses him and he goes back to sleep. Also when ever he falls asl;eep, we put him in the crib to get him use to sleeping alone.

I noticed that he got out of the routine and alsowas being held all the time by his grandparents and this has affected his sleeping the past week. Hope this helps
                              Jerry

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

• namamiinc
                                Hello From FLorida
                                by namamiinc
                                I’m a new member in town` and I’m so honored to be a part of PowWow community. Hope will to get to more friends and knowledge....
                                12-01-2022, 07:14 AM
                              • OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X