Working Out..........how many of you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Out..........how many of you

How many of you guys n galz work out faithfully at the gym? I am going to be joining the gym this week. I am ........ well.....getting older......and I want to "tone up". You know when you are waving bye to someone and you stop and that under arm stuff keeps on waving diligently? *LMAO*. I'm a little nervous......but going to do it!! *huffs*
    "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

:22: :muscles:
    you just gotta get going!
    Mens inhumanity to each other is surpassed ONLY by what women do to each other.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Quote: "I blame it on my youngnessness..." BTH
    DEATH TO ALL LURKERS!!!! ME

Comment

I don't work out at the gym. I work out at home, and it's completely random. Some weeks it's four days I work out and some weeks my work out consists of getting up to turn the TV on and changing the channels.

:p

Waiting for spring to finally be here to start running. :16:

Have fun at the gym!!! and Good luck with your workouts.
      "Support Bacteria. It's the only culture some people have."

"I can't sleep, the clowns will eat me."

"Things are more like today than they ever have been."

Comment

i take yoga once a week... play flag football once a week and I run 1-2 miles like 4-5 times a week. But I need to lift weights. .... good luck w/your workouts!
        The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

I try to walk at lunch. Bicentenniel Mall is about 1/4 mile from the DHS office. There are 2 walksways-the inner one is 3/4 of a mile around, the outer 1 mile. I am doing 3 laps at a swift walk(oh it burns my leg muscles!) and the way to and from are the warm-up/cool-down times. I don't have the time to go to a gym, but I suppose I could make use of those exercise tapes I've got.

With all the frustration I deal with at work, I'm tempted to take my daughter's free-standing punching bag to work and putting it an empty cubicle to take some out on. I'd probably end up standing in line to use it.

Comment

I teach aerobics four nights a week and run 2 miles the days in between...... an practice jinglin' ;)
            Don't bring a JV player into my Varsity Game...

Comment

I work out regularly, because I don't like feeling tired and lazy. If I don't keep moving, it makes me feel... unhealthy. It gives me energy to keep up with my two young ones, and just my day in general. I'm not one of those kinds that sleep during the day... just not my style.:D

Comment

Get a partner. It makes it a lot more fun and more likely that you'll go. Also gives you someone to sorta compete against. Makes you work harder.
                A bit of health advice:
                "Every time you sit in with a drum means that you've sat in with every person who has ever sat in with that drum before."
                -Dr. Watson

Comment

The first two to three weeks are difficult to keep going regularly. If you can stick to it for three weeks it'll become habit, and log your workouts on a calender or somewhere were you can see. Eventually you will start feeling for missing workouts than looking for excuses to get out of a workout.

Workout with someone else too...
                  ***Edited for explicit content***

Comment

I work out 3-4 times a week. Could never make it to a gym with three kids, a baby daddy and a dog. I have to make sure all of the above are gone or sleep, so I work out at 5 am with a headset. I go 30-45 minutes of warm up, salsa dancing, and crunches. When I'm really daring, I fancy shawl. Got the fancy shawl dancing down to the point where I don't have asthmatic attacks or cardiac arrests anymore. Would I ever fancy dance in the arena? HELLLLLLLLL NAAAAAW!!!!
                    Last edited by Homalosa; 03-08-2004, 07:06 PM.
                    Poetry is life in print.

https://poetryislifeinprint.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/KarlieCharlesSoftball/

Comment

I work out every day during my lunch hour but I need to do more.

Comment

I haven't been going to the gym for about 4 months. There is a big difference with energy. I do feel tired alot more. I find afterwork I'm am so lazy. I've always been lazy, but...did enjoy going to the gym. LOL.

This week or next me and my fella are going to buy an eliptycal (sp?) trainer. I was gonna do the treadmill, but they have the best chances @ being a clothes rack - opposed to an exercise machine.

Sweetie...if you like a lil bit of everything. Try circuit training. Maybe just to start out. I'm not the most athletic person around, but I loved it.

Comment

Sheeshh i haven't worked out since ummmm before i had my last child :D LOL buuuttt i just "think" about working out...but thats all i do *L* with 2 kids.. and a full time job..its kinda hard to find the time to juggle that workout time in..unless i wait till midnight to go work out!! yeah right.. i'd rather be asleep

Comment

Re: Working Out..........how many of you

Originally posted by ojibwaysweetie
                            How many of you guys n galz work out faithfully at the gym? I am going to be joining the gym this week. I am ........ well.....getting older......and I want to "tone up". You know when you are waving bye to someone and you stop and that under arm stuff keeps on waving diligently? *LMAO*. I'm a little nervous......but going to do it!! *huffs*
                            Good for you!! :Thumbs

I play hockey once a week. I'm not sure what I'll do when the summer comes... I think I'll join the summer hockey program. I've tried working out.. but I'd work out one week... and three weeks would go by before I did any excercising again.

So, I'm gonna start off by walking at nights.. or after supper. I wanted to try Yogo. Been wondering if I shoulda invested in that $6 yogo video they had at WalMart. :p

Does it count if I power walk to my classes???... :Chatter :Chatter

Eeew.. reminds me of this "walking" story.. :p.... *another Rose Nylan Story* :p Picture it a hot summer day in 1999. I was walking to school... just ahead of me was another gal who went to the same school as I did. As we got to main entrance, she took off her backpack (schoolbag)... and she was all sweaty.. :rofl2:.. She had sweat marks on her back and armpits.

~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

Re: Re: Working Out..........how many of you

Originally posted by Miss_Nishnab
                              I wanted to try Yogo.
                              Yogo?!?! Is that like a combination of Yoga and Bingo?
                              A bit of health advice:
                              "Every time you sit in with a drum means that you've sat in with every person who has ever sat in with that drum before."
                              -Dr. Watson

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X