cornsoup and frybread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cornsoup and frybread

I Want some Cowboy bread!! My grand makes the best Cowboy bread and Frybead....
    Dayum I make some keen DrumSticks!!!!!!sigpic

now i want some of dat cowboy fry bread

Comment

now im hungry

it all sounds wonderful~!~!xcept
      whats cornsoup? :dontknow:
      187TatankaOyate..KingBird..DakotahHotaine..
      ..MidniteExpress'..HighLife..

..BuffaloHorse
      ..Eyabay..BattleCreek..
      BlazingSaddles..wHIteHorse

CitieHigh..BlackBearCrossing..CederCreek..
      ChinikiLake..TimberLand..TBZ..BadNation

..Estayapi..Mandaree..BLACKSTONE ..HIGHNOON..
      LakeVermillion..LittleOtter..RedBull*..LynxClan

**Sizzortail..BearCreek..WildROse..cOzad..GtO..

LynxClan..N0rtheRnCree..Tatae`Topaw..MeskwakiNatio n..
      StoneyCreek..BlackLodge..YngKingbird..
      Oyatae..

Eva-Hey Nakota
      ..RockyBoyRamblers..PonemahRamblerz..
      CumberLand.wildHorse..oGiidakii..SmokeyTown..
      NorthernWInd ojibwe plainz
      RIP lil brother

Comment

ANNNDDDd

whats cowboy bread??? :dontknow:

Comment

the cowboy bread i had was fry bread fried in a little bit of grease
          instead of deep fried are you talking about Indian corn with stew meet.

Trish

Comment

Corn soup is a sothern Great Lakes regional thing. Same goes for tripe soup (Dakotahs), mutton stew (southwest). It's not like hangover soup that everybody makes.

Corn soup is made of Indian corn. It is boiled in a water/ hardwood ash mix until soft and it is then rubbed between your hands until the outside shell comes off. Then it is thoroughly cleaned with fresh water and set aside. Now you cook a mix of white or dark or (this my fav) pinto beans with either a pork hock, chicken or (again, my fav) salt pork. Add a large chopped onion. cook for about an hour and add the corn. Cook for another hour or until the corn has popped.

The curing of the corn in the first step is vital. If it is done in the old style that I described, you'll get a delicious pot of soup.
            If the corn is done with lye, it's okay but not authentic and doesn't taste the same.

Serve with a fluffy piece of frybread. Enjoy.

It is good, trust me.

Comment

i ate this for two nights in a row....i cant find the dried corn here so my mom sent me a few boxes:D
              WHEN FACED WITH A CHALLENGE, LOOK FOR A WAY NOT A WAY OUT.
              Death: The pain passes but the beauty remains.

Comment

mmmmm dang u got me all cravin for cowboy bread! my mom makes the best!

Cowboy bread is like a fat tortilla ... fried kinda but nothing like a frybread...

Cornsoup...

we cook it with some cope's corn all boiled up in a pot and some beef tips (or deer meat) and my fam adds some pumpkin for flavor.

Man.... thanks dude now i'm all hungry. :D
                The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

I think every tribe in the US/Canada have their own version of corn soup. I like the southwest style of posole w/green chile. Yum!! But I take A/C'S versions, too. yuk-chee & softkee

Dang, I'm hungry now. It's only 10:00 a.m. I skipped breakfast.
                  Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

MMMMMMMMM yeah that sounds good...corn soup and frybread. Or anykind of soup with frybread:p :7:
                    yeah, yeah, yeah...

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?

Comment

Dang!...and I was doing good waiting for lunch...I just moved and have only one pot...good thang its a stew pot! Time to get the Cope's out!

Comment

Corn soup and Fry Bread!!! Holay Guacomole! I'm in Heaven! lol!!! :D

Comment

Moose Man makes a killer corn soup. Here's his number and you can ask him to make some. 555-corn. ok, he does make some awesome corn soup and fry bread.

I'm hungry!!!!
                          "Support Bacteria. It's the only culture some people have."

"I can't sleep, the clowns will eat me."

"Things are more like today than they ever have been."

Comment

Originally posted by MissGolightly
                            Moose Man makes a killer corn soup. Here's his number and you can ask him to make some. 555-corn. ok, he does make some awesome corn soup and fry bread.

I'm hungry!!!!
                            Is it on your speed dial missgo?

:D could go for some corn soup and corn bread right about now. My mom makes the best of both.

Comment

yummy yummy...

I love corn soup!! I usually order my corn from the Oneida tribal cupboard :Chatter my fren turned me on to that - an put some beans in an some onion and seasonings an salt pork, and I usually make it with frybread or skillet bread - never had cowboy bread :dontknow: but it sounds good!! ;)
                              Don't bring a JV player into my Varsity Game...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                              • namamiinc
                                Hello From FLorida
                                by namamiinc
                                I’m a new member in town` and I’m so honored to be a part of PowWow community. Hope will to get to more friends and knowledge....
                                12-01-2022, 07:14 AM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X