Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiwehnzii
    replied
    Corn soup is a sothern Great Lakes regional thing. Same goes for tripe soup (Dakotahs), mutton stew (southwest). It's not like hangover soup that everybody makes.

Corn soup is made of Indian corn. It is boiled in a water/ hardwood ash mix until soft and it is then rubbed between your hands until the outside shell comes off. Then it is thoroughly cleaned with fresh water and set aside. Now you cook a mix of white or dark or (this my fav) pinto beans with either a pork hock, chicken or (again, my fav) salt pork. Add a large chopped onion. cook for about an hour and add the corn. Cook for another hour or until the corn has popped.

The curing of the corn in the first step is vital. If it is done in the old style that I described, you'll get a delicious pot of soup.
    If the corn is done with lye, it's okay but not authentic and doesn't taste the same.

Serve with a fluffy piece of frybread. Enjoy.

It is good, trust me.

Leave a comment:

• FAITH
    replied
    the cowboy bread i had was fry bread fried in a little bit of grease
    instead of deep fried are you talking about Indian corn with stew meet.

Leave a comment:

• BurBz
    replied
    ANNNDDDd

whats cowboy bread??? :dontknow:

Leave a comment:

• shorty
    replied
    now im hungry

it all sounds wonderful~!~!xcept
    whats cornsoup? :dontknow:

Leave a comment:

• SnAgGiN*HoNeY
    replied
    now i want some of dat cowboy fry bread

Leave a comment:

• TacO5000
    started a topic cornsoup and frybread

cornsoup and frybread

I Want some Cowboy bread!! My grand makes the best Cowboy bread and Frybead....

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
    Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
    by OLChemist
    *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
    06-21-2021, 01:08 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X