Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acgal
    replied
    Man guys! I was just about to go home and enjoy my spam but now it won't taste the same!! :rofl2:

Leave a comment:

• superndngyrl
    replied
    Originally posted by superndngyrl
    hot stuff aka kickapoo chili! mmmmm quit it! you're making me all homesick and hungry at the same time. :D

awww... i just noticed my posts tooo... i lost like 3000 of em.

Leave a comment:

• superndngyrl
    replied
    Originally posted by NDNTacO49
    Man us Kickapoo's we have this dish we call it Hot Stuff man its tha bomb!! cowboy bread is a southerplains NDN thang!!! ya know!

hot stuff aka kickapoo chili! mmmmm quit it! you're making me all homesick and hungry at the same time. :D

Leave a comment:

• Red_Passion49
    replied
    Jus gimmee a Bologna sammich.....I dont care.....even if the bread is all hard......

Leave a comment:

• Dazzle_me_now
    replied
    I'll send you some Blue Bird!

Leave a comment:

• *-merk-*
    replied
    but i used all the flour last night when i made naneeskaadi!
    :Chatter

Leave a comment:

• Dazzle_me_now
    replied
    Originally posted by *-merk-*
    my moms makes "cowboy bread" sometimes MmmmmMMmm :)

cornbread n fries ... i mean .. cornsoup and frybread ... sounds good :Frog
    tell her to make me some fren!! *L*
    (just so I know what it is!) ;)

Leave a comment:

• *-merk-*
    replied
    my moms makes "cowboy bread" sometimes MmmmmMMmm :)

cornbread n fries ... i mean .. cornsoup and frybread ... sounds good :Frog

Leave a comment:

• storm
    replied
    Corn soup is The staple at all feasts and powow dinners down here, others things may come and go but there is always corn soup
    As allready mentioned down here it is Copes parched corn and beef tips or fresh pork. Not too many years ago folks parched thier own sweet corn scraped off the roasting ears (you guys probably call it corn on the cob) Spread it on sheets and let it dry a day or two in the June sun.
    The other kind of corn is Hominy. Which my family eats two or three times a week. Not used on corn soup.
    The usual down here for almost every tribe is corn soup, fry bread, steam fry, green beans and potatos and fruit. After this different tribes have specialties, Boiled spiced peaches, and candied hubbard squash etc. My mom, aunts ,Grandma and great grandma were all famous powow cooks down here. I grew up building fire. I have a barn full of kettles, and wash tubs they all cooked in ( and we still do)

Leave a comment:

• *Kwe_Zee*
    replied
    All the kids used to run to the house when my aunt was making Pinaboo... it was legendary.:D

Leave a comment:

• TacO5000
    replied
    Man us Kickapoo's we have this dish we call it Hot Stuff man its tha bomb!! cowboy bread is a southerplains NDN thang!!! ya know!

Leave a comment:

• Lakota_Lady
    replied
    My Grams used to make ga-boo-boo bread and something called flour pudding. It was great! :ready2eat

Now I'm hungry and a little lonesome too!:(

Leave a comment:

• foxnationwoman
    replied
    Ga-boo-boo bread for me
    with some strawberry jam on it!!

Leave a comment:

• Dazzle_me_now
    replied
    Originally posted by Burberrilish
    ANNNDDDd

whats cowboy bread??? :dontknow:
    Char... for once I said the same thing as you!!
    "whats cowboy bread?"

I even google'd it! (to see a pic)

Leave a comment:

• ojibwaysweetie
    replied
    yep Meez....I had that piniiwaboo up in Minnesota too....and they make it good up there also! ALMOST like my mamas. :D

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• namamiinc
    Hello From FLorida
    by namamiinc
    I’m a new member in town` and I’m so honored to be a part of PowWow community. Hope will to get to more friends and knowledge....
    Today, 07:14 AM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X