Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prayer Circle...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Prayers

    Friends and Loved Ones
    I have a very good online friend from Queensland I have known a long time and he was 1500 miles from home working and got sick and found out he has a brain tumor! This stabs me right in the heart with fear for him. I watched the closest person to me in the world, my Mom die from a brain tumor. I beg and beseech each and every one of you to pray for my friend! He is a very dear kindhearted person. He is known online as Ice or Ice Lord.
    Thank You Very Much!!!!
    Tosa Nakaai

    Comment


    • Danny 69, you have what ever prayers I can give.
      I would like to ask for prayers for a 5 year old boy who was hit by a car when he went into the street after a ball. He has a fractured skull, shattered cheekbone, broken jaw, broken ribs, and compound fracture of the arm. He also has bruised lungs and heart, a concussion, and they had to remove his spleen. He has had 2 surgeries so far, 1 was to control bleeding in the brain. The mother is a single mother and is beside herself. She can't sleep or eat since this happened Tuesday afternoon. Please pray for them both.

      Comment


      • Aho. My first post.....

        Comment


        • Dakota

          Dakota,
          He has my prayers. Poor kid. We lost a young boy here. He and his family lived on Lake Palestine, which is a huge lake. He found a small flat bottom boat someone had left setting on the bank and took it out in the lake alone and fell out and drowned. He was only 9 and just wanted to go fishing. It took them three days to find the body. As you can imagine the family is devastated!. Please remember them in your prayers.And Thank You For remembering Ice Lord in your prayers too!
          Thank You!!!!
          Danny Tosa Nakaai

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 69_Danny_69
            Dakota,
            He has my prayers. Poor kid. We lost a young boy here. He and his family lived on Lake Palestine, which is a huge lake. He found a small flat bottom boat someone had left setting on the bank and took it out in the lake alone and fell out and drowned. He was only 9 and just wanted to go fishing. It took them three days to find the body. As you can imagine the family is devastated!. Please remember them in your prayers.And Thank You For remembering Ice Lord in your prayers too!
            Thank You!!!!
            Danny Tosa Nakaai
            I will keep the young boy in my prayers, as I will the others that have been mentioned...

            Thank you for posting - and keep the faith!
            Everything is gonna be alright!

            Be blessed - got love???

            This b me.....

            www.myspace.com/akayo

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dakota Wica'hpi Ina
              Danny 69, you have what ever prayers I can give.
              I would like to ask for prayers for a 5 year old boy who was hit by a car when he went into the street after a ball. He has a fractured skull, shattered cheekbone, broken jaw, broken ribs, and compound fracture of the arm. He also has bruised lungs and heart, a concussion, and they had to remove his spleen. He has had 2 surgeries so far, 1 was to control bleeding in the brain. The mother is a single mother and is beside herself. She can't sleep or eat since this happened Tuesday afternoon. Please pray for them both.
              Prayers went up for this lil' guy!
              "Riches from the heart can not be stolen."

              Comment


              • One of my elders was driving along a mountain canyon highway in the Washington Cascades near her hometown about a month or so ago. Some kids in an oncoming car were swerving around and forced her off the road, her foot slipped off the brake and she hit gravel and crashed into the trees and brush. She is in her early-mid 70's, living in tribal housing on a tiny, mountain rez. Currently she has an aide living with her while she recovers. Last I chatted with her, she still has alot of pain and cannot raise her arms above shoulder level. In her same family, a 10 year old boy was bouncing on a bed, fell off and hit his head. The boy had seizures off and on for several weeks after that. It has been a year, the seizures have been gone for several months but the boy is still on antiseizure meds and the family doc says he will probably have to be on them for life.

                This is in a tribe with less than 200 members, which has been in political turmoil for several generations. Recently, one of the two dominant family groups wrested control from their opponent family in a council election. There is much bitterness between the factions and I would not be surprised if a family abused powerful medicine practices to harm the other. Regardless of one's traditions, there is only one Creator and He has only one perfect will. May His will be done to bring closure to this situation as well as healing for the elder and her grandson.
                "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
                Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Wakalapi
                  One of my elders was driving along a mountain canyon highway in the Washington Cascades near her hometown about a month or so ago. Some kids in an oncoming car were swerving around and forced her off the road, her foot slipped off the brake and she hit gravel and crashed into the trees and brush. She is in her early-mid 70's, living in tribal housing on a tiny, mountain rez. Currently she has an aide living with her while she recovers. Last I chatted with her, she still has alot of pain and cannot raise her arms above shoulder level. In her same family, a 10 year old boy was bouncing on a bed, fell off and hit his head. The boy had seizures off and on for several weeks after that. It has been a year, the seizures have been gone for several months but the boy is still on antiseizure meds and the family doc says he will probably have to be on them for life.

                  This is in a tribe with less than 200 members, which has been in political turmoil for several generations. Recently, one of the two dominant family groups wrested control from their opponent family in a council election. There is much bitterness between the factions and I would not be surprised if a family abused powerful medicine practices to harm the other. Regardless of one's traditions, there is only one Creator and He has only one perfect will. May His will be done to bring closure to this situation as well as healing for the elder and her grandson.
                  Amen - I will pray for this group of people - it is so sad when people misuse their power... but unfortunately - it does happen.
                  Everything is gonna be alright!

                  Be blessed - got love???

                  This b me.....

                  www.myspace.com/akayo

                  Comment


                  • we have had a alot of deaths on our reserve this month, one being an uncle of mine. I dont know if its like this everyelse in Indian country but it where I come from death happens in threes, and then nothing for awhile but always in threes. Anyway, My prayers to all the families that have lost a loved

                    ~~~ Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. ~~~


                    Comment


                    • 3 will leave...

                      Originally posted by AngelFeather
                      we have had a alot of deaths on our reserve this month, one being an uncle of mine. I dont know if its like this everyelse in Indian country but it where I come from death happens in threes, and then nothing for awhile but always in threes. Anyway, My prayers to all the families that have lost a loved
                      Death happens in threes on my Rez in WA state as well. Same exact thing like your home. No deaths for awhile, then it starts up. I don't know why its like that, but it happens for a reason. My prayers to you and your family for your loss.
                      sigpic
                      R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...





                      Comment


                      • My prayers to everyone on this thread, Were in need of your prayers My cousin's son Don who just turned 17 was in a car accident. he & a a group of friends were coming home from a hunting trip and a drunk driver hit his car dead on, well now Don is in the Hospital in intensive care, His spine was almost severed
                        between the 7th and 8th vertebra.They are going to take a bone from his hip and fuse it to the shatterd spine and put him in a body cast.Then he will be in a halo, so far he cannot feel anything from his chest down he may never walk again, He doesn't know it but the other young man in the other vehicle was killed. He will be told later. He is so young it makes me cry!!
                        Thank you
                        don't you be wastin' all your money
                        on syrup and honey because i'm sweet enough





                        Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

                        Comment


                        • I hope he is going to be okay Ginger...my prayers to you and your family.
                          sigpic
                          R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...





                          Comment


                          • Prayers

                            Originally posted by Ginger
                            My prayers to everyone on this thread, Were in need of your prayers My cousin's son Don who just turned 17 was in a car accident. he & a a group of friends were coming home from a hunting trip and a drunk driver hit his car dead on, well now Don is in the Hospital in intensive care, His spine was almost severed
                            between the 7th and 8th vertebra.They are going to take a bone from his hip and fuse it to the shatterd spine and put him in a body cast.Then he will be in a halo, so far he cannot feel anything from his chest down he may never walk again, He doesn't know it but the other young man in the other vehicle was killed. He will be told later. He is so young it makes me cry!!
                            Thank you
                            Prayers to you and your family Ginger

                            ~~~ Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. ~~~


                            Comment


                            • Update

                              Thought I'd let you all know about the little guy...
                              He's had his cheeckbone replaced in a surgery and is now out of the coma, but is not very responsive to his environment. They are going to start testing for brain damage soon. The bones are healing but the mind is unknown. His mom is going back to work or there won't be a home to return to. We're going to hold a fundraiser for them soon. I'm praying all.

                              Comment


                              • Oh, no.

                                That's terrible..... I'll praying for you and your family hard.

                                I hate drunk driver.
                                Visit my Website & Forums: Native American & Cherokee Cultural Community. If you're interest it, sign up, feel free and hope to see you on the boards!

                                Comment

                                Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                                Related Topics

                                Collapse

                                • silvermoon2012
                                  Prayers for Trinity
                                  by silvermoon2012
                                  I have a friend whose grand daughter is in Nation wide children's hospital. She is is pretty bad shape and they don't know if she will make it. I am lighting a candle for her on my altar and Trinity Hope's grand father is asking for people to pray for her and send positive energy to her and her family....
                                  01-19-2013, 04:21 PM
                                • <_-~*No_nutts*~-_>
                                  Is it bad?
                                  by <_-~*No_nutts*~-_>
                                  So I've been seeing all these commercials on t.v. about talking to your kids about not smoking and not doing drugs. one of my daughter's grandparents (actually all of them) smoke cigs, and my daughter is 2 about to be 3 in Feb. and I've been teaching her that cigs are bad and you shouldn't smoke. So...
                                  12-23-2003, 10:10 PM
                                • LoneWolfBunn
                                  Just another cure for cancer they don't want you to know about
                                  by LoneWolfBunn
                                  One of the alternative medicines I hear very little about - are our own. One NDN cancer medicine is more widely spoken of and believed effective by whitemen across the ocean - than by our own people. It was made famous by a Canadian nurse named Renee Caisse. Though this medicine cured many terminally...
                                  01-20-2006, 01:20 AM
                                • kiowakat
                                  disrespect to the elders at pow-wow
                                  by kiowakat
                                  This is to expose wannabe's and bleeding hearts for the wannabe's that are disrespectful to elders at pow-wows....

                                  and I'm posting this cause I love my mom and I know people that know her love her too...my mom is a very simple person would give you the last of anything she had....well
                                  ...
                                  04-29-2006, 09:53 AM
                                • WhoMe
                                  The negative side of powwows
                                  by WhoMe
                                  There are many reasons to go to powwows. The family activity aspect, the intertribal aspect, the dancing to a common drumbeat aspect, the comroderie aspect, the cultural aspect, etc. etc. etc.

                                  But there are also negative aspects that deserve comment...

                                  I recently went back...
                                  07-23-2010, 12:09 PM

                                Trending

                                Collapse

                                • OLChemist
                                  Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                  by OLChemist
                                  *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

                                  Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                  06-21-2021, 12:08 PM
                                • Tsalagi_Phoenix
                                  Books!
                                  by Tsalagi_Phoenix
                                  It seems that all the 'what are you reading now' threads have died and I decided to make my own thread for books.

                                  Post what you're currently reading, ask for recommendations or give recommendations, post what books you got most recently and anything else book related.

                                  I'm...
                                  02-16-2012, 07:46 PM
                                Working...
                                X