• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mato Winyan
    Lovin' life,
    • Mar 2000

Prayer Circle...

To those of you that may be offended I apologize. To those that wish not to participate.. no hard feelings. But I have thought about this and feel that some may benefit from having a place to be able to ask for prayer. Others could benefit from knowing how to direct some of their prayers for others.

What my intention is here is to let people state their requests. Others that feel called to read them and to add them to their own private prayer time away from the computer. And not to feel the need to type prayers out but instead making a personal time to lift them and others up.

With that being said there are two people on here that have little ones that can use prayer right now. One is W30 and her daughter Sonnette. She had her surgery yesterday and had to have the whole kidney removed. She is now afraid of going to sleep, because she thinks she may have to have more surgery. They are not letting her have any food or drink right now and not even ice. It is hard on her and the whole family. I ask for them to be lifted up.

The second one is Prairie Storm 2000's middle daughter... She has been ill and the doctor's are not sure what the problem may be. She is in an awful lot of pain and does not want to eat. Please lift up this family and the doctors.

Thank you!
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume
  • Singing Otter
    Gotz ta be me!
    • Apr 2000

Done. Everyone has different ways to pray..... different beliefs but one thing remains the same,,,,,,,, they are heard. I think it's a good idea.
    SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

• spottedeagle
      FANMAKR
      • Feb 2003

I think this is a great idea!!!!!

Wether you pray or just think good thoughts for the person/people I trully believe it does help.
      The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
      -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

• Ntvmanness
        Junior Dancer
        • Mar 2003

Mato you cool.

Comment

• traci_m
          Circus Director
          • Aug 2002

I think this is a good idea too, no matter what one may personally believe. :Thumbs

Comment

• Mato Winyan
            Lovin' life,
            • Mar 2000

Glad you are hearing my heart and intentions here. While "I" know what "I" mean when I say prayer... (thoughts, meditations, songs, writings, encouragements) I didn't know how others would view it and might misundersand where I was coming from.

Thanks for the kind words. I really do appreciate it and know good things will happen.
            "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

• moose man
              Senior Dancer
              • Dec 2002

good ones mato , you know that i got good words for all at that time of need ,

Comment

• Carolann
                Junior Dancer
                • Mar 2003

GREAT IDEA ! And Please for EVERY ONE who posts on this keep us informed on how things are going . I know I will do my share in prayers and thoughts for every one .

Comment

• LittleCricket
                  PowWows.com Addicts
                  • Jun 2002

thanks for starting this thread , mato :) :Thumbs
                  Life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved

Comment

• Wakalapi
                    www.wakalapi.com
                    • Jun 2001

I think it's a grand idea. Whatya think about having it in its own category? Like we have the games, war discussion and introductions? That way it might not get "buried" under piles of other new threads whenever the usual surge of posting happens.
                    "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
                    Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

• White Powwow Dancer
                      Biboon omaa
                      • Oct 2000

Hi Mato
                      Chi Migwetch for prayer
                      Asema Is Sacred
                      Traditional Use, Not Misuse
                      Wakan Tanka please have compassion on me.
                      OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Comment

• sonny453
                        Junior Dancer
                        • Jan 2002

Re: Prayer Circle...

Originally posted by Mato Winyan

One is W30 and her daughter Sonnette. She had her surgery yesterday and had to have the whole kidney removed. She is now afraid of going to sleep, because she thinks she may have to have more surgery. They are not letting her have any food or drink right now and not even ice. It is hard on her and the whole family. I ask for them to be lifted up.

The second one is Prairie Storm 2000's middle daughter... She has been ill and the doctor's are not sure what the problem may be. She is in an awful lot of pain and does not want to eat. Please lift up this family and the doctors.

Thank you!

CREATOR:

in your son's name Jesus Christ i ask you to have pity on these young people and give them a cure....i will pray for them in my sundance that starts this tue. the 17th at Morley Alberta, Canada..
                        Last edited by sonny453; 06-15-2003, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• Nooksak
                          Junior Dancer
                          • May 2003

a friend of myfamily was stabbed a few days ago during a peaceful protest in SD over tribasl buril grounds, she is in critical condinton she jus tunderwent surgery and the docoter messed up, and so she is going under again at 9:00 am so please pray for her(in waht ever way you do) for her health and welbeing.

miigwich

Nook:Cry :Cry
                          "Be what you is, not what you ain't, 'cause when you is what you ain't,then you ain't what you is."

"remember an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth! that wayt the whole world will be blind and toothles!

Comment

• David Schneider
                            Ug!
                            • May 2002

For these who have asked for prayer and for those in need of prayer, I join my thoughts and intentions. Lord, have mercy.

To the one beyond definition or name, whom many call "Lord" I give thanks for the gift of effectual prayer where two or more gather, even on line.
                            Why do they keep calling me Uk Shan?

Comment

• Tsiniti
                              Dancin n Vendin
                              • Aug 2002

I add my prayers and thoughts to the ones of the others! Many prayers, many smiles, many gentle hugs.
                              Your Heart Shows by how Your Words and Actions Affect Others.

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.