Favorite smells and what they remind you of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite smells and what they remind you of

so what are your favorite smells that bring back your fondest memories?

Mine is Lilacs in the Spring - because they remind me of my grandmother's gardens.
    http://www.kimandrobin.com

Wood fire, Wind Dry Fish, Tea, Rose Scented Hand Lotion,

...good memories when i was a kid.

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
    When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Comment

great thread
      once i was an adult, it took me years to find this particular perfume ... this perfume is what my mom wore when i was a baby and to this day i could still smell that perfume (imagine it) and it always brings back happy memories. after years of searching i found it, it's called 'crismon' (spelling?) i never asked my mom, because i wanted to surprize her and boy -- i sure did, so, i ordered two of them and then gave one to my mom as a gift and told her of how, i never forgot that.
      Inuk*

"A person who works with their hands is a laborer,
      A person who works with their hands & their brain is a craftsman,
      A person who works with their brain & their heart ... is an Artist".
      Join my on my face book fan page:

Comment

I love Cinnymon, cuz it reminds me of my mom baking when I was a kid.

Lilac reminds me of my grandma's yard, too.

I still wear Love's Baby Soft cuz it reminds me of all my good friends back in Junior High.
        ...it is what it is...

Comment

lol..Wyo...i still wear my fav from high school too.....those were some wicked good times:-)

*Kalilsha*

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose
            I love Cinnymon, cuz it reminds me of my mom baking when I was a kid.

Lilac reminds me of my grandma's yard, too.

I still wear Love's Baby Soft cuz it reminds me of all my good friends back in Junior High.

I love baby soft too... its good stuff...

well this isnt a perfume.. but the smell of rail road ties... LOL.. weird YES.. so ill explain...

I use to go piking wild straw berries with My grandma on the rez when i was a real young girl... everytime i smelt that smell i thought of my grandma growin up... i missed her so much.. Luckily i was able to make it back home before she passed and have One more wild strawberry pikin occasion with her. I told her about how that smell reminded me of her and she got up, grabed her scarf and said lets go baby girl lets go get us sum strawberries... Ill never ferget her... I love and miss her so Much

We use to walk along the rail road traks just talking and piking berries... hence why the smell of the ties brings back good memories.

~~~ Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. ~~~

Comment

What good memories!! Grandma's and friends!!
              ...it is what it is...

Comment

Ok....enough saccharine ones...how's about:
                Cheap perfume, candlelight, whiskey...and ????

Comment

when we burn cedar it reminds me of my grandpa Silverhorn!! and another smell that reminds me of my grandma is mothballs, she use to put them in the dresser drawers and when it was bedtime she would give me one of my grandpa's t-shirts to sleep in. so now when i open my featherbox the moth crystals come whofting out and i think of my grandparents :)

Comment

Originally posted by colonah04
                    Ok....enough saccharine ones...how's about:
                    Cheap perfume, candlelight, whiskey...and ????

LOL

Crazy...Cinnamon Flavored Whiskey...good perfume and Dashboard light and the backseat of the car scent....yuuup..

*Kalilsha*

Comment

Gasoline...lol...dont ask

*Kalilsha*

Comment

that 'new' truck smell ... reminds me of a new truck ... lmebo
                        Inuk*

Comment

cedar burning....reminds me of my dad and our ceremonies and prayers we do

rain....growing up and playing He-Man and GI Joe in the mud with my cousins...lol (I was a tomboy)

popcorn...reminds me of walking into the gym before we had to play a basketball game in high school

Just to name a few for right now........
                          .....Certain Things Catch Your Eyes...Pursue Only Those That Capture Your Heart.....

Comment

RAIN...cus it always rains here....but being out at the river and hearing the rush of the water and smelling the rain...well...u know what i mean...lol

*Kalilsha*

Comment

Making home made, bread/baking, reminds me of helping my mom knead it - when i was a lil' grass hopper ... when that bread bowl was bigger then me ... lmebo
                              Inuk*

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X