Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Count in Hex ...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    S*H*I*T I am a gonner on this!!! Clueless...
    Damme ape’semmai, "Andabichidaiboonee’ gimmadu’i.Wihyu memme hainjinee’ nahandu’i. Enne wizha sudei’ tsaangu mabizhiahkande," mai.

    The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

    The Creator sure had a strange sense of humor!

    Comment


    • #32
      Me too! But i think the next one is
      12?
      (which would actually be 18?)
      This is a crazy game ennit?
      Techno what are we doing here? Lol...
      90% Angel
      10% Lil Devil


      But I've been told it's the other way around!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Plenty Fox & Proud
        S*H*I*T I am a gonner on this!!! Clueless...
        Refers to the base-16 number system, which consists of 16 unique symbols: the numbers 0 to 9 and the letters A to F. For example, the decimal number 15 is represented as F in the hexadecimal numbering system. The hexadecimal system is useful because it can represent every byte (8 bits) as two consecutive hexadecimal digits. It is easier for humans to read hexadecimal numbers than binary numbers. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

        To convert a value from hexadecimal to binary, you merely translate each hexadecimal digit into its 4-bit binary equivalent. Hexadecimal numbers have either an 0x prefix or an h suffix. For example, the hexadecimal number <o:p></o:p>

        0x3F7A <o:p></o:p>

        translates to the following binary number: <o:p></o:p>

        0011 1111 0111 1010<o:p></o:p>

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by ~pathwalker~
          Me too! But i think the next one is
          12?
          (which would actually be 18?)
          This is a crazy game ennit?
          Techno what are we doing here? Lol...

          Computers "think" in Binary code, or Base Two (0s and 1s). But that is very hard for humans to read, so computer programmers have a special code they use when talking to computers; it's called Hexadecimal Code. It's easier to read than Binary code, but a whole lot harder to read than English! For instance, to describe the primary color of money, we don't say "green", we say "C0F3C0", and the computer understands exactly what we mean.

          Comment


          • #35
            Thats what you meant by word game! Thanx. I get the idea, but still cant play. Maybe my computer can help me? Just kidding. I have learned something though. Thanx for that.
            90% Angel
            10% Lil Devil


            But I've been told it's the other way around!

            Comment


            • #36
              13

              Comment


              • #37
                14
                90% Angel
                10% Lil Devil


                But I've been told it's the other way around!

                Comment


                • #38
                  OH! I get it now but what happens after 1f, is it 20 or 110?
                  Last edited by ~pathwalker~; 07-18-2005, 02:46 PM.
                  90% Angel
                  10% Lil Devil


                  But I've been told it's the other way around!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno
                    Refers to the base-16 number system, which consists of 16 unique symbols: the numbers 0 to 9 and the letters A to F. For example, the decimal number 15 is represented as F in the hexadecimal numbering system. The hexadecimal system is useful because it can represent every byte (8 bits) as two consecutive hexadecimal digits. It is easier for humans to read hexadecimal numbers than binary numbers. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

                    To convert a value from hexadecimal to binary, you merely translate each hexadecimal digit into its 4-bit binary equivalent. Hexadecimal numbers have either an 0x prefix or an h suffix. For example, the hexadecimal number <o:p></o:p>

                    0x3F7A <o:p></o:p>

                    translates to the following binary number: <o:p></o:p>

                    0011 1111 0111 1010<o:p></o:p>
                    But I only have ten fingers or maybe I don't?
                    Damme ape’semmai, "Andabichidaiboonee’ gimmadu’i.Wihyu memme hainjinee’ nahandu’i. Enne wizha sudei’ tsaangu mabizhiahkande," mai.

                    The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

                    The Creator sure had a strange sense of humor!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Only way to find out is to get there:

                      15

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        10

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by jones
                          10
                          The last hexidecimal number was 15, so this one should have been 16.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            HAPPY BIRTHDAY TA'NEESZAHNII TECHNO! Hope ya have a great one!
                            <a href='http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZN' target='_blank'><img src='http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_23_9.gif' border=0></a>
                            90% Angel
                            10% Lil Devil


                            But I've been told it's the other way around!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Yeah, happy b-day! And it would seem that I'm not the ONLY computer nerd on powwows.com! (sorry to call you a nerd, maybe that's not the right term, please forgive me). My co-worker and I actually just had a conversation about hex today. Do you do colors for programs or some other specialty?

                              Maybe it would help people if they saw what the mathematics were in example form:

                              0x17 == (1*16)+7= 23
                              Last edited by andre; 07-22-2005, 11:34 PM.
                              A tater tot is worth a thousand fries.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                18 ==> (1*16)+8=24
                                A tater tot is worth a thousand fries.

                                Comment

                                Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                                Loading...

                                Trending

                                Collapse

                                There are no results that meet this criteria.

                                Sidebar Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X