-ISMS Confession Time:FOODISMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -ISMS Confession Time:FOODISMS

I'm going to start a few threads about -ISMS Confession Time.....feel free to start your own if you'd like....

This one is on FOODISMS---Give us your FOODISMS, your strange
    eating habits, strange food habits etc.....other threads can be
    started in similar tone....

I'll start....I have TONS of FOODISMS....I'm weird about food

If I'm eating anything that has liquid in it...and it's liquidy..I do not want in on my plate..Like..if collard greens are on the menu, they are super duper liquidy and I will only want them in a bowl, because I don't want everything else on my plate to taste like collards, especially my cornbread...it just soaks all that collardy goodness up...bleh!!..who wants soggy bread??

Also, I like corn, and I like Okra, and I like tomatoes.....but I will not eat a dish called corn, okra and tomatoes, where those three items are cooked together in one dish, BUT....If I make soup, I usually put in corn, and okra and tomatoes, but it has other things in there too and I WILL eat that, but wont eat just those three things together......

AND when I put things on my plate, I don't really like for them to touch.............

weird huh?

WHat are your FOODISMS???

No nuts in your brownies...Only a certain brand of Mayo?.........

Come on Confess.....
    I will be a good girl , I will be a good girl, I will be a good girl......awe hell, we know this ain't gonna happen....

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"

my cow intestines must be crispy, not slimy and green.
    Wanjica Infinity No One

Comment

Originally posted by wanjica_the_one View Post
      my cow intestines must be crispy, not slimy and green.
      Mmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

I don't have many foodisms. Never been a picky eater. I'll eat most anything. But...

I eat one thing at a time. No taking a bite of this, then a bite of that. I usually start with the meat then work my way clockwise around the plate.

I don't care if my food touches, but I agree that if something is really soupy, I'd rather it be in a bowl. Don't need a bunch of corn juice (or whatever) all over my chicken fried steak!

With bread, it depends on the type of bread and the juice. Normally, I don't want my bread getting wet/soggy. Some exceptions: white bread to sop up extra bbq sauce; white bread to sop up steak juice; corn bread and corned beef and cabbage - it's okay if the cornbread soaks up some cabbage juice. Same thing with turnips. It's fine if the cornbread soaks up the turnip juice.

I'm very easy to please when it comes to food!
        sigpic

Comment

I usually eat a mixture of my food all together but don't like them touching on my plate. Weird I know...so a sliver of chicken, a bit of rice and a broccoli sprout. I also used to love mayo on toast...well miracle whip, hellmans is just wrong IMO.

Comment

OH MY...I'm not a fan of the MIRACLE WHIP....can't handle it and I don't know why....It just doesn't go well on the palate for me for some reason......

Mayo on toast is a butter bread sammich in my family...(where as butter on bread is butter bread..) ( yeah I know..weird)

and I'll tell you why I have foodsisms....I blame MAMA...yes...here's her biggest and best and worst foodism by far......the Construction of a Hamburger.............I thought I was strange....When my mama makes a hamburger to eat its like this...bun on left side , bun on right side....mayo on left side, onion on right side, both white, can't touch..mustard on left side, cheese on right side, both yellow, can't touch, lettuce on left side, pickle on right side...both green can't touch....ketchup on left side....tomatoe on right side...both red, can't touch...get the picture...then she puts the burger pattie between the two sides and enjoys....
            I will be a good girl , I will be a good girl, I will be a good girl......awe hell, we know this ain't gonna happen....

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"

Comment

Miracle whip in potato salad; mayo in coleslaw.
              ...it is what it is...

Comment

Guess I am a critter here too,,, I hate most vegis and love only LEAN meat... gristle and fat are a huge turn off. So when I can I butcher my own meat and leave plenty for the dog!!!

Brocoli that is covered in aphids is nasty, we can cook it all we want and they survive... saw that on tv and since then I hate the little green bugs,, let them have their home. If we eat them... they don't digest either,,,, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Real good about meats if they are done well. Can't stand half raw meat either,,, yet my mom took raw burger and egg and ate that on sandwiches... another yuck for me.

Dad absolutely gets the heaves with melted cheese!!!

Love most fruits but can't stand cranberries... seeing them is bad enough.
                I agree with the wet dripping vegis,,, nasty to see all that water on a plate,, I drain the ones I eat and melt a touch of real butter on mine.

Margarine is another big NO NO for me... it is only one molecule away from plastic so eat the container while you are at it,, same amount of goodness in it!!!!!
                Real butter is the only one for me. I use unsalted as I tend to stay the fudge away from salt as much as I can. In fact people are shocked that I tend to cook without it and they toss spoon fulls on everything. So my salt container may last me years.
                Artificial sweetners is another nasty... use maple syrup,, good for you. It is the juice from a tree and keeps it alive,, not preserved.

Guess I am a fuss bucket!!! LOL
                Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
                Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

Humm Im going to have to think about this one. I do know I have fav forks lol I like to use forks, spoons that have a plastic handle. My fav set was what we got at our wedding and that was 17 yrs ago this july and im down to one fork ! I have looked all over but im thinking that style has went the way of the doh doh bird lol Oh and no liquid on foods unless theyw ere meant to be there. I will pour juices from tomatoes on my frybread when im eating a ndn taco hubby always cringes but I like it :)
                  I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tibiki Kinew View Post
                    Margarine is another big NO NO for me... it is only one molecule away from plastic so eat the container while you are at it,, same amount of goodness in it!!!!!
                    Real butter is the only one for me.
                    I HAVE THE EXACT SAME FEELING ON THIS!!

I use unsalted as I tend to stay the fudge away from salt as much as I can. In fact people are shocked that I tend to cook without it and they toss spoon fulls on everything. So my salt container may last me years.
                    I'm not much on salting as well...my family and friends are used to it though and know they will have to salt to taste...

Artificial sweetners is another nasty
                    I can't use them, they give me migraines....I think I've come to love the "USE IT IN ITS NATURAL FORM" philospy , it seems to work best for me...

Comment

I like to have nice forks and spoons. If they are a rough edge like the cheap ones, I'd rather use plastic...plus some of them taste metallic.
                      ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                        I like to have nice forks and spoons. If they are a rough edge like the cheap ones, I'd rather use plastic...plus some of them taste metallic.
                        I so know what your talking about!!! I will pick threw the silver wear to get to one that isnt sharp, and I wont buy cheapo sets for my house no,no, no.
                        I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
                          I so know what your talking about!!! I will pick threw the silver wear to get to one that isnt sharp, and I wont buy cheapo sets for my house no,no, no.
                          okay, so why do you both eat the silverware instead of using them to eat food????? LOL good one,,, I hate plastic ones and my silverware is silver not stainless from tie-one-on (taiwan)!!!!
                          Chinese cutlery is so called stainless but rusts if even left in the sink!!! That sucks.
                          Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
                          Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

If you go to Ross or TJ Maxx, you can find a good set of stainless flatwear made in the USA or Canada for like $9.00.
                            ...it is what it is...

Comment

Agreed on the butter/margarine. No margarine for me - haven't bought it in years. Only real butter.
                              sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.