How do you like your cornbread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you like your cornbread?

How do y'all like your cornbread? Sweet? Or Unsweet?

Do you put anything in your cornbread? If so, what? (Creamed corn; corn kernels; jalapenos...etc).

Do you make it from scratch? Or do you use a mix?

+++++++++++++++++

Me, I like both sweet and unsweet but my preference is sweet.

No "extra" ingredients in my cornbread either!

I'll sometimes make it from scratch, but generally my pantry always has plenty of Jiffy cornbread mix!

Sweet. Ya can't make cornbread without sugar!
    42.86%
    Unsweet. I like cornbread, not corn cake!
    21.43%
    'S all good! Either one is fine by me!
    35.71%
    Cornbread? What's that? You can make bread with corn?
    0.00%
    sigpic

Ok, let me be clear. I'm not just a Yankee, but I'm a damn Yankee, since I stayed. So what I do to cornbread is heresy and my southern (California) born friend hits me upside the head with her cornbread skillet when I talk about it. But....

I like sweet, with fresh butter.

I like unsweet with a nice thick browned crust all over.

I like sweet cornbread with creamed corn and green chiles added.

I like unsweet with cheddar and green chiles.

As, I said. I'm a damn Yankee, so mine comes from a box.

Comment

Unsweet, with jalapenos. searved under chili. MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm M!

Comment

I like mine like they made in elementary school. Only thing better was the canned spinach they served it with!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

unsweet, or else its cake lol I like it warm out of the oven with butter also in my beans. I love a crunchy crust to! I put a lil oil in my cast iron skillet warm it up in the oven and pour the corn bread batter in and listen to it sizzle mmmm mmm good ")
          I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Y'all are making me hungry. I'm gonna go get the box! LOL

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

[MENTION=4221]OLChemist[/MENTION]

Where'd you "stay" to still be a yankee? I thought you were south of the Mason-Dixon line!

But, as we all know, the world revolves around Texas so anything north of the Red River is Yankeeville. Damn Virginia Yankees, thinkin' they're all southern!

jks

[MENTION=21858]Joe's Dad[/MENTION]

No fair! We never had cornbread in the school cafeteria! We always had yeast rolls.

Mmmmmmmm! Canned spinach w/vinegar!
              sigpic

Comment

A Damned Yankee is one who crosses the Mason-Dixon and stays....and doesn't go back where they come from......

Cornbread- Homemade, not sweetened, nothing added to it, MUST BE REAL BUTTER

Cornbread- for the yankees I cook for , is sweet and usually gets honey and Butter (tastes like cake to me)

I make Homemade Mexican Cornbread with peppers / chillies in it....again, must have REAL BUTTER

It's ALWAYS cooked in its own cast iron skillet.....

or, I wil fry it up in little patties too for a little different taste at times...
                I will be a good girl , I will be a good girl, I will be a good girl......awe hell, we know this ain't gonna happen....

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"

Comment

Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post

school cafeteria cornbread and Canned spinach

Can tell yall gots iron guts, our school food wasn't edible at all, and quite frankly, even if they did serve cornbread, you wouldn't know it by the looks of it.

Comment

Originally posted by pigheaded View Post

Can tell yall gots iron guts, our school food wasn't edible at all, and quite frankly, even if they did serve cornbread, you wouldn't know it by the looks of it.
                    LOL

When I was in high school, our school cafeteria was shut down by the health department!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trouble View Post
                      A Damned Yankee is one who crosses the Mason-Dixon and stays....and doesn't go back where they come from......
                      Thanks, Trouble. I read OlChemist's post wrong. But then, I come from north of the Red River!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
                        Where'd you "stay" to still be a yankee? I thought you were south of the Mason-Dixon line!
                        I came south for college and grad school. After a brief and horrible stint in Boston, I went back south. While kissing the ground in the Texarkana Welcome station, I vowed the next time I went north of the Red River or east of the Mississippi for more than 10 days I was gonna be in a pine box.

Taklik tokse (sp?) anyone? When I was an undergrad, the secretary for the art department used to bring in some that her grandma made. That taste is all wrapped up with the smell of wet clay and photographic chemicals. Ahh, youth.

Comment

i dont know the difference between sweet and unsweet, i thought all cornbread was created equal lol

Comment

Originally posted by Grits & Beans View Post
                            i dont know the difference between sweet and unsweet, i thought all cornbread was created equal lol
                            except in the palate of the beholder. Mmmmmm taste the unsweet savory goodness. BTW unsweet is winning. WooooHoooo

Comment

cornbread

i like my cornbread unsweet with butter and lots of it(:

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.