New around the campfire....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New around the campfire....

Hello all!! I've been reading for a little while and posted a few times but haven't introduced myself yet.

My name is Stacey and I live in Oklahoma City. I support Red Earth Inc here in the City and was working in Dancer Hospitality this past weekend. It was work but also lots of fun. Way more fun than my real job at the Insurance Board for the State of Oklahoma. Thanks for having me and I hope to get to know the ropes soon.

Are there any hikers in here? It's pretty hot now but when it cools off I'll be ready to hit the trails again.
    Last edited by ok24stacey; 02-27-2008, 01:18 PM.
    "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Hello and welcome to the site!
    A tater tot is worth a thousand fries.

Comment

Originally posted by ok24stacey
      Are there any hikers in here? It's pretty hot now but when it cools off I'll be ready to hit the trails again.
      Hello Stacey,
      Welcome to Powwows.com. Did you ask if we hike? Hee, hee, hee.... This bunch won't hike unless they have a laptop and an internet connection.... Bunch of powwow.com junkies here..... Just kidding.... Again. .. Welcome.
      Numunu
      Kio-Manche
      Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

Well, my favorite place to go is the Wichita Mountains. If you know Lawton then you'll know exactly where I'm talking about. I'm on the computer for 45 hours a week so my hiking time is important for my sanity. LOL There are a few views in those mountains that will make you forget about technology for awhile. (but don't be fooled, I'm as addicted to message boards as the next person around here.)

Thanks for the welcome!!
        "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by ok24stacey
          Well, my favorite place to go is the Wichita Mountains. If you know Lawton then you'll know exactly where I'm talking about. I'm on the computer for 45 hours a week so my hiking time is important for my sanity. LOL There are a few views in those mountains that will make you forget about technology for awhile. (but don't be fooled, I'm as addicted to message boards as the next person around here.)

Thanks for the welcome!!
          I know the Wichita Mountains very well. I have hiked all over those wonderful little mountains. We used to hike to the 40 foot hole and swim. That area has been closed for some years, so the the natural habitat could be reinvigorated. When they open it back up, another section will be closed down.
          My favorite area is the Sunset camping area in the back of the range. Its got some great trails. I plan on doing some camping this summer down there. My folks live in Lawton, but I'd just as soon camp out there.
          That whole area has come back. Medicine Park is actually someplace to visit again. 15, 20 years ago, it was rundown and inhabited by meth labs. Heck, its a family attraction again.
          And of course, when you have hiked all day, and have a good appetite....its time for a Longhorn beef Meers burger. At the Meers store. With a big old glass of Iced Tea................DANG...your killing me here OKStacey!!!!!
          Kio-Manche
          Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

I was SHOCKED to see Medicine Park when we drove through in March. It was so pretty. We used to go swimming at that waterfall all the time until a rabid dog chased my cousin. It did get a little scary but not anymore.....everything is really looking great down there.

My favorite place in the Wichita's is Post Oak Falls. It's a good bit of climbing around but so worth it once you see that waterfall tucked in there. It's soooooo peaceful and you'd swear it was put there just for you to play in.

Do you camp at Doris? That's a nice place. I love to camp, too and that's my choice spot. Except for in this hellacious heat? 100 degrees already? I was supposed to be taking my 5 year old down to Camp Doris tomorrow as a matter of fact, but there is no way I am going in this weather. Been there, done that and it was miserable the whole time.

OMG.....just had a Meers burger last month. It's almost time for another, too. Too bad it wouldn't keep in the mail or I'd ship one of those big fella's right to ya!!
            Last edited by ok24stacey; 06-08-2006, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Camp Doris is nice...thats by Charons Gardens...if I remember right.... Thats great you take your 5 year old there. I was about that age myself when I started hiking there with my family... Those are some my best memories.
              I always wondered why the white people named them Wichita Mountains, and not Comanche Mountains.???

What do you mean its too hot? The weather is perfect right now. Thats what those water falls are for! You been selling insurance too long...LOL...

Well, I'll be down there in one week and one day. My family has a reunion and powwow in Cache, Ok. June 15-18 so I'll get that meersburger yet! Thanks for the thought of shipping me one though.....
              Numunu
              Kio-Manche
              Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Numunu1971
                Camp Doris is nice...thats by Charons Gardens...if I remember right.... Thats great you take your 5 year old there. I was about that age myself when I started hiking there with my family... Those are some my best memories.
                I always wondered why the white people named them Wichita Mountains, and not Comanche Mountains.???

What do you mean its too hot? The weather is perfect right now. Thats what those water falls are for! You been selling insurance too long...LOL...

Well, I'll be down there in one week and one day. My family has a reunion and powwow in Cache, Ok. June 15-18 so I'll get that meersburger yet! Thanks for the thought of shipping me one though.....
                Numunu

Yeah, I've kind of gotten spoiled as I've gotten older about the heat. It's hard for me to believe we used to play softball every weekend and made it out alive. Now if it's over a 100 degrees there had better be some water within a canon ball's distance. :)

I'd hike in the heat but I couldn't stew all night in a hot tent afterwards. We tried that one year and ended up stripping down to our underwear to get comfy. I got up early the next morning to go shower off and when I came back a big Buffalo was right outside our tent. The Hubby was still inside trying to gather a plan to get the barking mad German Shepherd off the chain (I put him out when I went and showered) and back into the tent without being rammed. As I was standing behind a nearby tree with other onlookers my Husband darts out of the tent (in nothing but his tighties) to wrestle the dog back in the tent before they both were stomped silly. I have never laughed so hard in all my life.

The waterfall is in Charon's Garden....a little slice of paradise. Enjoy that burger! And.....isn't it just like some dumb old white men to name a Mountain range that is smack dab in the middle of Comancheria after another tribe? Oy....

Comment

welcome aboard............

...GoT GreaSe?...

www.Grease.It.Ayye.com
                  RezinInc

sigpic

Comment

Hello, welcome to the powwows.com!

My parents and I went to Tahlaquah, Oklahoma last month to visited Cherokee village, Museum, gift shop, resaurants and more.

I have been hiked 5 miles around hills, there's some of dry creeks with fossils and rocks, some big rocks on hills, a river, woods and trees.

I just looked for animal bones, wild bird feathers, woods, and vines used for my Cherokee crafts.

I took few photos of in the wild alone but I got went back to Hotel and safe.

I had a GREAT fun and spent more time there!
                    Visit my Website & Forums: Native American & Cherokee Cultural Community. If you're interest it, sign up, feel free and hope to see you on the boards!

Comment

Nice to meet ya!

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes! It appears I have been adopted. I wanted to break the news in here. Finally!!

Comment

Hello and welcome.....hmmm that quote about the land was from Joni Mitchell's song Woodstock wasn't it??
                          Have fun at Yasgur's farm.....see ya in Saugertees....

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G
                            Hello and welcome.....hmmm that quote about the land was from Joni Mitchell's song Woodstock wasn't it??
                            Have fun at Yasgur's farm.....see ya in Saugertees....
                            I'm impressed. I think about 3 different groups covered that song and the lyrics I used was from Joni Mitchell's version.

Comment

Well, lets' see:
                              I remember it by 1. Ian Mattthews 2. Crosby/Stills/Nash....and of course Joni too...
                              but her's was the best version to me anyway

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X