Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello to all those just posting here! we hope to see you post in many of the other threads !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
    "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
    "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
    "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
    "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**

Comment

• Originally posted by mapleleaf View Post
      I also live in New York, but not from here. originally from Pa
      Hi Mapleleaf, where are you in NY? I live in CT, but am always back and forth to various places in NY... last month was up at Great Sacanaga Lake, this weekend was in Tarrytown (at a Dark Shadows convention, at the Marriot there.... no, not my idea, my husband's a big fan LOL), next weekend after Schimutzen I'm going back up to Great Sacanaga Lake area (about 1/2 hour north of Saratoga)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerri View Post
        Hi Mapleleaf, where are you in NY? I live in CT, but am always back and forth to various places in NY... last month was up at Great Sacanaga Lake, this weekend was in Tarrytown (at a Dark Shadows convention, at the Marriot there.... no, not my idea, my husband's a big fan LOL), next weekend after Schimutzen I'm going back up to Great Sacanaga Lake area (about 1/2 hour north of Saratoga)

I live on Staten Island
        Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator "What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.""

Comment

• Originally posted by mapleleaf View Post
          I live on Staten Island
          Must be a nice central location, you're pretty close to various things in any direction.

Hey, is that you with that sweet raccoon in your avatar? Nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by APACHEFIRE View Post
            hello APPARITION! very nice to meet you. i danced when i lived out west. here in the east is alot different. i dont have any contacts and havent gotten into the swing of going to all the powwows. i hope you post a picture of your fancy shawl when you get the chance. im sure it is beautiful. i hope to see you in the other threads. talk to you later!
            Thank you, Apachefire for the warm welcome. It is nice to meet you, too. I can only imagine the difference in cultures between eastern states and western ones.. Having always lived in my native Texas, I have only experienced those differences temporarily while on vacation or visiting family. I do hope you were able to settle in nicely and that the opportunity to resume dancing will present itself if that is your desire. Once finished with the shawl, I will be happy to post a picture of it...though at this rate, it may not be ready until next dance season. Again, thank you for the warm welcome and I am delighted to make your acquaintance.

Comment

• Originally posted by ac_miss View Post
              APPARITION- where in east Texas are you from? I'm probably in the same woods you're at. *LOL*
              I am from the Commerce/Campbell area. Though I also have family in the D/FW area and and am there on occassion.
              May I ask where you are from? And thank you for taking the time to greet me.

Comment

• Originally posted by tikiboo View Post
                Hello Maddie. glad to have you on the site. this is only one thread tho. I'm also jelous that I never tried to get to the nations befor I turned too old to do any thing. I'm part cherokee how much don't know. all has passed away that I could check with. but thats ok. got lots of indian friends here.
                I gave a bead to you because you are new, if you don't know what that is you'll find out quick enough, have fun on PowWow.and again welcome....
                Hello, Tikiboo and thank you for the taking the time to welcome me. I am looking forward to making new acquaintances on here and I have much to learn. Though what I have found out so far has enriched my life greatly and answered many lifelong questions.
                I am glad to see that you have followed your heart and that you seek answers as well. I do hope you reap great joy from dancing and from the friends you have made.
                Thank you for the bead, and at the moment, I don't know what they are...I find I have much to learn about the site.
                But, that is my first bead!!!! And I shall seek out that knowledge. and, again, I thank you.

Comment

• Intros

Hi all, You can call me B'zer and I'm from Big Smoke, Ontario.
                  I'd like to thank Paul G. for the warm welcome.
                  I am here to learn and help when I can.
                  Last edited by B'zer; 08-22-2007, 03:39 PM.
                  Blessed are the cracked for they shall let in the light.

Comment

• Originally posted by B'zer View Post
                    Welcome and I am glad to here u are willing to help when u can ther3es a lot of people asking in different threads u will never be bored thats for sure! Have a great day
                    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is
                    weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by apparition View Post
                      I am from the Commerce/Campbell area. Though I also have family in the D/FW area and and am there on occassion.
                      May I ask where you are from? And thank you for taking the time to greet me.
                      Apparition: I'm from the Alabama-Coushatta Reservation between Livingston and Woodville. We have our annual pow-wow every 1st weekend in June with benefit pow-wows in the late fall.

Are you going to be at the Traders Village (Grand Prairie) Pow-wow next month? My oldest brother will be the head singer there.
                      Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

• Originally posted by Foxmoon View Post
                        Welcome and I am glad to here u are willing to help when u can ther3es a lot of people asking in different threads u will never be bored thats for sure! Have a great day
                        Thank you for the welcome Foxmoon, same to you and stay a happy woman.

There is a lot of reading material here.
                        B'zer
                        Blessed are the cracked for they shall let in the light.

Comment

• Originally posted by B'zer View Post
                          Welcome B'zer follow the threads and you will learn lots. make friends .and get posts as well , have fun I'm from Wash.State. Born in Akron Ohio raised in LA. came north after I married. and am now 74 yrs old. thats enough about me.

Comment

• Hay welcome B'zer! I like your avatar.
                            "Respect means listening until everyone is heard and undrstood only then is there a possibility of "Balance and Harmony"
                            the goal of Indian Spirituality."

Dave Chief, Grandfather of Red Dog

Comment

• I'm Currently in Austin, Texas...but originally Oregon...
                              HOWDY HOWDY HOWDY!!! LONG TIME NO SEE!!!

Comment

• hi Lilbigwoman! I live in Livingston which is about a 4 hour drive from you. Maybe we'll run into each other one day. Austin Pow-wow is coming up in a lil over 2 months.
                                Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.