Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NewHere and Starting Over

Hello.
    I am new to the boards here, I registered awhile ago and have been a lurker, LOL. It has been 12 years since I last danced and now that I have children they want to get started in the pow wow circle and they are the ones who are leading me back. I lost my father 8 years ago and it has been really hard for me to get back to the pow wow circle. I guess in some ways I used that as a shield to avoid the pain due to my loss. All my memories were of my father in the circle and somehow when I went to pow wows I felt empty without him. Now that my children want to dance I am more aware of how important dancing is to me. My father would have wanted me and my children to continue in the circle. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and say HI and to see if there was anyone else who had left the circle for any amount of time and if so how did you get back into everything? I myself have to start out all over again in regards to all my outfits and I have to make my children things as well.
    sorry this was so long, thanks for reading if you got this far!!

Welcome to PowWows.com
    sigpic
    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

i made it through...aye jk...welcome to powwows dot calm....
      sometimes i dont feel like going to powwows but im glad when i get there after awhile.... i havent dance since i was like 10...and that was fancy..i may try jingle....im a grandma..a young grandma...see you around...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• tohani
        To Start Again
        by tohani
        Hi, I'm here because I know I need the support in battling to dance again for years now. I'm 33 years old and I have always been taught the old ways, our values and being a strong native woman. I have the tools, the resources, the passion but I need a boost here. I was brought up in the pow-wow circle...
        03-25-2008, 03:28 PM
      • Okwataga
        we're slowing down in here
        by Okwataga
        I know most would love to wear buckskin and they have thier own stuff to talk about
        I've noticed a slack in talking to each other in here
        why don't we start with intos - and go from there

I'm single mom, full time work with tribe(EBCI), have two sons, dance southern cloth,...
        05-10-2002, 03:02 PM
      • chirapachegurl
        Comeback to powwows.com
        by chirapachegurl
        Wow i haven't been in here forever it took me a long time to figure out how to start a dog-gone thread, well i did it!!! Anyways, I had stopped logging onto powwows.com because I had to spread my wings and fly out of my mothers nest and into the world. I had enlisted into the military and therefore...
        08-08-2006, 03:41 PM
      • curiousity
        I'm new to the powwow and have started my journey. Please advise.
        by curiousity
        I have just stepped back onto the journey that I began almost twenty years ago. I am attending my first gathering of Storytellers and will in the spring attend my first Powwow ever. For a wedding gift I received a choker from my husband and would like to wear it to the gathering of Storytellers, but...
        11-15-2004, 06:33 PM
      • woggs
        I entered the circle...
        by woggs
        I danced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
        You know what..I danced on this nite. For my first time since Rocky Boy. It was such a great feeling! I feel like a million bucks. I have been helping with a funeral for the past two days. Today I went to "view" my friend who...
        02-26-2006, 05:14 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X