New to Cali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Cali

Hi everyone! I'm a Texan by birth and have Cherokee/Choctaw and probably Commanche heritage. When I dress out for pow wows, I wear a Commanche cloth dress outfit to honor my Texas roots. Been to many a public and private pow wow (or family dance) over the decades and enjoy listening to both Northern and Southern songs.

Since moving to the Stockton area, I've been involved with and supporting 3 Rivers Indian Lodge, a rehab facility for Native American men. I'm now a board member and am helping 3 Rivers to realize a dream of a larger facility that we OWN, not rent, and to expand services to women, Native vets, mental health, and a culture center. This has become my life and my purpose.

I often participate in the women's sweat lodge ceremony and am learning to sing my favorite Lakota songs. These ceremonies have given me strength and comfort as the primary care giver for a blind, disabled Viet Nam Vet, my dear husband. My friends at 3 Rivers have been true friends and I can't do enough to help them and the Lodge -- we are a strong, but small community.

Aho!
    Shawl Lady

Welcome to the board ! Happy posting
    " J'adore les cacahuètes. Tu bois une bière et tu en as marre du goût. Alors tu manges des cacahuètes. Les cacahuètes, c'est doux et salé, fort et tendre, comme une femme. Manger des cacahuètes, it's a really strong feeling. Et après tu as de nouveau envie de boire une bière. Les cacahuètes, c'est le mouvement perpétuel à la portée de l'homme. " Jean-Claude Vandamme

Comment

New to Cali

Thank you, Grobanite! :)
      Shawl Lady

Comment

It's a pleasure ! you will have fun here !
        See U
        " J'adore les cacahuètes. Tu bois une bière et tu en as marre du goût. Alors tu manges des cacahuètes. Les cacahuètes, c'est doux et salé, fort et tendre, comme une femme. Manger des cacahuètes, it's a really strong feeling. Et après tu as de nouveau envie de boire une bière. Les cacahuètes, c'est le mouvement perpétuel à la portée de l'homme. " Jean-Claude Vandamme

Comment

New to Cali

Where are you located, Grobanite?
          Shawl Lady

Comment

Lille in France and you California ?

Comment

hi welcome. I've been to Stockton powwow before!

happy posting!
              The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

From Texas

Hi Super, where in Texas do you live? All my family is back there in Austin, Marshall and Fort Worth areas.
                Shawl Lady

Comment

France

What a surprise to see a French girl in this forum! Have you been to the US? What got you interested in Native American culture? You got my curiosity going!
                  Shawl Lady

Comment

lol yes I think I'm the only one french girl in the board !! I've never been in USA, but I'm coming on October !!!!! Have you ever been in france ? I'm really curious of many things so interested in Native American culture too !! I'll send a PM so we could talk to each other !
                    Bizous ! @+

Comment

Well Bon Jour! :) I know the originator of this is not French, but what the hay?! ;)
                      Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

Well, I am off to help out at the 3 Rivers Indian Lodge Pow Wow this weekend. Probably be making fry bread again, selling tee shirts and CD's for the Lodge, and getting in some dancing time. Yeeee hah!

Everyone have a safe and happy weekend, wherever you are, whatever you do.

:D
                        Shawl Lady

Comment

Welcome Shawl_Lady!!!!! Glad you decided to join us!!!!!!!!!!
                          The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
                          -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Thank you to everyone for your warm welcomes. I enjoy getting into discussions on various topics with all of you. I'm enjoying the Gourd Dancing one.

Everyone have a good 4th of July weekend!
                            Shawl Lady

Comment

hey shawl lady,

nice to have you here. How as the lodge's pow-wow? I'm also from cali, but i went down to pechanga. But am curious about 3 rivers. lemme know.
                              There's nothing finer than the QUAPAW girl at a nine'r. *L*

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X